Main AFK cloaky thread

You just jump one more gate and rat next door to where they are.

Bubble the gate to catch them if they aren’t AFK and send their clone back home.

If they are AFK, then rat in the freedom and safety that so many are really looking for when they whine about cloaky camping.

It’s as simple as taking a gate and bubbling up.

2 Likes

In short: You don’t know what logic is. Not that that’s news.

Why is it that Goons seem to know how to deal with this problem?

You’re still not addressing the point, which is that even with every member of goons in one system they still would not be able to force an AFK player to loose their ship. Not a single other situation in the game where you can be AFK an invulnerable. A docked player my take a few days, but you absolutely can stomp on their sand castle. Somebody with a macro that logs on and presses F1 immediately after dt on the other hand is completely invulnerable for an infinite amount of time.

I think after a period of time cloaky campers should be more noticeable but not completely visible or 100% easy to find. Something along the lines of two phases:

Phase 1 - After 1 hour of not warping the cloaked ship will still not show on overview nor be physically visible except for the cloaked outline the cloaked pilot sees to find their ship when flying. So you would see a slight distortion but you would need to be on grid and look carefully. This prevents camping on gates, sites, and stations for extended periods of time. If the pilot is truly not AFK they simply need to warp away and back once an hour.

Phase 2 - After 6 hours of not warping the cloaked ship will show up on combat probes; however, the position will not be exact, the pilot scanning the target down would warp to the location which can be within 1,000 km from the cloaked ship which gives a potential 2k diameter bubble to search in, the ship would also be partially visible like it normally shows in phase 1. Again, warping away and back would prevent this.

Keep in mind 1 hour and 6 hours are just place holder time frames those times could be adjusted, but the general idea is the longer you are AFK and cloaked the more at risk you become of being exposed. However, the most you can hope for is an approximate grid where the ship is, you still would need to look carefully to find it on grid.

Nope, working as intended. The cloak renders the user totally safe…and totally impotent while the cloak is active. Thus balance. Maybe not optimal, but still…balance.

You can AFK and totally safe in a station (note, station…not citadel).

Only until the next down time, and you are completely invulnerable to them too.

Can we get this effect for local? after an hour there is a non-zero probability it won’t report people coming into system? After 6 hours it stops report completely.

But don’t worry your buddies who are in system and can still see people, either they just logged in or they are lucky and see the intruder can warn you.

What do you say? Are you willing to give up, at least partially the one thing that helps you be so safe?

Right. The I Win Button.

You just Abandon the Space to them unchallenged. Problem solved. Good for you.

/me sips coffee.

We should pay people to afk cloak everywhere. The tears would flood the grand canyon.

1 Like

Are they not already flowing? This thread (and its predecessors) is a salt mine!

1 Like

Imagine a world (game), with a group of antagonists having a leader, and following, who don’t care about childish ego crap. who rather want to see the world burn, because they can. Imagine a world, where every time a new face posts a complaint, ten people jump and start flogging to the system he’s in.

Imagine a world, where natural selection actually has a meaning again.
Help those who are in need, or ask … punish those who whine and complain.

This thread really should only be foreplay.

1 Like

No Mike not an I win button…except when your opponent is terrible and doesn’t belong in NS anyways and would have been sent back to HS sooner or later.

1 Like

Abandon? No need for that.

Figuring out how you can win and then implementing that strategy is not abandonning. It’s demonstrating how impotent cloaks camping really is.

Like many things, all it takes is someone willing to take responsibility for their situation and engage their brain, rather than the far too common approach of blaming circumstance, or someone else, or CCP.

No need to abandon anything. Only need to be proactive and not a pussy. It’s EVE after all.

1 Like

Your only realistic option is to do as you suggest: Leave the system. You can watch to see if they follow or not, but that’s mostly just another waste of time. Unless you move over one system with an insta-lock to pin them down, they are just going to cloak again… so either they are stupid and choosing to take fairly obvious bait while you use multiple people to catch one dude, or you waste everyones time since you can’t force anything on him.

Thus your suggestion is really just to abandon the space. Leave it, and hope you aren’t in an area where lots of systems for many jumps are similarly camped, because despite Tecko’s incorrectly applied theory concerning opportunity cost the alts used for this are practically free and no hardship to place or maintain.

Wrong. You can continue to play, unaffected and just be prepared for PVP. That is also a possibility and realistic.

You don’t need an instalock either. Just an interceptor. It’s easy to decloak ships if you are fast.

Just more excuses for why you can’t do anything about your own situation, rather than just thinking through the problem and actually dealing with it.

I get it. You are going to cry about this stuff forever because it prevents risk free ratting. But just a little bit of personal responsibility goes a long way to solve the issue and that’s very EVE.

2 Likes

So fly stupid, ignoring the threat (allowing an enemy on grid with a PvE ship is suicide, they win by default). Fly compromised (they win by default) allowing their presence to cost you some part of the reward for your chosen activity, or abandon the space (oh look, they win by default again).

At no point do we get an option to take the fight to our aggressors, because balance? Only according to Dev fiat.

You can fly as stupid as you want. Or just be smart and figure out how easy it is to really deal with cloaky campers.

Crying is far easier than thinking. I totally get it. Much easier to blame the game, blame campers, blame CCP. Anything else but accepting personal responsibility to do something about it that is simple and effective.

3 Likes

Rubbish. If you want the fight, then just wait. Nothing else to be done.

And that is the lie if this argument. You don’t want the fight. You want to remove all possibility of a fight. It’s classic carebear reverse thinking.

If you want a fight, you shouldn’t in the slightest care about a neutral in local.

2 Likes

I see you have no real rebuttal here.

Personally I don’t fly stupid, but it doesn’t change the fact that a trivial module negates all attempts at system defense in such a way that use of the space is impaired without recourse unless the aggressing pilot allows it.

That’s not a fact. That’s a complete falsehood.

Jump one gate, bubble up. If the guy is AFK, no worries. If he isn’t, kill him.

If he is currently AFK, then at some point he won’t be, so kill him.

It’s so easy.

No, you miss the point of the argument.

No one wants to fight these jokers, they just want to defend their space from them. Except it’s not allowed because they had an extra 100 PG and a spare utility high.