Main AFK cloaky thread

Dude - stop already the thread is focused, 100%, on the sov mechanic that is being defeated by AFK cloakers. nothing more nothing less. If people replying to this thread want to read between lines and start to add their own spin to it then I can’t help them here.

If you want to make a suggestion on gameplay, there is a special forum for that https://forums.eveonline.com/c/technology-research/player-features-ideas. But looking at your original post, you are only complaining about AFK cloakers. Frankly, I have a lot more respect for the AFK cloakers, as they are not creating threads about AFK dockers and how it is ruining their gameplay.

Also, AFK cloakers do not have any impact on Sov. They do not entosis stuff or even reinforce any structures.

3 Likes

Sov isn’t being ‘defeated’ by afk cloakers. No one is being defeated by afk cloakers. How are they going to defeat you if they’re not even at their keyboard?

5 Likes

My answer was not ignorant. I am well aware of the mechanics behind being AFK. Do you even know what ignorant means? Wait. Don’t answer that. I already know the answer by the way you defend the OP.

You say what needs to be done in your post for the op to fix his own problem and leave ccp to fix things that actually need fixed.

The only ignorance on display is of the OP thinking someone who isn’t even at there keyboard can kill you. Don’t be a sloppy poster Iidarla. I’m not afk. Well I am going to be now because I’m off to work.

Because most of them do it. Don’t look for the CSM to ask for changes to improve overall gameplay, they’re only in it for theirs.

1 Like

WAAAAAAH, some guy camped in local and I’m not sure if he is at the keyboard so I can’t undock as I may lose a ship!!! WAAAAAH plz CCP halp!! This game is too hard and I can’t figure out how to work around a single other player who may not even be at his keyboard!!!

Also: WAAAAAAHH!! My bot is autodocking!!

7 Likes

Which sov-mechanic is being defeated by AFK-cloakers?

1 Like

Let’s just eliminate the overview. Lets just eliminate ship mods such as armor/shield. Lets just make it easier for ‘leet pvpers’ to avoid eachother and pick on those who prefer pve. Let’s just remove all alliances and corporations. Let’s just remove the log in screen… you can log out but your ship can never leave. Let’s just remove stations. Let’s just remove jump-gates and have a 10 Million x 10 Million km arena. Let’s just remove systems. Let’s just remove ships. Let’s just remove skills. Let’s just remove everything just because… Let’s just remove it.

2 Likes

I said before, null is so ridiculous it needs cloaked alt in every null system.

1 Like

Unless you can make said alts a real threat a competent group will laugh at you and carry on unaffected.

AFK cloaking isn’t the problem, irrational human responses like fear are the problem,

3 Likes

AFK cloaking is the solution lol.

afk cloaking pfff nothing to see here wow’s that way :point_right:t3:

You can’t treat them as not being at the keyboard. You have to treat them as an active player, and with the potential to drop anything on you.

Schrodinger’s cloaker.

May or may not be afk, an inderminate state of being until something happens to finalise it, that something often taking the form of a hot drop.

7 Likes

Well, the OP said he wasn’t looking for a safe space, but in need of engagement. Sounds like the system is working as intended.

He could always have his friends sit docked or tethered on station; that way the cloaker will have to treat them as active players ready to drop on any engagement.

Yes but now look how many people you are affecting without even needing to be at the keyboard. It shouldn’t take multiple people hours of bating to figure out whether you are afk cloaked or not.

This thread comes up on almost a weekly basis. In fact, I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a nerf cloaking thread in the first 2 pages on this forum section. Almost every single one of them goes like this:

1. OP posts a post with a new (lol) idea that always boils down to some variation of the following:
  • “There’s a big meanie who is sitting in my system and not doing anything, but I don’t know where he is and I can’t ever just go next door. I can’t find said meanie and even though I know that he’s probably at work and poses no threat at all, I wont do anything in my system that I absolutely can’t leave ever because he might not be at work and I might lose a ship. CCP please stop the meanie from being able to do nothing to me because he’s probably at work”
  1. Thread gets trolled because its been done literally to death. This horse has been beaten so hard and so often that it’s little more than a memory of a memory of a red smear on the grass, and yet it STILL WONT DIE! In fact it’s been done so many times that this particular horse is now undead; even if it does die, it will still be remembered and parodied.

2. Someone comes along and suggests that AFK cloakers can’t hurt you, because they are, by their very definition, AFK. No one ever lost a ship to someone who ISN’T PLAYING THE GAME.

3. Someone else comes along and points out that while the cloaker might be AFK, he might not be, and so we have Schrodinger’s Hot Dropper. The cyno pilot who might be AFK… but he might not be as well, and you will only know for sure when he decloaks, points and lights his candle. (Yes, I know this isn’t how the cat works)

4. Someone else comes along and suggests that you use bait and setup a TARP. Or have a defence fleet on standby. Heaven forbid you have to actually fight to defend your space.

5. A further person comes along and suggests that the problem isn’t cloaking AFK in your system that you can’t possibly leave ever, but that you KNOW that the person is AFK in your system… and perhaps local should be removed because free 100% accurate intel is probably not the best thing in the game and if you didn’t know that the big meanie was in your system, you wouldn’t be worried about leaving the undock/POS.

6. Then another person pokes their head in and complains that local is 100% NEEDED because D-Scan and probing are such bad mechanics, and IF YOU TAKE MY LOCAL AWAY IM QUITTING FOREVER AND NO YOU CAN’T HAVE MY STUFF!

7. Someone asks if they can have 7’s stuff.

We end up with another thread which goes on for pages and pages between complains about local, defence fleets, inability to just go next door, people who aren’t playing the game but are playing the meta, lots of bickering and in the end nothing gets solved. CCP wont remove cloaking because it would mess with waaay too many things and it creates content (which is a good thing) by removing content (which is a bad thing) but they can’t really think of any way to do it without a complete overhaul of the local and scanning systems.

Now that I’ve had this entire thread’s conversation, can we just let it die? Please?

credit to Paikis, Source

10 Likes

But that didnt happen so…

Wait, what? Is someone giving away all his stuff? Can I have it? Or at least 30m so I can send a nice mining permit in return (the additional 20m is in case of a red pen infraction).

It is a pity that gambling was declared illegal by CCP or we could have bets on how long this thread will last until ISD steps in.