Main AFK cloaky thread

Just get in a group and rat together if you have too. Blitz through the anomalies in PvP fit ships. Nobody will mess with you. And just going to point out a permanently cloaked ship can’t do anything. Really people should stop using that phrase when they don’t mean it.

See…you have a problem here. You think that “dealing with them” must mean shooting them. Merely making them not engage you while you blitz anomalies in a group is still dealing with them.

Let me see…6 guys in PvP ships blitzing anomalies does not secure the system against guys in squishy ships? Really?

You don’t have too.

Irrelevant.

Risk is based on actions and choices. It is not something that exists independent of that. As such this statement is wrong.

Good grief. Really? I think that after this kind of a display you are the one who needs help. You come off as a person who cannot distinguish between fantasy and reality. What is wrong with you?

Oh…don’t wuss out now. C’mon go the whole way here.

Almost like he is is a sociopath? Hey, if it is good for the goose…

My idea is quite simple and two-fold.

A mobile anti cloaking field. Small medium and large versions. Within this field, no ships can cloak.

System-wide anti-cloaking device.
Works only in sov null.
To combat AFK cloakers.
Every x time a system-wide “emp like” wave spreads out decloaking all cloaked ships and preventing them to cloak up for y time.

So long as local exists cloaky camping will exist.

1 Like

omfg

use the afk cloaking thread

I have a better proposal: stop being bad at EVE and letting AFK cloakers scare you. This proposed module doesn’t even take up a slot or grid/CPU! And you can fit it on any ship at any time!

There is a much better solution, determine why he is there? If he is there to only slow down your farming speed then just farm away while being in a standing fleet with people ready to warp to you and help, or just bait him out. He may be sitting there with a cyno in which case make sure you have your own cyno and cap’s ready to counter drop, since you are saying sov space I’m guessing it would be on your own turf which means you have home ground defensive advantage for caps :].

Merged a smaller thread here with this one.

Seriously, this must be like whackamole…

You didn’t bother to read the first page did you? Didn’t bother to read any of the links in the OP? Didn’t think to use google?

STFD, STFU and HTFU.

Thanks.

Hmmm, yet another new person showing up to suggest a fix for this.

Nope, no problem at all. Just shout it down and move along.

:thinking:

I see this perpetual dumpster fire of a thread is still going…

You mean another person suggesting the same old tired nonsense that has been suggested before an never acted on. Yeah…that’s valuable. :roll_eyes:

That’s pretty much everyone on both sides of the discussion.

Those who want to nerf cloaking… those who want to log off AFK people… and those who want to get rid of local (which while not technically the focus of the thread is brought up every 10 posts or so).

I did see a comment in this thread (I think) about not allowing whips with a cloak to fit regular cynos. That was a bit different of an idea.

Whips should never fit a cyno, that is just downright perverse!

A whip and a cloak can be entertaining under the right circumstances.

2 Likes

“A mobile anti cloaking field. Small medium and large versions. Within this field, no ships can cloak.”
I could get on board with that if properly implemented.

“System-wide anti-cloaking device.”
No, That would be OP as FK.
Just like cloaks are now.
No fun for cloak hunters, or anyone but the one button I win party… I think we have enough of that with cynoes.

EMP? wont that knock out all ships electrical in general?.. For like, shields, fry all CPUs and electronics… Not enough realism in EVE as is, no nukes that can blanket cover billions if not trillions of light years √ in EMP… Just no. :frowning:

This a terrible idea…but you will never ever figure out why.

it is so limited it is almost useless.

Try putting it on a gate…

Why should ATK players who use cloaks have their gamed nerfed?