Main AFK cloaky thread

You’re hilarious. get a life. :slight_smile:

1 Like

you are stupid. get a brain. :slight_smile:
And remove the vomit you put everywhere.

1 Like

you tried really hard with that post. do you feel better now? :slight_smile:

would you prefer the evil man goes away? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Then why are you not smart enough to stop responding, and instead talk about the main topic?

You are nothing

Well, clearly that’s incorrect. As you apparently can’t stop reacting like a machine, i offer you the last word. i promise i will not respond. you seem to need that. have a nice day and good luck moving forward in your funny life. :slight_smile:

In the end you were not able to bring anything interesting to the topic of AFK cloaky campers but kept trolling people.

You are the trash of Eve, the reason so many people stop the game early. You prevent discussion for the sake of your egocentric person.
That’s the reason why I answer you : because you are the little kid destroying the game.

1 Like

Goddamn @yellow_parasol I’m impressed…being called the trash of Eve and destroying the game. You have done, single handed what all of the Goons have been supposedly trying to do for years.*

*Not reallly though, Goons are here to ruin your game, not the game.

3 Likes

what i don’t understand, is that i got a reminder to be chill… but maybe that’s the thing. i get them to explode easily, and i shouldn’t be doing that.

And i knew he couldn’t stop. he really needed that last word. anyhow, i’m reporting him now. vOv

Serious question… what did he do that’s reportable? The “trash of eve” comment?

That kind of reminds me of the time I answered someone in local in a trade hub who asked what RMT was. I said " It’s selling isk for real money." I got reported and banned for a week because someone reported that comment as me actually… selling isk for real money. I assume they asked the question with the sole purpose of having someone answer like I did to get them banned.

I got it worked out with support, but the whole “let’s try to trap someone into saying something that will get them banned and report them” thing is probably the part of Eve that I think is the least cool.

1 Like

i have no idea what you’re on about, but i think it has more to do with you, than with me. anyhow, i’m opting out of this. no point in talking about it anyway.

chill and lurk. have a good one! :blush:

How would you know whether or not there’s an AFK cloaker in a wormhole in the first place?

Inquiring minds want to know.

3 Likes

Local!

Oh…wait, never mind. :rofl:

1 Like

It reminds me of a thought experiment, and its humorous alternative.

If a tree falls in the forest, and there is no one to hear it, does it still make a sound?

If a man says something in the forest, and there is no woman to hear it, is he still wrong?

2 Likes

You’re correct, it’s a graph of active users, average dailies would be the average of each of those little cycles… I assumed you could grasp that epic intellectual leap, my bad.

here is a graph of users since 2013, notice the steady downward trend. “World War Bee” is the only thing that kept this year from being a further slip down the hill. Note, we barely beat lasts years Aug slump (the lowest point for the game in like 10 years) and are already under-performing the back to school pickup.

Doing something like removing local from null (making it less safe, more work, and taking away the “free intel” which is the only string holding most groups together in null) would devastate the user base. Not because people would rage quit, though I’m sure they would, or because it would break up a lot of blue donuts, I think it would and I think that would be good, but because average players would have to spend more effort to play the game so would go do something else instead.

Frankly, the fact that CCP is desperate to find new revenue streams for EVE is very telling of the state of the project. It hasn’t failed, but it’s not in great shape. It doesn’t mater that the subs still cover the costs, if the roi for dev time is higher working on, for example, VR then they will slowly close up shop. Valkyrie is getting a lot of attention atm…

I want to say I heard that revenue/money wise last year was the best year to date…of course that is just something I saw somewhere on the old forums.

And, while some say “remove local” that is not the only position on this sub-forum. I myself prefer removing local, allowing players to re-establish some degree of the intel local provided via the Observatory Array and also even making cloaks scannable via probes. So you can secure “your space” but you’ll have to put something at risk, if you don’t defend it you are blinded, and create some interesting new ways to do things in NS.

No, it isn’t and no, an average of those figures would not be the daily averages.

You still don’t understand what it is you are looking at.

Maybe you should actually try to comprehend the data before spouting off incorrectly.

1 Like

So, basically you want to nerf cloaks, to make them useless, oh and destroy the WH Space game in the process.

When did I say I did ?

You mentioned cloakers in wormholes during your little spat with Yellow Parasol.

This thread is starting to go wildly off topic, and is starting to get close to being locked.

Cut it out with the personal attacks and trolling, otherwise this topic is closed, and any future threads on it will be treat the same.

Simple response:

There are no plans to address AFK cloaking at this time.

The fact of the matter is that if there is someone you feel is AFK cloaking in the system that you live in, you have a choice to undock and go about your business or not.

If you decide not to, that’s your decision and you’ve chosen to mitigate the risk of being attacked in space by not being in space.

You’re never 100% safe in EVE Online whether you’re in space or in station. You’re always subject to potential player interaction in one way or another. This is the reality and the nature of a single shard sandbox mmo that’s driven by player interaction and PvP.

I’ve sent PMs to a few people in this thread with a friendly reminder to keep things cordial. The next stage is to start issuing warnings and suspensions from posting.

Please keep this thread civil and above board. Remember the forum rules.

10 Likes

I told parasol that there are more difference between null and wh than only the presence of local chat.

How does it say anything about my ability to find cloaky campers in wh ?