Manual for them forums?

Is there going to be a manual for handling them new forums somehow?

I have no idea how this is a forum at all. Forums used to be readable and interactive without gimmicks or other disturbing things you do not need.

This new forum thing has all kinds of weird information I have no clue how to interpret them at all.

What is this blue vertical line supposed to do?
How do I respond to a topic and not a responder?
How can one see if someone responded to you?
Have you tried those new forums in a regular Firefox for PC or do you have to use a cellphone to make them able to read?

Yes, I have a cellphone. Yes, it does have the ability to access the Internet when I want it to. No, it is not my regular reading device. It is just waiting for calls or messages like a regular cellphone.

Why do this forums need to have a similar looks to the Android UI?

Is there a higher meaning to the way topics and responses are displayed?

Where is the date and time stamp on?

Is there a way to display them forums to the way it used to?

Can we get an ETA on the manual?

4 Likes

@discobot

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

What in that world is that?

You can’t read or what? First, he gave you basic tutorial on PM at first login. Second, as his name say. He is “discord bot”. I call him in so you can use his help to understand how forum works.

Just do what he says.

3 Likes

It’s a superfluous scrollbar.

How do I respond to a topic and not a responder?

Respond to the OP. Tagging people like this works, @elitatwo.

How can one see if someone responded to you?

With great difficulty. Though the notifications do work correctly, it just doesn’t have the same intuitive feeling as the old fora did.

Have you tried those new forums in a regular Firefox for PC or do you have to use a cellphone to make them able to read?

Works on Chrome for me. Bit of a culture shock having to re-learn to resize the reply field by using the grabber at the top instead of the usual bottom corner.

Why do this forums need to have a similar looks to the Android UI?

Looks nothing like my stock Android install.

Is there a higher meaning to the way topics and responses are displayed?

I wish! This half-threaded view is horrible. Either go full Reddit style, or don’t thread at all.

Where is the date and time stamp on?

Each post has a note in the top-right corner showing how long ago it was posted. Mouse-over that and you’ll get exact an datetime.

Is there a way to display them forums to the way it used to?

I wish.

4 Likes

If you didn’t read what discobot held your hand through you aren’t gonna read a manual. Just gonna have to gut it up and get used to it. Learning new things is never bad. Even if it isn’t your cup of tea.

P.S. I will forever be your first like. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

that EVE learning curve comic except the new forums

Is there going to be a manual for handling them new space game somehow?

I have no idea how this is a game at all. Games used to be playable and interactive without pay to win or other expensive things you do not need.

This new overview thing has all kinds of weird information I have no clue how to interpret them at all.

What is this middle circle supposed to do?

How do I play as the avatar I made and not a space ship?

How can one see if someone emoted to you?

Have you tried those new game in a regular engine for PC or do you have to use a middleware to make them able to play?

Yes, I have a fast computer. Yes, it does have the ability to play Crysis on high settings. No, it is not because I need to clear my cache. It is just slowing down to 10% speed when I see more than ten ships on my screen.

Why do this game need to have a similar looks to the Android UI?

Is there a higher meaning to the way all these moving squares are displayed?

Where is the mana and stamina displayed on?

Is there a way to display them CQ to the way it used to?

Can we get an ETA on the manual?

5 Likes

LOL. :rofl:

Specially the manual part.

Also:

I don’t know what thing is a drake. How do I search the game wiki?

The post by @Chocolate_Pickle answers all of your questions. Like anything new it might take some time to figure out how everything works, but with some time and experimentation I am sure you will figure it out. Discourse (the forum software) is widely used so feel free to Google your question and chances are someone has asked a similar question in the past.

…unless he asks how to send a PM to another player. :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, keep in mind that certain features might have been disabled by CCP as they customized the forums to suit their needs.

@Chocolate Pickle

Cheers, mate! That is what I was looking for!

May I suggest changing the “reply” button-icon to a different one? The current one looks like an Email “I has read it already and forward it to someone” button. A reply should point down, not up.

A good point. Maybe we should bring this to the attention of @CCP_Avalon?

2 Likes

This. I love when I see this in local.

1 Like

Then change game and next time read what you start playing. Don’t like this, stop play. There is no way to rewrite 90% of game just to show your “sexy ass” to community.

This whole thread

@ISD Fractal

This may be all good and well but I have a hard time adjusting to this weirdness. Let me elaborate:

• No I do not use readit since I do not understand the format
  • No I do not use inster-twitter because I do not understand what they want from me
  • Yes I managed to be able to use facebook sometimes but still people have to explain things I do not know to me
  • Yes I have a cellphone with the infamous google android operating system BUT I turned all unnecessary connection off since they waste battery power for no reason
  • I Used to and still do use the forums on my computer, the thing that runs the EvE client

OCD = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Apart from being used as an insult in colloquial language, being on the autism spectrum with high functioning autism means I have a highly observant perception and the compulsive part of OCD means, I will spot any changed pixel before everyone else does.
Logging on SiSi and saying hello to the locals in Syndicate I will be amongst the first telling everyone what I spotted or saying “oh that’s wrong”.

Anyway, what a forum as communication tool needs is this:

• Ability to read and respond to a thread
  • Ability to quote someone
  • In case of EVE a link to the responder so you can write her/him

If you have to use icons, please make sure they are accurate to the function and do not invent the wheel, it will lead to confusion and something important will not be said

You have your buttons named. Just use them and don’t complain about how they look.

For everyone they are normal.