Main AFK cloaky thread

It’s happening…don’t get too reliant on local.

1 Like

When?

I prefer the plan where just the cloakers are removed from local while they are cloaked.

you’ve obviously tried to ignore all the other legitimate uses for a cloak in many area of eve not WH space…

From a cloaker standpoint, I’d totally love that, especially for the mountain of salt it generate.
But from a game balance standpoint, that would be so incredibly broken.

Local and cloaking can only ever be changed with a complete revamp to both of them.

What do you expect? He’s likely never used a cloaking device in all the time he’s been playing EVE. Not once. The anti-AFK cloaker crowd all fit that pattern. They’re just here complaining, whining and making “suggestions” on how to supposedly “fix” a playstyle they know absolutely nothing about.
That’s also why any discussions with them are doomed from the beginning. They don’t understand the subject, nor do they want to. They just want CCP to change things in their favor. Be that because they’re botters / RMTers, or just total failures (renter trash) that have no business being anywhere near nullsec. They’re just entitled crybabies, not worth listening to.

So many botters and RMTers crying about their lost income …

The popular bet is when we get OA’s.

I have serious doubts that it will make these people happy… : - )

1 Like

It would be nice to have some balance between cloaky guy and his opponents. Something more reasonable than pushing button once a day per account versus “It took an antire alliance over 2 months, almost 3, to get rid of about 16 or so cloaky campers by logging in immediately after down time scanning non stop, using triangulation, 23/7 standing…”

1 Like

The ■■■■ are you talking about? I made no thread. I literally replied to a thread on the topic stating that there was no point making such threads. I sincerely hope - for your sake - that your aim is better in-game than it is with the personal attacks in these forums.

My only annoyance with this whole ■■■■-storm was that the mods were burying the topic. Didn’t especially care what the topic was, just that topics in general should not be buried by officials.

After introducing skill extractors it is no more issue. Cloaky account can pay for himself by selling skill points (of course initial training will cost some isks and market fluctuations will still drain some)

Welp, you’re right. I looked up the two original threads again and it appears I mixed you up with DeadDrift Aroze.

Except they aren’t. They’re enforcing CCPs forum rules and keep all the cloaky whining in one place so that it doesn’t litter the forums everywhere.
CCP is well aware how the weak are perceiving AFK cloaking. They have been for well over a decade. If it were a problem, they would have changed something, but alas they didn’t and every time they’re asked about it, they always answer that no changes to cloaking will be made without also drastically changing local, as the two systems are just too intertwined.

There’s an alternative: do your PvE in large PvP-fit fleets, as you should already be doing regardless of the presence of a name in local. The cloaked ship can only sit there and be a useless paperweight, and you can ignore the name in local. You only need to invest the massive effort required to hunt down and kill a cloaked ship if you’re obsessed with having no names in local.

If your RED your DEAD!

That is the rule of alliance space.

I didn’t ask for alternative.

There is some imbalance in the cloak mechanic (by some pilots opinion).
A cloak action is too easy, while a counter-cloak action demands inadequately more efforts.
Some pilots want to fix it.
Sadly, CCP haven’t made an official statement with the seal if it is imbalanced or not.
Of course we have developers post on forum and answers from QA session, but it’s hardly counts as an official statement.
Official statement usually looks like this https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/204873262-Known-Declared-Exploits

We can make the exact same argument about local intel.

1 Like

If you have to use a gate as the only entrance and exit to one location and that gate is owned by the most powerful police force in existence… I think you are always going to show up in local. :confused:

Now if the cloaked ship got there through a cyno or WH, I could see them as not showing up in local immediately.

That is your choice. Saying “WE MUST HAVE NO NAMES IN LOCAL” is not a legitimate response to the question of why you are so obsessed with removing names from local.

That is background fiction, we’re talking about gameplay. Local gives free intel and makes RMT farming (and garbage-tier renter alliances that would RMT if they weren’t so terrible at EVE that they can’t even RMT successfully) essentially a zero-risk activity. Change local, and then write whatever background fiction is required to explain it.

1 Like

It is a legitimate response.
If you come in our space, you die.
You don’t fight, you just die.
You and everyone learns you enter this space, you die.
After you learn, you do not enter.
You do not enter, we can farm and do whatever without interference.
Private tournaments, help noobs ISK up, ratters rat, miners mine, site runners run sites, etc.

It’s called securing your space.
You do not want to just die all the time, no one does, so you eventually give up and leave people alone for a while.

That is the purpose, to buy a period of peace.
To build up, recover from big fights.
To give new players a foot hold and have some steady progress till they have enough SP, ISK and IRL experience to stand on their own without someone holding their hand and needing large standing fleets to cover them after they have been scarred and beaten out of high sec by constant wardecks and are trying their last hope, the place where everyone tells them to go and everything will be better… Null.

To just plane relax and enjoy all the hard work of taking the space and clearing it and holding it.
To gain respect as violent nasty SOB’s you do not want to mess with under penalty of the loss of your ships, structures and space with your corp being hunted down into oblivion for crossing us and messing with our training/initiation space.

and the only way to do any of that… Is kill anything and everything not blued.