Main AFK cloaky thread

I have no concern about AFK cloaking as it doesn’t concern me in WH space as it simply can’t happen.

Where I do have a concern is when anti-cloakers try to use AFK cloaking to change a module used in many ATK ways because they won’t undock unless it is perfectly safe.

We should petition CCP to ban bad attitudes to undocking, or at least make not undocking require isotopes or something.

3 Likes

Okay…

That you guys beat back a bunch cloaky camping jackasses…good job. No irony at all. Seriously, hat off and well done.

But you just prove my point…that with some effort you can take a cloaky camper and shove his nonsense right up his exhaust pipe means that cloaky camping is not some sort of death nell in the game.

So I take you closing my topic as an answer then: you are going to do ■■■■ about fixing this easy money exploit.

The devs don’t give a crap because EVE isn’t your favorite themepark space mmo with magical unicorns. EVE is supposed to be harsh. No hand-holding, no free cookies, no caving in to bears and whiners. Thieving, scamming and general douchebaggery in EVE is not only allowed, it is actively encouraged. There even are official trailers about it, god damn.
The problem isn’t with the developers, nor with ISD, it’s with you and your attitude about what you believe this game should be about. Games cater to a select group of people and you’re either in that group or you’re not. Demanding the devs change the game to suit your wants and needs, instead of accepting that you’re just not part of the target demographic, is your real problem.
HTFU or leave.

Cloaky campers aren’t generating any ISK, therefor there is no “easy money”. Unless, of course, you think that making 0 ISK / hour is easy money.

Cloaky camping also isn’t an exploit, as officially stated here.

In other words: He was better / smarter than you guys and outplayed you. Him being better at the game isn’t any justification to nerf it.

I’ve said on several occasions in this thread dumping ground that I don’t actually care about cloacky camping. So kindly take your attitude and shove it somewhere I don’t want to know about. I’ve been playing this game from the beginning and am well aware of what it is and what it is not.

For supposedly not caring, you sure are crying like a baby about it. Words say a lot, but actions say the truth.

1 Like

Dude! I read the first line you wrote on the second post right after

post before deleting it and it was actually pretty good and not ranty.
Why did you deleat it? :confused:

Almost 100% true… But here is what it takes to make it not true.

Having 30+ guys in over a dozen systems trying to log in ASAP after down time all to get a glimpse of a cloaky camper as he logs in from several locations and warp to the general location from every angle and then estimate how close he was to each person off of recorded video before he cloaked up and setting up those players in positions like combat scan probes outfitted with combat scan probes then logging most of them off in position with a handful of people still logged in for standing fleet and the regular player base doing there thing all day and some swapping out all day looking for a decloaked ship and praying he does not just decloak and warp to another location, then repeat the process over and over each day until the triangulation maneuver finally lands on the cloaked camper [assuming he never moved to another safe.] and decloaking him to kill him.

That is no less than 300 players tied up for DAYS

As this fine gentleman has calculated for us.
Just to get rid of the cloak campers in 10 systems.
and that is just the ships that can not be used for anything but triangulation.
Support all day scanning ships number no less than 3 on scheduled shifts all day

so (3x10) + 300 = 330 players to clear 10 systems from just 10 cloaky campers…

F U C K!

From what I read PL is bullying Provibloc to capture all the outposts. It’s fun for PL, but no fun for anyone on the other side. Do you want CCP to make outposts invulnerable now, just because they’re unable to defend their property?

2350 posts in total. When you remove all the ■■■■■■■■, stupid and redundant “ideas”, you’re left with one side lecturing the other and the other side crying about how they have to put in effort and can’t get everything for free.

More like they actually have a clue what EVE is about. Unlike you. Nullsec is a dedicated PvP zone - supposedly high risk, high reward. It’s not your personal farming ground.
If AFK cloaking really were an issue game-balance wise, CCP would have fixed it in the past 12 years. But they didn’t, because it’s not an issue. They also proclaim every time they’re asked about at Fanfest that they will not change anything about AFK cloaking without also changing local (which, by the way, was never intended to be the intel tool it has become).

So instead of asking CCP to “fix” things in your favor that you may run your bot 23/7 to fund your RMT income, how about you HTFU instead? Or go back to playing World of Warcraft when EVE is too hard for you.

I thought Agent Jita and Lena were the same?

Someone brought up common sense, which is my domain.

Common sense actually dictates:

■■■■ the little guy, if he needs higher ups to help him get what he wants. ■■■■ you and get lost! You people fail at acting self responsible, you create conspiracy theories about how CCP does not care about you supposedly thousands out there, you create lies, you abuse words, you ignore that you do not deserve space you can not defend!

Yes! Common sense dictates that those who can not compete will perish! YOU will perish! And nothing of value will be lost, because all you can do is whine! It is not common sense to try to get some higher authority to change something to make it easier for you to compete! That is not how nature works and not how humanity worked for tens of thousands of years!

All you have is words., ad no one cares, because you are insignificant whiners! We know it, CCP knows it and you know it as well, but try to compensate by whining to Big Brother about how you have no chance!

Get a clue: You don’t deserve it! You guys are just RMTers whining about your lost profits, because anyone with common sense would just ■■■■■■■ leave the game for something else!!

1 Like

I believe so too, but they say they aren’t. Due to lack of undeniable proof and to stay in-character, I just refer to them as two different entities, even though they write and act the same.

I’ve actually been fairly light on the anti-cloacky-camping stance in here, mate. I was mostly arguing with the mod decisions to bury the topic.

But apparently not completely agreeing with everything you pro-cloacky-camping lot say makes me a whiny carebare that cries about things constantly. (You guys seriously need new material, this is stale as ■■■■.)

Yeah, you care so little that you thought you have to make dedicated whine thread 22597325972357952 about it, only to then swing over to whine about ISD supposedly burying your bucket load of tears, when all they do is their job. You sure are a very special snowflake, aren’t ya.

I don’t know who you’re trying to fool here. Seems to work on you, but it sure ain’t working on anyone else.

@DeadDrift_Aroze

People are living in space where afk cloaking is part of life. If you don’t like it, go where afk cloaking doesn’t happen. Low sec, hi sec or wh’s.

Eve is a game about choices. Pros and cons. You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

Clearly living in null is worth suffering afk cloakers. Otherwise you wouldn’t be there. And it’s clearly not making you unsub either.

If you are ignored, which is likely, its because you are a self entitled whine bag. Rather than actually putting your money where your mouth is.

2 Likes

So in the end it is working flawlessly, the people who are afraid to undock if anyone else is in the system, don’t undock, which would seem perfect since if they are that afraid they shouldn’t be there in the first place.

I don’t see the problem and since the same thing applies to local we can just remove too

1 Like

Without local cloaked ships would cyno drop everything and anything all the time every time… I don’t care what alliance you are in.

NO

They are bad enough as is WITH local.
They really would be for all intents and purposes, the end all be all strategy to wear people down and make things not fun for the defenders at all, leaving less than little recourse as it already is such that defenders are at a sever disadvantage if not putting cloak campers in the enemy’s home system. Which most of the time you will not find or know who is doing it to begin with.

Plus killing local would kill a huge portion of the social aspect of the game, so NO

It’s pretty much a given that changing cloaks is going to cost you local.

You’ve got two positions that you can respectably take. Either don’t change anything, or change both cloaks and local.

1 Like

or make cloaks like I mentioned earlier in normal space and permanent without the timed manual recalibration in WH space and problem solved.

Cloaks are for WH space safety primarily anyways due to the inherently dangerous nature of WH space but normal space is not so trying as you have entrances and exits, possible safety.

So say WH space has no gates and thus no Concord presence EG: No IFF/local and scanners tracking the comings and goings of gate users to make cloaks need to manually recalibrate to remain cloaked.
and
Regular space has gates and thus Concord presence EG: Yes IFF/local and scanners tracking the comings and goings of gate users to make cloaks need to manually recalibrate to remain cloaked.

After all, how do Concord and the Empires find your cloaked ship in the first place if you do bad things in high sec and try to cloak?
Gates = Some Concord or Empire presence… If not much.