Marauders - Fittings for Maximum Damage Application

This is awesome! Thank you for all the effort you’ve put in! Hope to see the Vargur analysis soon.

IMO it’s underwhelming. You look at an activity, and you ask if the vargur is a good choice. In most cases, it’s just worse than another marauder.

WRT AC, Its efficiency range should be around 25-100km for frigates and 10-35km for bigger ships. you can swap to barrage but then you are damage locked (so a bit less DPS depending on the rat) and many rats (especially guristas BS) will stay on the edge of efficiency.
Basically you need a falloff rig and a TC to make it acceptable. It’s still good, but compared to the 50 base range of torp golem it’s lacking vs big targets, and golem will one shot small target as much as vargur, and have more DPS on closer range (assuming it can paint the target). It’s better than golem vs lots of small target though because delayed golem DPS (torpedo are soo slow)

2 Likes

I personally love my vargur, and find it much more fun to fly than the golem. Been waiting to see the vargur post.

Arriving this weekend, along with a comparison between them all. Will shoot a reminder when it’s up for certain though. Admittedly the vargur does need some love, and just prior to the marauder update I thought it was going to be the Paladin…

4 Likes

Vargur is going to come so far behind! With 800s - max is 2.5k with Hail … sadly, artillery is in the ‘meh’ category.

Bastion on and its rather pathetic tbh. Me and my mate in his Golem - laughable - ‘you do the small stuff’ while he nukes all.

have you seen the paladin??? at least you can change damage types… my leshak actually does more dps when spooled up…

with the tank of a cruiser, I guess. And the speed of a triple bulkhead freighter with bad rolls…

nope… it tanks hard af… it tanks and does all lvl 4 missions with ease… my paladin can and does out tank it.

dont forget… it takes a while to spool up and thats where it is not nearly as good as a marauder…

3 Likes

this is my t2 version its not my exact fit lol but close enough…

[Leshak, *Sledge Hammer]
Large Armor Repairer II
Large Armor Repairer II
Multispectrum Energized Membrane II
Multispectrum Energized Membrane II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Entropic Radiation Sink II
Entropic Radiation Sink II

100MN Afterburner II
Large Cap Battery II
Large Cap Battery II
Large Cap Battery II

Supratidal Entropic Disintegrator II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Ancillary Current Router I
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Valkyrie II x6
Warrior II x9
Ogre II x5

Occult L x9879
Mystic L x3645

Did you read anything above my post?

Vargur - decent damage if at 20k or so and below with 800s. Fine for Angel rats, but the typical 50k ones its peck peck peck. Artillery is so ponderously slow.

Damage type choice? Meh - its still in the cruiser level DPS at 30k and above with 800s. Lets see what results appear here. I have a Paladin, Golem, Vargur and Kronos. Paladin and Golem by far the best.

Its about marauders - so I could post a great … rupture fit with 100mn … but you seem to have missed the point.

Paladin ugly child ? I think she is quite sexy maybe it’s just an Amar thing .

1 Like

As far as damage application goes with a Kronos, railguns I will always find to be easy mode. Get range, lock up targets and destroy. Don’t matter the size of ship outside of 40km or so. Problem with blasters is dealing with smaller ships. If you don’t web them then you have to use drones, and that can be time consuming and or costly. Plus some Battleships keep range on ya forcing you to move. Kinda takes away a big feature of a marauder.

Like many things in Eve it is situational. For the majority of mission running pve I would prefer railguns as the all around best choice.

Did I miss the Vargur analysis ? I ask more for Minmatar RP type luvs than b/c I expect it to outperform a golem.

I’ve seen some quite surprising youtube vids of a vargur crushing small gangs… is that still a thing ?

2 Likes

I really hope you posted that with an alt other wise you have just painted a giant gank me sign on your forehead.

1 Like

Now that you warned him. :rofl:

He is at Isinokka V - Moon 2 - Spacelane Patrol Logistic Support station

Resurrecting an almost dead topic, but any chance we’ll see the update for the Vargur?

1 Like

Hi there,

Life’s gotten on top of me so playing eve has had to take a backseat and all my accounts are currently alpha! Should be easing up now and back to playing soon so will be guilty of resurrecting this with my varg analysis, although I think it’s fair to state most people know the outcome- it will just be interesting to see how far behind the varg comes to its competitors.

1 Like

nice gg

this entire thread has channged since ccp screwed around with the bastion mod/ship class.

1 Like

I will just say as a seasoned Paladin pilot (my main Paladin is older than Bastion) that any capacitor mod is completely unnecessary for L4 missions.

Also while not really useful, the Golem can go with cruise missiles and full application to apply decent damage to most targets across an entire mission grid.