Main AFK cloaky thread

Sounds like you have a issue with cynos , not with cloaks. I’m sure we could come up with a way to nerf cynos that won’t make them useless.

No, Cynos don’t work where I play anyway, and they work logically.

Cloaks don’t work logically in accordance with the core design of EVE. They make a pilot utterly immune to any sort of interaction unless the pilot chooses otherwise.

They don’t even have to be at a safe. They can be on grid, 3000k away and so long as they pay attention be utterly safe and sound until downtime. Is it a higher risk than being at a safe? Sure… kind of---- but there is still nothing an active pilot, or group of pilots, or an entire alliance can do to force any sort of interaction on that pilot even if the servers never went down and they had unlimited time to try. That is wrong.

Simple test… Go into a system that contains both Local and Hostile Ships, activate any single module other than a cloak and go AFK for an hour. You will find that Local did nothing to protect you, because that’s not what it does. Do the same test, but activate a cloak instead. Wait all day. You will find that the cloak rendered you immune to their intentions and wasted everyone’s time.

1 Like

The pilot of also unable to affect anything until he decloaks, which balances it out.

No, it does not.

You can’t affect anything else in a Pod or Shuttle, yet they remain completely vulnerable. Lack of effectiveness in one area does not balance being overpowered in another.

If something is worth doing, then it deserves opposition… even if that thing is just sitting there gathering intel or leading allies to that location.

You can bump People with both of those, yet you cannot do it while cloaked without uncloaking

ooh… ya got me there.

Let me know when bumping pods become a major factor in any part of the game. especially when they become unstoppable bumpers without realistic counter.

I’d like to offer the suggestion of having all of the cloaking devices on a 1 hour cycle time (which of course CAN be ended early) and keep the normal reactivation delay. This change would force those who cloak to be engaged to some extent, would stop those who cloak camp and then go AFK for hours, and would give others a window of opportunity to narrow down where a cloaked ship may be when the cloak drops for reactivation.

thanks for your consideration

Yeah, and maybe you should learn what a simile and metaphor are. :roll_eyes: You know, when I wrote, “Not unlike…” holy crap. :roll_eyes:

Yes, that deserved two eye rolls.

Yes, and in a wormhole you can have your ratting fleet attacked by guys coming in from a connection you did know was there.

No, it provides a warp in for the hostile dictor/hictor that just came in through a connection, and after that the hostile fleet.

Exactly.

Quick question, are wormholes of differeing sizes? Could a fleet jump in and be out of D-scan range?

Not unlike a hot drop in NS. Not exactly the same, but there is some similarity.

No! In NS you can be spotted 15 jumps out thanks to local and intel networks. This is not at all present in a wormhole.

I tend to agree for NS, but to say there is nothing like it in w-space is not true. The implication with these kinds of things is that wormholes are very safe. If anything that is less so, IMO. You have less infrastructure and logistics is more of a PITA. I’ve always enjoyed reading/hearing about wormhole shenanigans and wished I had more time to get into that kind of play.

Yes, exactly. Carebears should be lined up and shot until they are driven out of the game. They are parasites on the game, and do not deserve to exist.

Now, the sort of PvE player that deserves to exist in EVE will agree with this statement 100%. Because you know what’s really great for a PvE player’s wallet? Having their competition ganked until they ragequit. Lazy and entitled carebears getting AFK cloaked until they ragequit means a lower supply of PvE materials on the market, and therefore higher sale prices for the people who are strong enough to survive.

Or they change into non-carebears. That is, they take charge of their time in game and play smart and stop whining to CCP to change things for them so that their massive risk taking becomes reasonable.

If somebody wants to log in and run missions or mine or do other PvE things…that’s great. It is how various items get on the market. Well done. But you are no different than any other player and if somebody wants to shoot you…well, be prepared for that. Stop asking for special treatment.

If somebody wants to shoot you, then they should be able to find you given enough time and effort.

Non-consent for everyone should be the rule of the land.

The guy at a safe and AFK, by defintion, does not want to shoot you. If he did he would not be AFK.

Does not matter if he wants to shoot me, Only part that matters is that someone wants to shoot him and he’s not in a station. If he didn’t want to be vulnerable to being shot he should have stayed in a station.

The issue is the combination.

Removing local doesn’t sound like a huge deal on its own.
Removing local with cloaks isn’t a huge deal… because we already do it in WH’s.
Removing local with cloaked ships (Force Recon as well I suppose) dropping cynos… that’s where the problems arise.

Local is the defense against cloaked cynos. It’s the only way to know one might possibly be coming right now (at least the only one I know of).

Yes. Depending on the system size, where the wormhole connection has spawned and where the site is located at, you may not be within D-scan range.

1 Like

Thanks.

I’ve even been in a fleet where we used someone elses home as part of our route to the target-system and the locals living in the system we went through had no idea we were moving a massive fleet right throught their system. We saw them on D-scan doing sites, while we flew through there.

1 Like

Is not fear, who cares about dying? If u die so be it, its a game.

LOL, like if everyone could hack the cloacky camper computer to prove that a corp is using a bot LOL xD

The point is the same from the begining, is imposible to do something about Cloacky campers (AFK or not).

Big Alliances use cloacky campers with bots for intel (for attack and defense) and no one seems to care considering that the game is based on systems and not a world map (in fact, lets be real, everyone knows it but clearly they need it so no one really says too much).
So… you have a game based on WAR where no one can hide anything that happens in its systems, and clearly benefits big corps and alliances (due to the fact that paying a cloacky camper account is not a big deal for them)

So … the real questions are …

• Who needs undefetable cloacky campers?
  • The game? - To continue having content?
  • The big alliances? - To keep control of other alliances?

Who and why?

Why would we need to hack anything when you said its clear they use bots?

Except cloaky camping is countered, every day and has been for a decade. Just don’t be scared of your own shadow and work with your alliance.

Honestly, you shouldn’t be in null if you think cloaky campers are so undefeatable. Null isn’t for everyone. I’m not there.

Follow me for a moment, please, Daichi Yamato.

Forget about getting killed or the poor scared people that shoulnt be in null we are (?). Cloaky campers are imposible to stop (once placed, which is really easy). You cant kill them and you cant find them. Big alliances have dozens of them and YES! ADMIT IT they use BOTs TO KNOW WHAT, WHERE AND WHEN MOVES THROGH THE SYSTEMSSS, YES, THEY DO HAVE THAT! And if u dont know it, now you DO. CCP cant control that, programing something that reads the ram memory of the game o network interfaces of a computer is not a complex thing for a programmer.