Main AFK cloaky thread

There should be a way to catch this guys, not saying an easy one but at least a way. Big alliances can place this guys everywhere just ruining economy of small alliances, and they dont really have to do much, at least if it were possible to catch them they would have to be playing leading to pvp interaction (sorry for my eng lol)

edit: a titan module to detect them that takes a long time? a super-cap module? dont know, just saying…

edit2: lets not forget that the cloacky accounts are used by big corps to gather info on systems constantly (clearly using bots or whatever to check what on the system).

:roll_eyes:

For God’s sake…we got the appeal for one side treatment. The whine about the big alliances beating up the little ones (never mind that it has more to do with big alliances having more numbers and often more resources) , and of course the claim that big alliances are using bots…

and the reward they can earn (0 ISK ever) while cloaked matches the risk.

Little risk = no reward.

Balanced.

1 Like

The game is based on logical territory divisions (systems) and if u have intel on all of these divisions u control the territory and noone can stop u (would be a very different thing if it were an entire world map).

The problem with these is that the game continues to tend to be a game were no matter how good or bad you are, you just need more resources to be better than the other

On the other hand remember that people cant play because of having campers on the systems. And no… the game is not PVP only, people really enjoy other activities like PVE and construction. Having a cloaky camper means that u cant do anything on the system and no matter what u do, u cant change it. So… basically u have to change your alliance to a bigger one (which has more systems and because of that cant be cloacky camp that easy) or log off if u want to do pve or mine.
There is no risk free space on eve and that is clear to everyone but the fact that u cant stop a cloacky camper and that he/she is probably just waiting (an automatic bot call with intel of the system) means that u cant use that system… and again … that wont be problem if it were 3 or 4 cloaky campers but guys … considerer cases like xXxAUNTJEMIMA (cloacky campers of TRI) were there are at least 15 active accounts all the time (25 xXxAUNTJEMIMA in total who knows if are all TRI)

It clearly doesn’t stop everyone. Some people rat just fine with campers in system.

It’s the difference between a good group and a group that probably shouldn’t be in null.

Acquiring and managing more resources is a skill. This isn’t just a tactical game. Its strategic as well.

And yes, the game is pvp for everyone all the time.

1 Like

The Defender has a very significant advantage here…why do you want to strengthen the defender and weaken the attacker?

Tell that to the Goons. Goons live in Delve. They have cloaky campers and cloaky hunters galore. Yet look at what organization and playing the game smart can do for your alliance/corp.

I don’t think size has much to do with it. Getting in the standing fleet, getting on comms, fitting a cyno, paying attention to the intel channels, and even working in a group and you can still do stuff.

If you’re alliance is not doing this, then yeah change alliances…change to a better alliance.

1 Like

Its just game time. What is true, and truly amazing have to say, is the management and politycs of alliences, thats the awsome part of it, but having more resources is just a manner of game time. Everything sums up in that Having more humans means more money and power (i dont think it can be changed).

Nope, why? Everyone plays a different game and I hope that continues because that means that the game has enough diversity to continue and mantain a community with different points of view.

im not sure of this, a team can deploy a fleet right on your nose with cyno or one jump away really easily.

The amazing part of goons is being the biggest alliance of eve (and mantaining it). Ofcourse they have amazingly experienced players but is more like a school than a strategic defense genius alliance. The fact that they dont get the same presure from cloaky campers is that they are the biggest alliance. Having numbers is what causes goons to continue playing and ratting with cloaky on their systems.

Undefeatable cloack campers affects gameplay experience and small alliances & corps.

Managing players is a skill. And those players are the source of your resources. Players themselves are a resource. Dont have many members? get on a recruitment drive, be entertaining and charismatic. It’s a skill.

No we are all playing the same game. It’s a full-time pvp sandbox whether you like it or not. Just because you are not playing like me does not make you immune to my interactions.

Cannot overstate this too much, you have no right, zero entitlement, to do whatever you want in this game. Everything comes as part of a contest and other players are free to try and stop you. This is one of the core principles of eve.

1 Like

More like having a response fleet. Take a cloaky and go look at one of the keepstars. Size does not hurt, but when you have a response fleet up and ready to go…

What about liquidozone per cicle or something like that?

You have to consider how this affects the active players who use cloaks. Anything taking up cargo space for an explorer is killing the time you can roam, same goes for blops/recon players. Cloaks are not the issue, they are perfectly fine in WH’s.

1 Like

The entire Game is cloack camped, and worst, they are clearly using bots to gatter info of the systems

If you see a bot report it.

If a cloaky camper stops you from ratting you should probably be in hi-sec.

2 Likes

Your fear is not justification to change core game mechanics. In fact, I say cloaky camping is good for the game, because it causes you to turn down the isk faucet that is nullsec.

2 Likes

I love how all the anti-cloaking crowd is so eager to nerf active cloakers who are not the problem…

1 Like

I know right? It’s almost as if being hit from behind with no way to look over your shoulder wasn’t fun or something…

Answer is still and always has been cloak timers, cloak fatigue, cloak fuel, depth charges, sonar module, and proximity cloak seeking mine fields. Or a mix.

Can cloak for longer than 20-30 minutes or you get some measure of cloak fatigue.
Make a small item that can be used for cloak fuel and maybe a small fuel bay on ships to carry some extra out of your cargo, or make it use cap so cap will eventually run out and decloak if you afk.

Make aoe large scale bombs that can be fit on most ships (opens up a t2 mine layer/mine sweeping ship) and if you catch someone cloaking you wanna try and get a depth charge on them before you lose track of them. An active sonar module that beeps if you’re getting hotter or colder. Or a system upgrade for radar in sov maybe.

And then mines that can be deployed, can’t be in bubbles, and can’t be within 150km of a gate but if you get within say 10km they slowly drift towards you. Giving a clue someone’s passing by and if your afk and get one deployed near you eventually it will find you.

All fine counters to a completely passive issue that has no downsides.

Yes, nerfing people who use cloaks and ATK is always a great idea when trying to deal with AFK cloakers.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Maybe if you actually watched local… :roll_eyes:

Cripes, CCP provides you with flawless intel and you apparently are not even using it. Sheesh.

2 Likes

Mike also just described exactly how WH life is, and yet we find it fun? Of course we do, and any fuel/fatigue/timers would be a heavy nerf on the entire WH playstyle.

2 Likes