Main AFK cloaky thread

Merged in 19 Posts from GD.

You certainly look like one. Yet another entitled crybaby that thinks he’s ready for the big boys, but is better off playing World of Warcraft instead.

In other words: PvP.

Chapter 7:

The essential core concept of EVE Online is that it is full time PvP in a sandbox environment. As has been mentioned in previous sections any player can engage another player at any time in any place.

Sovereignty doesn’t mean 100% risk-free farming space and if your failure of an alliance can’t defend the space it has claimed, your failure of an alliance doesn’t deserve to hold said space in the first place. I bet you’re just more renter trash, here crying about how you can’t RMT farm 24/7 because the big, bad neutral in local is imposing a non-zero amount of risk on you.

You and your friends frankly shouldn’t play EVE. It’s fairly obvious. You expect the game to be something it is not, but instead of accepting that, you’re whining just like the average entitled millennial.

This literally screams that 1) EVE is the wrong game for you and 2) you should not be anywhere near nullsec.

If they’re all as ■■■■ as you appear to be, I don’t doubt that for a second. Go back to highsec.

You could do your due diligence on gathering intel on him, have a standing fleet up, move to another system, bait him out, … But of course you want none of that. It’s effort and you don’t want effort. You just want 100% safe botting space to get that juicy RMT ISK.

You know EVE is a player driven game, but expect other players to play your way, by your rules, or not at all. I love the irony in that statement, but fear it is lost on you.

People like you have been crying for 12(?) years now and CCP didn’t give a ■■■■ about it. Nothing about cloaking is going to change without changes to local as well.

Having trash like you removed from the game is better for the health of the game, as well as the health of the community. One entitled whiner less.

Cloaky camping is the only effective tool to impose any risk at all on 24/7 pve farming in nullsec and it only works against trash alliances and renters. People that are bad for the game and also should not be anywhere near nullsec. Call it a mild form of natural selection, at least in EVE it somewhat still works. If you’d have had to cope with it in the real world, you wouldn’t have made it.

4 Likes

Exposed as carebear, who has never achieved anything beyond hoarding meaningless, virtual richness.

Your corporation would not help even if he was not cloaked, and not afk. You would bat phone whoever it is you are renting from, because you are weak, irrelevant, crying carebears and possibly RMTers.

You deserve pity, not space in nullsec.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you are grieving over not being good enough to farm your space when a guy in a crappy ship with a cloak is scaring you and your fellow corp and alliance members so much. Have you considered a grief counselor? And rest assured grief over a loss fades with time.

3 Likes

Don’t worry ISD Buldath as assured me they don’t police the forums so it’s okay to start multiple threads on the same topic.

Correct. Players in NS can make their space very safe via effort and expending resources. This is fully intended game play.

As for cloaked ships you and the right organization:

Delve is one of the most economically active systems in the entire game. And often one of the most heavily camped. For weeks Replicator and his dozens of alts had numerous systems cloaky camped. Yet during that time player miners in Delve produced a massive amount of mineral value that was massively larger than the next 5 regions combined. The ratters killed a stunning number of rats and pulled in the largest amount of ISK in terms of bounties. The imports and exports into/out of Delve are some of the highest in game. The market in Delve is surpassed by only Jita and Amarr. Yet many systems were camped by a cloaky camper. And all of this can be verified by looking at the monthly economic reports.

So no a system does not have to be paralyzed at all.

Edit: Typos

Uhh ohh

Why not make cloaking devices magnetic, when they are active they slowly build up minute amounts of debris that cause the cloaked ship to begin to form a signature that can be scanned. If the module is left running to the point of a full signature being displayed the module could then require the user to dock and have his ship cleaned in order to render his hull “cloakable” again. This would provide the observant the ability to actually find said voyeur, as well as the periodic vulnerability they would incur by being forced to dock for a detailing.
Just a random thought over a bowl of stew…

2 Likes

Dude, variations on that idea have been suggested a number of times…

See:

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=134421

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=135195

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3325984#post3325984

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3328426#post3328426

Basically, it is the old “timer” suggestion. Been suggested before and been shot down before and never implemented.

1 Like

Then don’t let the cloaked ship undermine your system. Do all of your PvP in 50-man fleets of PvP ships, ensuring that if the cloaked ship ever does anything but sit terrified in a safespot it will instantly die. Don’t ever leave a vulnerable target for it to attack.

Oh wait, that would require you to actually put work into defending your system instead of renting one and expecting to be able to farm it like highsec.

2 Likes

Doesn’t have to be that at all, however in any case, if you are better prepared than him, he and his buddies deserve to die. If not, you (and your buddies) deserve to die.

Be better prepared and you never have to worry about campers.

I will start off with saying I enjoy blops and killing miners just like everyone else. With that, I don’t think cloaky camping is broken, I would say, it doesn’t follow every other dynamic in the game. Let me elaborate, everything in the game has a counter or “Rock-Paper-Scissor” effect. Cloaky ships have no counter, which means its one of the very few mechanic that can’t be countered. I know the argument is, you should get a bigger fleet or PVP the enemy away. However this argument is flawed, the camper has all the control in selecting when, what, and how to pick the engagement. To farther add, you can make the “bring a bigger fleet next time” to any mechanic that CCP changed to make the game better, like Jump Fatigue, “Force projection is to powerful” counter “You should have brought a bigger fleet”.

Suggestion:
There should be away to disrupt, hunt, or engage the Cloaky Camper. The camper says they want PVP then give people away to give them PVP on there terms vs. the campers.

1. Ships that have depth charges or new bombs, which disrupt cloaks for a brief time or force them to reactive cloaks.
  2. New probes that can scan cloaked ships
  3. Ships that can create pulses in the system to disrupt cloaks
  4. Make Cloaks use fuel, which will force a camper to have some risk by refueling ever once and a while

At the end of the day people want a way to defend there SOV plain and simple, this mechanic is one of the few that prevents individuals from being able to do that.
“I KNOW, YOU CAN JUST FORM A BIGGER FLEET TO DEFEND YOUR SPACE. YOU CAREBEAR!”

I feel your comment is incomplete… But I just can not pin it down…

Let me know what you find that is incomplete. I could add more, however I feel the is enough content in my post to drive the conversation forward.

Confirming that the only reason why there is a conversation going in the first place, is because people continuously pushing it, and not because it is an actual problem affecting a significant amount of people.

1 Like

As stated in my post above, the act of camping is not my issue, I personnel do it myself. The fact that there is no counter to it is, my issue, there should be away for people to hunt the hunters. However, the hunters don’t like to be hunted, they just like to kill easy targets and not have actual PVP content.

There should also be a way to stalk prey without sticking out like a sore thumb.

Once local is fixed, you can fix cloaking.

1 Like

I agree that you shouldn’t stick out like a sore thumb and that is not the suggestion. The suggestion is give people away to actually turn cloaky camping into a content generation tool, versus a way to kill a small groups ability to generate isk. The suggestion also makes it so people actually have to play the game, not just login before work and sit AFK in a system all day.

It doesn’t. You are being slightly naive.

If there’s only a matter of time before a cloaker is found, the ratter simply has to sit an wait until the timer runs out. There will be no action.

Likewise if a team of combat ships can flush a cloaker out its the same problem but reversed. The cloaker cannot engage a true combat ship because fitting a cloak MAKES him weaker. He is forced to leave without a fight and ratters can just wait for this to happen.

Given that each side can see eachother they will always choose not to let themselves be exposed without the odds being heavily in their favour. What we need to do is stop them from seeing eachother.

Cloaking works fine in WH’s, it’s a cyno after uncloaking that most people seem concerned by. The problem has nothing to do with cloaks and everything to do with pschology, laziness, and cynos being used to drop on people.

1 Like