March 2019 Release - General Feedback

They are doing their jobs. That’s why anomalies were nerfed and that’s why alpha accounts are being restricted.

1 Like

Nerfing anomalies is not the job of Team Security. Catching bots is.

Why do you expect other customers to do Team Security’s job for them?

1 Like

Are you currently having problems finding sites and competing with live players? There are tons of systems you can go to. The change is a “two birds with one stone” kind of deal in which it forces massive powers to disperse over a larger area and discourages autonomous behaviour.

1 Like

What makes you think that it was Team Security that implemented the anomaly change?

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Me? I don’t rat. I’m not having any problems finding sites or competing with live players. But thanks for avoiding the question that you clearly don’t actually have an answer to: Why do you expect other customers to do Team Security’s job for them?

No, it doesn’t. CCP’s ADM mechanics mean that population density is key to holding Sov. Even with these nerfs, I’m not seeing anyone bitching in jabber about these changes. I seriously doubt that this will impact player density in any meaninful way.

Absolutely nothing. Because it wasn’t. I’m responding to @Sepheir_Sepheron’s assertion that this is about botting, with his ‘you let them bot…’ nonsense.

Let me be clear here: I do not for one moment believe these nerfs are about ‘stopping bots’. They’re about CCP’s attempts to manage the ISK faucets, and while bots are a part of that math, they’re not the biggest part, just like if you remove Delve completely, you don’t make that ‘Bounties’ bar drop by an appreciable amount.

I also don’t think these nerfs are going to actually do much at all about either. This is yet another ‘hang on, there’s a big, complex, interconnected problem here, so we’re just gonna try to change one little thing on one end of it all and then not understand why it didn’t actually fix anything’.

Further, I actually think Team Security’s doing a pretty good job, overall. I don’t think they need this nerf to ‘stop bots’, because again… it doesn’t. It doesn’t discourage botting in the slightest. It just means the bots have a lower profit margin. So what? They’ll still do it. Nerf it all down far enough, and they’ll just spoof more IPs with more VPNs, and do it with VNIs (which are easier to bot with, because fighters need supervision).

Team Security doesn’t need this. They’re doing a good job catching bots. They’re just not completely perfect and able to sift through mountains of data instantaneously. And that’s fine. They’re not paid to be gods. But they do get paid to do their jobs. We don’t.

2 Likes

It’s not “fine” until there are no bots left. Encouraging players to seek out bots because they have no space to rat is a good idea.

1 Like

You’re never going to reach that point. It’s not possible to completely purge bots from any online game. All you can do is continue to make steady progress removing them. Which they are. Encouraging players to go hunting other players of any sort is a good idea. Encouraging them to go witch-hunting members of their own groups is just asking to get an already legendarily toxic community turning on itself even more. And in the long run, that’s not good for any of us.

2 Likes

Maybe if they’re so toxic they shouldn’t be in the same alliance and working together. Even better if they decide to split because they can’t get along.

1 Like

The community I referenced is the entire EVE community.

And you still haven’t explained why I should be paying someone else so I can do their job.

1 Like

No one’s forcing you to. In fact you just said this doesn’t affect you so…?

1 Like

You’re the one saying we should be. I’m asking you to justify that. So: why should we?

1 Like

Because the players make the game what it is. Being apathetic towards bots and just saying it’s someone else’s job isn’t acceptable. CCP making sites have a longer timer will make it a fight for sites, and if someone’s 24/7 VNI ratting it will start to piss off the active players. It’s just what I think, my feedback, you don’t have to agree.

It’s much easier to ignore botting when it’s happening somewhere you’re not. When it’s in your face and ruining your fun it’s a different story.

1 Like

I’m not apathetic. I’m a paying customer. I just think they’re already doing a good job, and I’m willing to let them do it.

So in what way are you paying someone else to do their job?

1 Like

If I see a drunk driver should I have the same attitude?

a forest fire?

I pay a monthy sub to this game and have NO problem with helping keep the game for gamers, not bots.

m

3 Likes

In what way is a paying customer paying CCP’s Team Security to do their jobs?

By paying. As a customer.

If you see a drunk driver, you’re seeing something. Not going looking for it. Same with the forest fire. I’m not saying ‘don’t report bots’. I’m saying that expecting people to go watching the people around them is asking them to step past ‘good citizen’ into ‘spy on your neighbors’. We’ve got cops. I let them do the cop-work.

3 Likes

No ones forcing anyone to go witch hunting bots. If they want they can go to another system and rat there if the bots clog theirs up and they don’t want to intervene.

Ah, ok, then.

No we don’t have to hunt bots, most of them are fairly blatant about it as it is. But see something? Say something. and yes I know that sort of phrase may raise some hackles

m

1 Like

And again, the issue isn’t ‘forcing’, it’s ‘why should we do their jobs for them?’ You say we’re responsible for not stopping bots. That’s Team Security’s job. And you want us to do it. So I ask ‘why?’

And you don’t have an answer for that. So you’re avoiding that question in favor of a bunch of straw men you can hide behind to keep evading. But you still can’t answer the question. And no matter how often you repeat yourself, that hasn’t changed.

Dude, where I live, we used to have a couple of really tall buildings. I think you’ve heard of 'em. I live that sort of phrase every day.

Idk why. I think it’s the right thing to do if you care about the environment you spend time in. Again that’s just my opinion.