March 2018 Release - Known Issues & Reporting

Anybody else getting a ‘cannot copy files for Tranquillity while clients are running’ message? It is cleared if i log out of all accounts and restart the launcher but this is happening several times a day and is annoying if I’m scouting or have eyes in a system.

Had it happen to me once. Hasn’t repeated since.

…just got chats activated wich i erased years ago. maybe it’s oldtimer moment, maybe ccp likes to remind us of old days. when eve was more active, and not pay-to-win. would not do it if i would be you guys. :wink:
on the other hand, no response to tickets. keep it that way bois. McDonalds hires all the time.

This message appears when there is an update distributed to the Clients, that has changes in it for files that are currently in use by the Client and therefore are dedicated and can currently not be replaced. If you see this message, best go to a safe spot / dock up and log out, restart the client and let the update finish. Log back in and be up to date with the latest changes.

1 Like

With Cyno is the tethering still visible.

1 Like

can’t log off. can’t change ship. can’t play…

This :point_up:

Cant open industry window, just endlessly loads and stays blank, docking/undocking goes to black screen and cant log off or move.

Its not a network setting, or PC problem, its consistantly happening on 4 out of 9 pilots across 3 accounts, other 5 work fine. its something on those particular pilots that is screwed up. its not an account or PC setting, tried on multiuple PC’s at different locations, same result.

1 Like

Sounds like a Database Issue, not sure though, did you send a bugreport ingame from the character that encountered the issue? (via F12 - Report Bug) This will help Devs track the problems, because informations and logs about the circumstances will be compiled and sent with the report.

have you voted for CSM ? I totally will give you a vote.

I’d not be much help there, I guess. I’m mostly sitting on HS Stations reading Chats and sometimes mine some Ore. I’ve been around some years, even though this Character isn’t that old, but I’m not really into politics. Apart from personal reasons, I’m not in touch with Low / Null / WH Space and wouldn’t be much of a representative. I’m trying to be of use here in the Forums and maybe going to apply for ISD (CCL/STAR), that would be more fitting then CSM but am not sure about that yet.

Yes, I did and opened a ticket, was told they are aware and are looking into the problem, and be patient. Im fine with the patience part, but ive already lost a few billion in industry jobs from this issue, and now i cant start any new jobs… and i’m sure i wont get reimbursed for the cancelled jobs or time lost not being able to start any since its not a killmail or anything with an actual value, so this sucks. A days SP reimbursement isnt worth anything to me.

1 Like

I got same issue but when I try to undock I get black screen

mine are the same… black screen, have to crash the client to get out. same will happen when you re-log in and dock. unplayable.

tried to clear cache ?

why do we have test server I thought the whole idea was to test stuff but seem that what a test really for

yea tried clearing cach nothing worked

:point_up:

its not a local PC issue, its on CCP’s side. they are aware of it.

hmmmm … OK

Test server is sandbox for super pilots , you wouldn’t think CCP actually testing there, as you can see the chat is still broken there now.

WellI I guess currently they are primarily fixing the problems on Tranquility, as the live server has surely priority over the test server. When the biggest problems are fixed they will mirror Tranquility to Singularity to get an actual base for testing new stuff. At least that’s what i would do. Doesn’t make much sense to divide resources to fix two servers with different setups when the live server has issues that need to be adressed.