Main War declaration thread

So you want to able to kill without ever having anything to lose, in reality, that sounds more like a terrorist than a corporation.

Oh noes, terrorists…

I should start a thread on how to be a terrorist in EVE.

You are obviously a person who plays games with values and honor and all that crap, bad news, wardec is just the tip of the EVE iceberg :grin:

No just tired of passing people who are bragging about pvp on my way to farm in losec. Where I never see these people for some reason…ever.

Really? Can you provide a link, a quote, anything?

1 Like

Yeah they didn’t say that either.

2 Likes

Okay, I’ve read through it a few times and just don’t see this…please support this statement.

Idk what rock you live under, but CODE. has been doing wars as long as it existed…

Now…after looking at the minutes addressing some of the actual statements,

Jin’taan and Sort Dragon point out that while the deccers may be outnumbering/oppressing the victim, it’s more so because they are selecting their targets and looking for the easy wins.

Not sure this is entirely the case. I’m sure “easy kills” is a factor, but my guess is simply showing up in a trade hub means there is a fairly decent probability your player corp will be decced.

Also players self-select. Players who do not mind ship-to-ship PvP either join a war dec corp/alliance or go to LS, NS or wormholes. Thus, much of what is left in HS are people who do not want to engage in ship-to-ship PvP. As such their best response is to dock up. So how does one overcome this behavioral issue with mechanics?

An example is mentioned: An industrial player undocks from Jita and gets attacked by 5 war deccers and their logi alts.

This is a small scale version of N+1…which there has been no “good” solution for in any part of the game.

Even if we look at some of the suggestions such as “victory conditions”, structures, “capture the flag”, etc. These will all still be subject to N+1.

1 Like

It is oddly enough mentioned in the Economy Section.

CCP Larrikin pulls up activity data for players of corporations that have wars declared against them and it shows considerable activity drops in all activities during the war. They also show that the low activity continues after the war ends. Brisc Rubal noted that the numbers here were so stark, it would justify immediately removing war decs as a mechanic and promising a fix after the fact. The CSM in general were surprised at how stark the numbers were and noted it was clear this mechanic was having a significant impact on player recruitment and retention.–page 12, second paragraph

Really should have been in the War Declarations section, IMO.

1 Like

War Decs need to die till something is fixed in the mechanic. I have seen multiple corps driven from the game by war decs and strong arm robbery with the war dec mechanic. Just today, one of the small corps I do business with decided they are done playing. They had about 15 members at the start, after 3 weeks of war they are down to two active members, both of them are pulling down the station and quiting. Yes they did defend their station and they tried to fight back but a 500 character alliance war dec a 15 man corp is pure BS. the ALLIANCE DEMANDED 500M isk worth of ore/ice per month to stop war dec them or they would war dec them forever. Sounds like a great mechanic to me!

There you go, read through the minutes. It is in there

Always worth mentioning that people got exactly what the asked for. They shall never get to forget this. They wanted to be able to fit stuff on their freighters, which automatically had to come in combination with a nerf of the base stats. It’s a classic! Bears ask for something and then it comes haunting them, because the “solution” actually did not address the actual problem: Their incompetence in general.

*noms food*

5 Likes

Yeah, I know. I finally found it. It was, strangely enough, near the end of the section on the economy.

Sounds like the numbers are pretty bad.

1 Like

There is nothing quite so special as customer designed features :rofl:

1 Like

They say it ‘continues after’, but op chose to use the words ‘never recovers’.

1 Like

In an age where all your competitors are paying big bucks to developers to make games more addictive what does EvE Online do? They make a mechanic whose counter is to “not log on”. Who thinks up this kind of thing?
CCP is a corporation still and in any normal one there would be accountability for such bad decision making.

I don’t know what the developers have in mind for the future, but if the legit counter to any of it is “don’t log on”, then that person should be shown the door. This is not even the complicated end of business decisions, this is the basic end. YOU ARENT GOING TO SPEND MONEY IF YOUR NOT LOGGING IN.

It still sounds pretty bad. I’d like to see the data in some form. Obviously in a way that protects player identities and confidential information.

The most important thing the wardec system needs to do is change such that forming large highsec corps and allliances becomes a reality.

p.s. yes, i have heard about large corps / alliances in highsec like freighter corps that use workarounds but that isnt the same thing, so spare me the rhetoric.

If a players solution to the possibility of PvP is to not login then they were in the wrong game in the first place.

It has to be understood right out the gate that EVE is not for the emotionally weak.

You have to be able to face defeat and the fact is many are not able to do that.

Stop trying to downplay the implications or the stupidity shown here. It was no secret that the most obvious workaround for new players was to not log on, it was known this was going on for a long time and was ignored. Stop trying to blame the victim, its a lame path, and shows more of your weakness to be unable to fight people in your own range then feed off the newest of players.

There should be a choice about war decs, not hey if you ever want to play with your friends expect war dec harassment. Because that’s what it is, its not gameplay, its not content, its harassment no matter how you attempt to spin reality. Its no wonder so many people quit, would anyone in there right mind enjoy harassment?

1 Like