Make security status proportional to Concord reaction time

It’s already proportional to the system security status.

warp to Ore Fields
see the lack of resources
leave game

1 Like

Gonna disagree with that myth once again for the millionth time.

CCP’s latest analysis shown in ‘2019 Beyond The Friendship Machine’ states that the ‘Magic Moment’ of when a new player decides to stay or quit is when they experience their first devastating ship loss.

Those who do not belong to a social circle are more inclined to quit whereas those who do belong to a social circle are more inclined to stay. Mainly due to getting support from the group to:

1. Understand what happened
  2. Quickly recover from the ship loss
  3. Get revenge.

Here’s the numbers CCP Hellmar listed in that 2019 presentation:

6 Likes

ok im with you in that
i like wen the asteroid belts
have…
like…
asteroids

2 Likes

And yes, I agree with the OP.

A high security status should provide faster Concord Response Time.

2 Likes

I think you mean inversely proportional…

However, proportional actually does sound like a fun idea. Newbies have a sec status of 0, so CONCORD arrives instantly, but if you rat enough and push your sec status op to 5.0, CONCORD becomes slower and slower. This would protect the newbies, but would solve the carebear problem where folks endlessly grind in high sec… now they’d have to do some pvp occasionally!

3 Likes

I think this mechanic sorta exists with NPC mining fleets. If your standing is high enough with an NPC fleet, they’ll help you when you’re attacked.

This doesn’t refute anything I said.

All you’ve done is elaborate upon it and add another factor. That factor in no way shape or form repudiates the validity of my previous claims.

If you actually viewed the ‘2019 Beyond The Friendship Machine’ presentation then you’d know it does indeed refute your statement…

1 Like

Give me a timestamp to the part where my statements are refuted, or sit down.

Since you won’t watch the presentation I suggest you follow your own advice.

Consider yourself sat back down.

Consider yourself refuted and rebuked. :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

Give me a hint as to which banned character’s alt you are.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I can do reasoning opposite to what u wrote, and its also logical.
Concord reaction time is good how it is now, about newbies they gonna lost 1st ship sooner or later, even if u make concord react even in 10 sec in whole hi-sec, at some point they gonna lost A LOT MORE, and MORE PROBABLY uninstal this game.

Edit:
This a bit of thrill when ur cargo is getting scanned, when u see bombers in Uedama is what makes hi-sec lively. With perfectly safe and sound hi-sec u would just autopilot ur 100B cargo ship and go play another game meanwhile - its a boredoom

4 Likes

This^^

And for the millionth time, that ‘magic moment’ information doesn’t contradict the older data.

It’s still not ganking but solo play that affect retention.

3 Likes

And for the millionth and one time, watch the 2019 presentation by Hilmar instead of constantly trying to propagate that little 5 minute BS presentation by CCP Rice from 5 yrs earlier.

1 Like

I’m still waiting on the citation for this. If it’s happening a lot, you should have plenty of examples to provide.

1 Like

We went through this the last time. The ‘magic moment’ says nothing about more or less players staying because of ship loss. It just says it is the decisive moment.

Watch it again and write a transcript.

1 Like

Of when new players decide to stay or quit.

Hilmar then goes on to say that new players are more inclined to stay if they have a social circle / support group in Eve to help them understand what happened, quickly recover from the loss and get revenge.

1 Like