Main AFK cloaky thread

If you want more than the same replies then try coming up with a new idea instead of repeating “CLOAKS SHOULD DO A HEAT” for the hundredth time. When all you can do is repost the same terrible ideas that have been posted for years you can’t expect more than the same statements of why they’re terrible.

Draw the parallels, who’s talking about and trying to work through the issue at hand, and who’s trying to distract from that process?

You are making the mistake of assuming that there is an issue that anyone should care about. And “my RMT bot isn’t profitable enough” is not an issue that CCP needs to be concerned with. Nor is “my alliance is renter trash and a single PvP player shuts everything down”. The only thing needed to resolve all issues with AFK cloaking is for PvE farmers to stop whining.

So the already extremely tight fit and small cargo covert-ops ships now need to sacrifice another module slot and storage space (for heatsink charges).

Jebus, you guys just really really hate covert ops vessels and covert playstyles.

Once again, the same ideas come out that drastically nerf ALL covert playstyles, while pretending its all because ‘AFK is Bad, Mkay!’

1 Like

They don’t want to discuss those other playstyles because it makes the ideas for change look incredibly stupid.

But never fear, CCP understands this, that is why we have this thread.

Does anyone REALLY think CCP is going to read this thread? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

3 Likes

Hey, someone has to briefly read it each time they dump another carebear whine thread into it.

Being a rig could be an interesting option, effective heat reduction could be very valuable to mission runners and pvp pilots to heat longer and harder, but I don’t think they would go for it. Putting the mod in the open high slot of many ships seems easier, but I can’t completely discount the rig idea.

I was thinking heavy water might fit the job.
However, if it’s too much to ask an active player to do one minor thing, infrequently, while they are out and about to benefit from an invulnerability mod, maybe some of you need to harden up. I know CCP has been bending the knee to the loud pvp player, but everyone else keeps getting ■■■■ on… and now it’s difficult to find content because said players aren’t around.

Pot calling kettle, come in kettle.
The parrot is loose, I repeat, the parrot is loose.
Return to homestead for further instructions.
This message will now repeat

I’ll stop repeating my accusations when the anti-cloaking side stops being a bunch of RMT botters and renter trash PvE farmers.

1 Like

Reason why I was thinking a passive rig slot is so there isn’t added click input, and also along the lines of what Jint was saying in regards to it being bad for covert ops playstyle, especially a covops frigate where after fitting cloak and probes not much left for other modules, or none if it’s the Helios. Same as the cargo for the fuel, as heavy water of the top of my head is about .5 I think, which could eat up cargo space pretty quick depending on requirements. Still would like to see a trade off with local or the ability to counter it if cloaks are messed with though.

The click input is the entire point. It needs to be something that can’t be done while AFK so that AFK players will be forced to log out instead of staying cloaked. If you can manage the heat while AFK then it’s still possible to obscure your status in local and the RMTers and renter trash still have to wonder if a name in local represents an active threat.

No idea if this has been suggested but I’m willing to wager isk it has so time to bring it back from the dead via necromancy

Cloaking Disruption system:
only non-friendly ships are affected, so if you or your alliance/corp is mentioned in the good boi list then you won’t be affected

each cycle has a percentage chance to be disrupted meaning when that cycle is about to end the button start to flash for 3-5 seconds, if you don’t press it by the time the cycle ends the cloak is turned off and will remain that way for 3mins also your ships performance takes a hit for the same duration.
You can also set it up to send a message to a pre-selected chat window if someone is disrupted (you can make this a benefit for aT2 variant if you want)

now if you manage to press the flashing button preventing your ship from getting disrupted then for the next 5-8 cycles you chance of being disrupted is 0%, after those 5 cycles are up the disruption chances are back to normal

Requirments:

1. skills duh
  2. one per system
  3. can only be placed by whoever actually owns the system

Any thoughts then? Was thinking of how much input is done in wh’s currently but if it is excluded from them then sweet.

Thoughts: We have hard evidence that the only thing required to stop AFK cloaking is a change to how local chat works.

No new modules or module changes (along with associated re-balance) are required.

1 Like

That’s great. One of a dozen worakable systems to allow people to go after long-term cloaked ships in their system. But do you have a compensatory change to suggest as a counter this buffing of the proximity detector that is local chat this would be?

Because, on the surface, this just seems to be a massive buff to safety for those in nullsec.

2 Likes

Whenever someone declares that he wants to hunt afk cloakers and that they shouldn’t be 100% safe, the same someone needs to be reminded that the end result of the ability to hunt afk cloakers is perfect safety, which completely nullifies his argument.

Anyone in here complaining about the perfect safety of an afk cloaker deliberately ignores the resulting perfect safety for the RMTing farmers.

1 Like

Of course. Local is a very powerful defensive tool. So powerful in fact, AFK cloaking is the only reasonable counter, or at least serves as a brake on 100% safe nullsec farming. When your proposal has the primary effect of making that tool even more powerful and your resource collection essentially perfectly safe, you probably should think again and come up with an alternate, or more complete set of changes to address this problem you think there is.

So yes, it is pure hypocrisy: “AFK cloaking is bad! No one should be 100% safe in Eve, but me in my private krabbing pocket with perfect intel!”

1 Like

if your asking for not being seen in local then I have no idea how to make a system/mod for that function that won’t require an active counter to be used to hunt them down… and given the vast amount of hiding places in spaces the only way to make said counters practical is to make the local name hiding mod basically impractical in the first place

honestly getting rid of local feels pointless because it doesn’t offer the same risk/reward of WH space… so the risk of WH space without the rewards

if their active while cloaked then they represent an actual threat but an afk camper’s threat designation decreases rapidly for each time period nothing happens as people farm at their own leisure at which point said camper is easily dismissed as nothing.

I suggested the disruptor because many people will continue to farm as they’ll eventually figure out that the camper is no real threat and they could easily make enough isk to cover the loss of their ships if said camper comes online and finds a vulnerable victim

This is the 5’th post.

Now… I’m not saying that local should be removed, but over 5000 posts later and people still want nerfs to cloaking without dealing with local. How can you solve a problem, when part of the community doesn’t even see the safety of null as an issue. Yes, those MER numbers looks juuuuuust fine.

As many many MANY people have said before. In order to fix afk cloaking, you need to deal with the problem of instant and perfect intel that the local provides. This is the root of the problem.

Maybe come up with some suggestions that address the problem in whole, instead of this “Cloak should have a timer, so I can krab in peace and dock up whenever someone enters local”.

They don’t care about that. You wording it this way tells me that you believe they do,
despite thousands of posts of evidence that they don’t.

Why are people doing this?

I’m just a naive and sweet summer child.

I doubt that. Though maybe you are a summer child.
I’m a summer child! Born during the summer solstice!

Let’s talk about the weather.

It’s super hot around here!

I’m totally a naive and sweet summer child.

The below is a small clip from my latest stream.

cute

As you can see… I’m totally cute and innocent. * Meow *

Oh yeah… Weather. It’s raining at my place.