Main AFK cloaky thread

Maybe he was hoping that you’d get bored with your trap, decide that he’s AFK, and undock in a more appealing target now that you think it’s safe. Why is your speculation that he was AFK for that hour more valid than my speculation that he wasn’t?

Cloaky guys talking about 100% safety huh while they are still using and enjoying the benefits of local. Im pretty sure most of you farm in sov null too.

I don’t. Also, cloaks aren’t 100% safe. That’s just something a moron that has no idea about cloaky gameplay could claim.
It also isn’t us whining about “take local away and I’ll quit”, that’s just the anti-cloaker crowd. The one that wants to bot and rmt in perfect safety.

1 Like

Being cloaked is 100% safe. You cant be targeted, you cant be seen. You can be decloaked but then you are not cloaked anymore. Just like docking up. You are 100% safe until your docked status changes. Once you are in place, you must be an idiot if something decloaks you.

Anyways im off to sleep. You tunnelvisionguy are just a waste of time. o7

Still that is what the anti-cloaking faction usually points too though. That he might be there.

Most kills are easy. Space bushido is like real bushido…bullshido.

[quote=“Merin_Ryskin, post:1368, topic:4731, full:true”]

I personally think CovOps cloaks are an abomination of game design and should be removed from the game.

IOW, “make my farming 100% safe”. No.

Yeah and change it back for when I’m on my PvP alt.

But no. Instead of uncloak/bubble, you’re dead, it should be a contest of skill. This is just one of the basic tenets of what makes a game good.

Congratulations on demonstrating your ignorance of game mechanics. No ship can fit a covert ops cloak and a bubble.

Never said it did tho I guess my comment looks like that. But I’m also guessing you like your kills to be easy one-sided victories? Actually, I don’t care.

Basic game design means that cloaks and bubbles should be more counter-able.

Bubbles are counterable. They have a limited radius and can only be taken on specialized ships that have limited direct combat ability. You can fly out of the bubble, or you can kill the ship with the bubble.

Cloaks are counterable. You can use superior positioning to evade them, decloak cans to prevent people from sneaking up on you, or just kill the ship with the cloak. With the exception of T3s (which are probably a mistake in general) any ship with a covert ops cloak is much weaker than its non-cloaking equivalents, so beating it in a straight fight is always an option.

Even AFK cloaking, the subject of endless whining, can be countered by growing a spine and not being a pathetic carebear.

It looks very much like that.

Yeah because bubbles kill ships instantly. :roll_eyes:

Having been in plenty of camps with both anchorable and bubbling ships the aren’t perfect unless you use quite a few.

In fact a cloak is a possible counter to bubbles and bubbles a possible counter to cloaks.

I don’t think bubbles are an issue at all.

We already have ships immune to warp bubbles. They are a mechanic that already has a counter.

Find me a bubble that can force an already in place cloaked camp to do anything and I will believe you.

That’s a very narrow way of looking at things. No, you can’t force an AFK cloaker to stop sitting there doing nothing, but you can make it a lot harder for that cloaked ship to be a threat. Bubbles and decloak cans are very useful for ensuring your escape from a potential cloaked threat.

1 Like

There is your answer Mike. Bubbles are a problem for cloaking ships. Much more so prior to nullification. Now if the guy just wants to sit there and do nothing, then no they aren’t a problem.

Pure BS for reasons you already know. It’s not worth arguing over, and I’m tired of the cherry picking anyway.

The statement that a cloaked ship in your area isn’t a problem is just pure BS.

1 Like

Bubbles are counterable.
[…]
Cloaks are counterable.

I never said they weren’t. I said they “should be more-counterable.”

Bubbles are counterable. They have a limited radius and can only be taken on specialized ships that have limited direct combat ability. You can fly out of the bubble, or you can kill the ship with the bubble.

Wow, such huge limits. I take it back. Clearly, they need buffing. :rofl:

Cloaks are counterable. You can use superior positioning to evade them

Huh?

decloak cans to prevent people from sneaking up on you

Gonna need about a thousand of them along with a couple of hours to place them.

or just kill the ship with the cloak. With the exception of T3s (which are probably a mistake in general) any ship with a covert ops cloak is much weaker than its non-cloaking equivalents, so beating it in a straight fight is always an option.

It is an option if you just happen to be flying a ship which can take on a CovOps ship along with its multibox DPSer.

Even AFK cloaking, the subject of endless whining, can be countered by growing a spine and not being a pathetic carebear.

The only carebears here are the people who need defenseless ships to pretend they’re good at PVP.

But I see this is just another thread where people don’t care about the quality of the combat in the game and only care about what makes their feeble egos happy.

• drops keyboard and exits thread
1 Like

You should be tired of cherry picking given it isn’t easy. But you already have so many cherries.

It’s not complicated. If you are 100km off the warp-in and keep MJDing 100km away it is extremely unlikely that any cloaked ship will ever be able to catch you. Use your brain instead of just begging for nerfs.

Hardly. If you’re doing a scannable site with a gate you can just drop one on the warp-in point on your way by and watch d-scan, any cloaked ship will hit the can and appear so you can warp out.

It is an option if you just happen to be flying a ship which can take on a CovOps ship along with its multibox DPSer.

So what you’re saying is that in a 2v1 the single ship usually loses. What exactly is the problem here?

1 Like

It’s not complicated. If you are 100km off the warp-in and keep MJDing

Right, so all ships should able to easily fit MJDs then, just to keep up with stupidly OP cloaks & bubbles.

Hardly. If you’re doing a scannable site with a gate you can just drop one on the warp-in point on your way by and watch d-scan, any cloaked ship will hit the can and appear so you can warp out.

And if it doesn’t have a gate?

So what you’re saying is that in a 2v1 the single ship usually loses. What exactly is the problem here?

Same as it’s been all along: auto-win PvP.

And not just auto-win, but engaging players who don’t want to PvP and giving them no chance to use skill to survive.