Main AFK cloaky thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3LKmjft5TE

Most people find Eve PvP boring, PvP in Eve is why the game is dying, they need to stop focusing on PvP and develop out Empire Building and Industry.

you can talk all you want on the forums, kiddo, how about you try that ā– ā– ā– ā–  on reddit instead and figure out what ā€œmost peopleā€ are thinking of you.

Working as intended.

If you need to understand why these changes were necessary, just check the Monthly Economic Reports for the past few years and see how much Delve is outputting in terms of raw ISK and industrial production. CCP meant for nullsec to be potentially more productive than hisec, but not that much more productive.

High sec has gotten a lot better and is extremely profitable in terms of Markets, Delve is still going to be way on top, this hurts everyone but Delve.

My reddit post are epic

This time check the web before you randomly select a game that you donā€™t have the balls to play.

3 Likes

you spelt ā– ā– ā– ā–  wrong. :slight_smile:

1 Like

merged duplicate thread into this one

1 Like

Weā€™re working on 5k posts, every little bit helps :rofl:

1 Like

people still mining about afk cloakers not being afk?

Can I have your stuff, please.

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Yes you can, putting it all up on public contract in and around YF-P4X

Sweeet! Just be sure to put a note on it saying ā€œDo NOT Touch!!, Cypr3ss is coming!ā€ otherwise anyone might try & pick it upā€¦ u know how the public is :grimacing:

Thanks again.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

I mean you still got to pay

Can you cite where this is stated by CCP?

Of note, I would greatly enjoy being able to personally tag characters on this forum for my own ease of reference. Not ignore or block, just tag for personal logs.

Changing the respawn rates for ore sites to force people to spread out or downsize their operations? Something similar to belt respawn rates wouldnā€™t be awful

Really helps that thereā€™s some regular members of the cloaking status quo shitposter force spamming it up

Foolishness, unacceptable because it imposes a risk? I thought this was eve.
Either way without understanding the reasoning for why itā€™s deemed unacceptable by you as a player, it can never get resolved. So if you could share those reasons, that would assist in getting to a solution

Because any ā€œfixā€ for AFK-cloaking will break things that are currently working well. The price for making nullsec even safer is too much.

No, unacceptable things like ā€œmakes PvE farming safer when PvE farming is already too safeā€ or ā€œRNG death instead of legitimate PvPā€ or similar. I donā€™t know why you have such a hard time understanding that the problem is not the risk, itā€™s that your idea for adding risk is terrible.

Either way without understanding the reasoning for why itā€™s deemed unacceptable by you as a player, it can never get resolved. So if you could share those reasons, that would assist in getting to a solution

If you could stop pretending to be illiterate it would also assist. I know youā€™re capable of reading my answers to this question, so please act like it.

1 Like

To make this nice and simple for you: having a 1% chance per hour of your ship randomly exploding makes undocking risky, but that doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a good idea. Nor is ā€œWHY DONā€™T YOU WANT TO HAVE RISKā€ a compelling defense of it.

1 Like

The WHOLE POINT of a cloak is to make being detected impossible.

Sure, i cite the game cloak mechanics that have been in place since (i presume) the start of the game.

Also, (and i havenā€™t gone through all the ships) but taken from the in game description of the Heliosā€¦

ā€œDesigned for commando and espionage operation, its main strength is the ability to travel unseen through enemy territory and to avoid unfavorable encounters.ā€

TO be honest Pawiie, this listing was made in response to Hillbert_Alexis who was moaning that there is absolutely nothing he could do to a cloaker in ā€˜hisā€™ system, so therefore all cloaks should be nerfed. Not for an entire region being camped. However if you are claiming a whole region, then really you should have the fleets to protect it??? :grinning:

While I fully support keeping cloaked vessels hidden and un-scannable, I am not keen on AFK-Cloaking as a gameplay tactic. I would much rather see a way to keep cloakers cloaked but remove the need for having to AFK Cloak. Which is why i suggested on a number of occasions:

Cloak removes players from local (and denies them Local)
If they break cloak for any amount of time they stay in local for a minimum 30 sec then drop out again when they reactivate cloakā€¦

This makes cloaks really cloakie, still gives other players Localā€¦ Makes it pointless to AFK cloak, and makes it so people have to work to both actively hunt while cloaked and pay attention while ratting.

Much like a submarine, the cloaker has to make themselves visible/detectable to gain intel on the local system. He can warp from belt to belt, but if he wants to probe, or check on the local channel to see how many people are in system, then he must break cloak. This gives the residents the time to spot him, if they are paying attention.

Here we make:
AFK-Cloaking pointless
Active Cloakers can catch botters
Even system defenders can use cloaks to hide their defense ships.

Anyway, the idea will be shot down by the null-bears, and Botters. They want all cloaks nerfed on the pretext that AFK is bad mkay!