Main War declaration thread

insurance too, goons have a hell of an industrial force going on and kudos to them but i think perhaps allowing them to fly massive t1 battleship fleets for basically zero isk after insurance doesnt really help level the playing field.

i know i know leveling the playing field i mean as a loose term for why should these massive powerhouses still be able to claim from insurance companies in such a fashion when clearly they can provide themselves and live in the outer regions of space.

If you’re giving them money to mine and rat in hisec then you’re dumber than your posts suggest.

Actually solo or Corp without a structure has to pay other Corp to use their facility, I just paid under 3 mil for a T-2 build in an engineering facility, I pay to export from player owned POCO’s, I pay rental fees for an office in their structure?
It’s not all free, we also pay NPC facilities to build, yes we get some tax breaks for having a Corp but we pay in different ways.

Long ago it was suggested to allow planetary raw material to be allowed to be made into higher tier items in engineering structures or just structures in general, that it would allow facility owners to get more fees for the processing of these items… people said NO, well there you go huh.

1 Like

They won’t be. They will be subject to NPC (you?) station taxes and reprocessing fees if they don’t own their own complexes…

But keep crying. ‘WWAAAHHHH!!! WAAAAHHHH!!! I want EASY KILLS against INDYS!! WAAAHHHHHH WWAAHHHHH!!!’

6 Likes

I don’t think you understand that NPC corps have a fixed base tax rate while player corps can have 0, this is not about sales tax etc. but the corporate tax rate

Watching the warbears and gank bears having a breakdown in this thread is rather amusing to say the least. Demanding tax penalties against corps that don’t have structures, seriously…

If people are manufacturing in NPC stations they get less efficiency in both reprocessing and manufacturing in NPC stations, plus they have to pay for it. That is the benefit that a structure gives.

Also using third party structures is a major risk, if they stop fuelling it or decide to take it down and you have jobs and clones in there, you lose it all. There are real reasons to have structures and getting salty because some people will be more difficult to get at after the eay life you had for so long is just…, lame.

And as CCP Burger pointed out that he was aware of the people who will setup a corp with one man in to run the structure and the main corp be free and was happy with it, I hardly think that he will slap an additional mission tax on them because the warbears who have it so good for so long are demanding it. There are reasons to have structures and you guys will block that by blowing them up, and people who have structures may decide to ally in and defend them, many will not…, but at least they control that decision and that is a very good move on the part of CCP.

I am analysing the destruction of structures across hisec at the moment, if you lot continue like this you will have very little left to war dec and then it will be the victims fault…, seriously…

4 Likes

When i saw the twitch about wardec’s i was thinking to myself heh CCP wants players to use citadels but now their saying okay everyone go back into ancient times of the pos :slight_smile:
But in all honesty pos’s especo dickstars are still 10x better then any citadel :smiley:

1 Like

There can be no permanent fix for the wardec system. At least not one that would shut up the carebears. The only thing that will ever make them happy is if they are completely immune to it.

Your promises of the masses of carebears waiting right out there to fill CCPs wallet is a pure and simple lie. How many nerfs are still needed until the flood starts? Is the current nerf enough? Not? Because we have heard the very same thing for the last 15 years at least, even when EVE was growing in numbers.

Today EVE is stable. The PCU charts clearly show that and CCP is on record just last month saying that EVE is financially in a very good position. CCPs wallet does NOT justify this change.

Last 15 years Hillmar was in charge and we all see his results. Now is new boss in town and we will see how thigs will change.

Time will tell.

1 Like

What’s up? Sir, do you see that big two-towers thing in Perimeter, which can be wardeced? There must be a plethora of targets around everyday, which aren’t in big fleets.

Hi-Sec citadels are tools for miners and industrialists for better logistics. Other kind of organizations can exist formally in NPC corporations as a couple of characters, while their structure, administration and management are supported outside - in Discord, for example. Without them, they’ll need to use NPC stations for that, which makes Reprocessing and Industry more expensive. I’ll not recommend to stack ore into any available hi-sec citadel, which not belongs to you, anymore. Du to these changes, all remaining neutral citadels will be highly camped and all available ones will be owned by special ALT corporations for hi-sec piracy and scamming purposes. Just a version. You can’t hi-sec moon mining without wardec, which also can be considered as a kind of available tax.

2 Likes

That reply had me laugh so hard I almost dropped my refreshing beverage.

May I suggest you purchase some form of tear collecting device to help this gentlemen? One understands buckets are quite cheap these days, even in the large format you require.

Will be very interesting to see how many players return after December for this change.

I hope CCP makes a serious effort to market/advertise that you can now PvE in HS without wardecs, as long as you dont have a structure.

Its very hard to get players to return.

They will also need to make it very clear to these potentially returning players that they can still setup a 1man alt Corp to hold their structures for them.

2 Likes

How are you going to market that?
EvE now with less broken mechanics!

It would be better if they just ran some kind of come back to EvE thing after they have in place what they want (not December).

You could always PvE in HS without wardecs from the NPC corp. You could always deploy a structure in a one-man corp and use it while in the NPC corp. This isn’t an especially large change other than for people who want to do so with friends.

And that is a good thing, but I don’t think it is going to magically make many people play Eve who didn’t before or have left. If CCP is going to market the game using highsec changes, they should wait six months until they actually have the new system, and ideally a bunch of other highsec improvements made and release it as a big expansion with some advertising to get the most eyeballs on the new situation.

They should do it in both instances.

December is a huge market season overall (biggest of the year), and often accompanied by a PLEX sale.

The proposed December change plugs a finger into the loss of players due to wardecs, but in and of itself wont bring players back unless they know they can now use the Social Corp to PvE without wardecs, by them being informed.

We dont know when the rest of the changes to wardecs will happen, or have any reliable idea of what they will be.

If CCP can get wardec averse players back into EVE between December and >6months later when the next stage is implemented, that will go a long way towards reaching their goals to get the 200mil bonus PA offered.

If may not even need to be raw revenue to assuage PA. A substantial influx of returning players may be enough to show PA that CCP and EVE is worth it.

They said first part of 2019 for the wardec revamp, it wont be or shouldn’t be long.

Just fixing the reason most people quit isn’t enough to advertise on, it just isn’t.

I will say now would be a good time for some fancy skins to mining ships…just saying.

1 Like

Read what you just said.

Fixing the reason most people quit isnt enough to advertise on it?

That makes no sense.
Its EXACTLY the reason to advertise on it.

2 Likes

You cant advertise the game is less risk averse because it isn’t and isn’t a good selling point anyways.

You cant advertise that something was broken was fixxed because it makes them look stupid for it being broken to begin with.

It just needs more, be it a different reason, or something.

You should also let the large social corps form that we all know are coming now.

It will be a excellent direction to point those people too also.

Also the corp finder needs updating so people can obviously tell which corp is which.