Main AFK cloaky thread

Thanks!

No problem. It was a well thought out and worded response.

No I said he is AFK for a time, as nobody plays 24/7, and you can’t tell when he comes to KB

I farm anyway, we rather fly cheap or coming fleets, as I stated before and you failed miserably to understand, is I’m not against the guy camp the whole region 24/7 and make our lives harder, but yes DOING IT AFK MOST OF THE TIME, now if you still don’t get it, print this text and keep reading it until you get it

Yeah. I understand that you will not undock for very long as long as the cloaky player remains actually playing the game as you are. If he wants to keep you stuck in station he should have to match your endurance.

I think the problem between us is I always think what is fair vs. what is BS, and you and the Devs I suppose have goals you want to accomplish and don’t care if complete and utter BS solves it, its all fine to you.

But back to risk. You say there must always be risk. What is the cloaky AFK player’s risk? He has none. And he rests easy knowing that. You have no idea if you are at risk or not. And this is pure cheese of real life invading the game in a ridiculous way.

So you may or may not have risk and don’t know when but the AFK player has zero risk for long periods and nows exactly when. It may accomplish a goal but its BS and by your own standard of risk, it doesn’t work, UNLESS its only certain people you want to have risk, then it works great.

Well I don’t know how this one got missed. I flagged it.

Two totally different things there. One is totally in game, and the other is half in and half out. In a perfect world, no one should ever have to doubt if an undocked pilot has a human there running it or not. Its not “information”. its a question of fair play. Of course its not a perfect world but that does not mean we just say “Ah screw it all and everybody do whatever.” We do what we can.

Then he is zero threat and you can ignore him.

I’m sorry if it’s inconvenient for you that you don’t get an automatic “THERE IS AN ACTIVE THREAT” warning that guarantees plenty of time to dock up before anyone can catch you but your lack of skill is not a game issue that needs to be fixed.

No, there must be risk proportional to reward. AFK cloaking only has zero risk when it produces zero reward. And that is balanced just fine.

Define “there”. Exactly how many key presses or mouse clicks per minute are required to count as being “there”? Are you considered “there” if you are at your PC but watching a movie with most of your attention?

And why is being AFK “unfair”? The tactic is equally available to all players and quite easy to negate.

KEEP reading the text I said mate, maybe you get it by Xmas

1 Like

I read it. It’s nonsense. Learn to be better at EVE and you won’t get shut down by an AFK player.

Have you tried talking to the cloaky guy? If they answer there’s your answer.

I just made your point clearer

We’ve been over this before

Here’s what I’m go to do from now on when I go AFK and am cloaked somewhere.
On my Bio I’ll post a notice:

“Sorry I’m not home right now. I have other important things to do at the moment besides watching stars and stuff. Until I return continue your botting farming”

I wasn’t talking to YOU. Tell it to HIM. I quoted HIM, cause its not MY contention.

[quote=" Skriven Penshar, post:6941, topic:4731"]
a way that completely nerfs cloaks for everyone that uses them for things other than AFK camping, so it makes it safer for scared farmers to pew pew rats.
[/quote]

I never said anything remotely like that or suggested it either. And with that, I am done with you already.

Keep reading… Y can do it!! BTW I’m not shutdown, stop making assumptions.

Then what’s your problem? If this is true then you’ve just admitted that AFK cloaking can be overcome and doesn’t need any changes.

Why so binary? it must be shutdown or active? it is reduced by a great level to a guy who is not even at KB most of the time.

You did when you suggested putting timers on cloaks/modules if someone doesn’t click something. That is a nerf to cloaks. That’s a nerf to anyone who wants to just sit in space and chill out. I will agree that when I am cloaked in a good safe spot I am pretty much untouchable. But then I also can’t touch anything or do anything or attack anything. I can watch. I can spy. I can just sit there and make other people worry about what I could potentially do to them.
How is that a bad thing? If I had a system in nullsec that I owned it would bother me. But I’d either gather as much intel on the pilot as possible then make a decision as to what to do to counter the threat or I’d tuck tail and hide. “The Highland way” as they said in Braveheart.
Not to beat a dead horse, but a cloaky camper can be countered. It just may not be easy. If you want easy run level 1 missions in HS.
Cloaks do not need to be fixed. Nullsec is not your private server

1 Like

Because either you’re undocked and active or you aren’t. There’s no state where half your ship is hiding in station and the other half is out doing PvE. If you aren’t forced to dock up and shut everything down then you admit that it’s possible to counter AFK cloaking and no changes are needed.

Holy ■■■■ you indeed have trouble reading… It was not about being undocked, but about do it effectively.

Of course it was. If you are undocked and farming then you have overcome the AFK cloaking, end of discussion.

NO, it is ABSOLUTELY NOT a nerf to cloaks, anymore than having to type in a password is a nerf to playing EVE, or a nerf to cloaks. Or having to turn on the module is a nerf to cloaks. Cloaks will work exactly the same. What changes is being AFK. But you cannot even say being AFK got nerfed cause its not an in game item.