Main AFK cloaky thread

Is the afk cloacky blocking your bot from undocking?

2 Likes

Yes, what a shame.

Goodbye then ?

If they are not at the computer why is their character clocked into space? Every other activity in this game has a cool down or some time associated to it.

Obviously the AFK cloaky issue isnā€™t about the time they are not thereā€¦but we probably knew this before we posted anyway.

If you have a timer on cloaks, creating an autohotkey/bot to re-cloak would be trivially easy and wouldnā€™t be at all easy to detect vs human input.

thats why cloakies need stront or widgetX to power their guise.

I AFK mine all day while at work, have my alarm set to when i need to do stuff. If there was a timer I would not be able to do this.

Apart from this statement being utter BS,
this timer would logout so many people, miners who let their drones do the work, people stalking targets, people sitting in a slow gate camp, anyone in a stationā€¦

2 Likes

And here we have the honest admission of the goal of an AFK flag: getting more intel for RMT botters and renter trash so they can know when it is safe to farm.

4 - Black ops drops are wham bang dead most of the time and this is boring as hell to be on the end of it.

Then stop being terrible at EVE. Nothing in the game requires you to be a helpless victim and wait passively to die, there are plenty of counter-strategies that can annihilate a black ops drop and collect a bunch of nice killmails. There is no need to change the mechanics just because lazy and entitled PvE farmers refuse to accept any response to a PvP threat other than ā€œnerf it so I can go back to farmingā€.

1 Like

there is a timer. Its 60 minutes.

Having to move between systems while ratting because of one unquantifiable player makes the game suck?

If they are AFK why do you need to get them? I simply do not see the logic in this statement.

I didnā€™t say that you had. I said that this is your goal, as you openly admit. Iā€™ll leave it up to others to decide whether they believe your lobbying is out of personal interest or merely a bizarre desire to help the RMTers and renter trash.

I never said that I was a helpless victim and that I wait passively to die? Projecting muchā€¦

Sure you did. You said it when you claimed that a black ops drop is ā€œwham bang dead most of the timeā€, an outcome that only happens when the target of the drop is a helpless victim and bad at EVE.

Yes been there done that, but if they are AFK how do you get them?

You donā€™t. You maintain a strong defense at all times and deter them from ever attacking, or you bait a trap for them and kill them when they come back from being AFK.

Injectors took away a key intelligence tool

The intelligence tool never should have existed in the first place, therefore there is zero need to replace it.

Those other games suck, you just found one of the reasons.

1 Like

You said it sucks then explained why it sucked. Perhaps not what you intended, but it is what you wrote.

@ISD_Buldath @ISD_Hazard @ISD_Silbad @ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode

You guys know what to do with this. Merge with Main AFK Cloaking Thread

Please donā€™t make us repeat 5400 comments just because we got a new whinner.

1 Like

The issue isnā€™t afk campers, itā€™s local.

An afk camper does nothing. Itā€™s when they come back from being afk that theyā€™re dangerous. And theyā€™re only dangerous because you donā€™t see any difference between them sitting in local afk, or sitting in local while they arenā€™t afk, until itā€™s too late and they catch you.

If there was no local, the afk campers wouldnā€™t need to stay logged in in order to be able to catch you without signaling their activity in local. Without local, they could just log in any time they want without warning you that they logged in.

If you remove local, you remove any incentive for people to afk camp.

Remove local.

It reduced it to the people who are strong enough to deserve to survive in EVE and removed a lot of the RMT botters and renter trash. This was a good thing even if the RMT botters and renter trash whined and cried about it until CCP gave in to their demands.

Because they donā€™t.

It would have been great but the devs did it in the middle of summer and didnā€™t wait for new players to fill in where nullbears left.

The devs, as usual, fked that up too.

Making nullbears pee themselves in fear is not ā€œdestroyingā€ industry? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

:flushed: ā€¦ it kinda is.