Main AFK cloaky thread

They don’t anyway. Their bots do that for them.

1 Like

Cloaky and/or nullified ■■■■ says hi.

Entry points are impossible to control in kspace. Then again, as I said, when we get camped we just kill the campers… if they drop, we drop harder because we’ve got caps and they’ve got blackops.

It has always been my position that your sov space is yours only if you have the muscle to keep it. If you’re not willing to fight and able to win, it’s not yours.

Generally two ways for it to go down. If they’re in a bomber they can decloak, lock, scram, web, and cyno all at at once. If they’re in a recon/T3C, there’s a 5 second recalibration delay… they typically get around this by sneaking up on the target and bumping it to decloak (especially in the case of a pre-aligned carrier).

If it’s a T3C or recon, odds are they’ll scan your ship first to see if you have a cyno. If it’s a bomber, they’ll probably light their cyno asap as they’re in a paper thin ship.

4 Likes

It goes a little something like this… =)

1 Like
  1. Ships can be decloaked if someone is less than 2000m distance, so not 100% safe theoretically.
  2. The impact cloaky ships have on you alone, trying to bot/afk rat, is your problem alone.
1 Like

How about loss of ability to cloak? :slight_smile:

AFK anything that in any way affect the game and other players should not be possible. Whether your for or against cloaky camping, I hope we can all agree on that.

Put a damn max. timer on the cloaking device and a 10 % cool down timer. So when max. time is reached the cloaking device turns of and if, for example the max. time is 1 hour, there will be a 6 minutes cool down period before the cloaking device can be activated again. If you only warp through a system and do that for 20 seconds cloaked, the cool down period will be 2 seconds. Get the picture ?

This should keep everyone happy, except for the AFK cloaky campers.

1 Like

Then when the cloaking device turns off, all I have to do is warp back and forth between various safe spots and wait out the cooldown, then re-engage the cloak, and you’ll still be cowering in fear in station afraid to undock because of a ship you can’t see…

You obviously don’t seem to get the point. If you do that, then you are not AFK. Good for you.

1 Like

I’m still AFK for an hour. Then you have a whopping 6 minutes reprieve. Then it’s right back to AFK for another hour. Rinse, repeat. You still won’t be able to get anything done for fear of a ship you can’t see…

I wouldn’t fear you.

1 Like

You might not, but apparently there are thousands of other players that do fear a cloaked ship, else this thread wouldn’t exist…

2 Likes

We all play differently and I think we should acknowledge that. I don’t think people are actually scared. They are just not gonna undock easy and expensive targets with a cloaky camper in system - that’s just common sense. Ships still needs to be build and for that mining is required. ISK has to be made and for that ratting or other activities are required. When AFK cloaky camping is used as harassment to prevent certain activities from being done, then I think it’s a problem that disrupts the joy some people would like to have playing the game.

1 Like

You’ve just captured the futility of this entire thread.

If someone is AFK, they are not a threat. There is no one operating the ship, so there is no danger.

And if you are operating the ship, getting ready to attack or light a cyno, then you are not AFK.

So complaining about the danger of AFK Cloakys is stupid.

1 Like

Only the camper knows if he/she is AFK so to everyone else that camper would always present a danger/risk. That is why AFK cloaky camping works and why it is being utilized on a large scale in some areas.

1 Like

They know why and how it works, they are just being deliberately obtuse because its weighted so far in their favor. If a camper had to actually do something at all besides push the magic button then they would be the ones (in fact, they still do, which is why they fight so hard to keep cloaks as they are) complaining that they face unbearable odds while trying to do their thing.

2 Likes

LOL @ players fearing to undock expensive ships in an openly PvP game. Go play Hello Kitty Online or a single player space game like Elite: Dangerous…

That’s why you hunt deep in enemy space in blingy loot piñata’s, right?

It may be a PvP game, but that don’t mean your targets should be stupid. We have rats for that.

1 Like

Do you even know this game ? Do you know the work that is required for you to be able to sit in a ship and do PvP ? This is a game of many paths, but the backbone of EVERYTHING in this game is industrial work, which by its very nature is PvE.

1 Like

EVE is a PvP game, simple as that. It’s been stated by CCP many, many times. There is open PvP everywhere in the entire universe 24/7, even in “safe” high sec. Every PvE activity is susceptible to PvP at any time whether it’s mining, missions, or exploration. The only time you are 100% safe in EVE is if you are a station trader that never undocks.

Long story short, AFK cloaky camping helps keep mining bots and ratting bots in check…

1 Like

I can agree with that. Don’t like botters. But it still also affects non-botters. But the point is not really who it affects - my original point was, that it’s an AFK activity, like botting, that shouldn’t be possible in this game - or at least not be easy.

1 Like