Looking for some super old lore text

Hey all, I’m looking for a super old lore text that’s been in my head for awhile. I thought the text was thought-provoking in a unique way. I’d like to read it again, but my googlefu got me nowhere.

It went a little something like this:

Some mention of I think the Elders? Possibly Minmatar-based lore? I don’t know. But the narrator of the lore text was in a cloaked ship or something (but this isn’t explicitly said, just something you would glean from the text). The narrator saw some sort of ceremony, in which he seemed to explain some invisible hand gripped the Elder vessels, one by one, and “threw” them away into space, and that he had realized ‘he witnessed a great and terrible secret’.

I couldn’t find this text in any of the old region status description compilations (the region descriptions were removed around 2014/2015 I believe). I think it was one of the region status descriptions though, but I’m not super sure. I also looked for this text in EVE’s backstory section (https://community.eveonline.com/backstory/) in every category and was not able to find it.

I’m hoping someone remembers something like this. It’s been a really long time.

That’s most of the Elder stuff I know. I will keep hunting.

Minmatar Lore question?

You need @Elsebeth_Rhiannon

New to the forum’s facelift. How do I get in touch with that person, or is mentioning their name enough to drop a notification in their inbox?

If they come to the forums they may see it, but you can also reach out to them in game via EVEmail.

“One by one the Thukker ships approached. An invisible hand tore them away and flung them visibly into the void that lies between the stars grabbed each. As even the great city-ships were seized, one by one the geometrically aligned vessels were sucked into their wake, disappearing from view. After I was alone once again in the cold, dead space, I knew I witnessed a great and terrible secret.”

• Travels of Germone Ferush

That’s the bit you’re looking for. It is or was in a solar system description, but not sure which one. Probably one in Great Wildlands though.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.