March 2020 - General Feedback

Removed some off topic remarks.

You insult, provoke, and belittle, but offer no actual counter. Of course, some people are engaging with the market, people pick the option of self-gain. and change always brings opportunity. This is about what’s healthy, enjoyable, and accessible to more players. Making something much more complex, much more catered for vets with large bank rolls, and in rapid succession, is pretty crap. If you don’t want to try to understand how this is a bad thing, and that trying to tackle the games issue’s around hyperinflation, by placing the burden almost solely on marketers then don’t feel the need to interject with vapid comments. Go on feeling smug about how you thought you knew best… kid.

1 Like
  1. It’s not that complex, if you think it is, lmao, sorry you don’t have the brainpower to handle it.

2. it’s not catered to vets, it impacts everyone equally. please tell me where CCP said that it’s catered to vets if you actually believe that.

3. “rapid succession”, you mean the changes that CCP have been implementing based on player feedback when the community has been asking them to start making significant changes due to heavy stagnation and over-inflation of the game market? yeah, that’s a good thing, if you think that’s a bad thing, you’re not participating in the game to a degree that makes you relevant

You’re being disingenuous or you aren’t aware you’re being disingenuous. This change does not impact everyone equally, it specifically singles out individuals who use and engage with the market in the most frequency, and uses that small group of players as a way to sink ISK, based on apparently poor data, and worse analytics. Slowing down economies, introducing huge taxes, penalizing market trade frequency are all things that are cancer to any real-world or simulated economies; using them to prevent hyperinflation doesn’t work in the real world, and won’t work here.

Cool, you must be playing some kind of EVE where the patch is selectively impacting a certain group of players more than others.

CCP stated this was a pants on head dumb playstyle that was brainless and did not lead to any meaningful market decisions.

As a result, the optimal strategy becomes “Always create your orders at 0.01 ISK above/below the current best order, and always update your order ASAP by 0.01 ISK if it isn’t the highest buy or lowest sell.” Competition between traders comes down to who (or what) can micro-manage their orders for the longest period of time, rather than who is making the most intelligent pricing decisions. . . .

Increasing the modification costs will mean that the strategy of always modifying every order as quickly as possible will quickly become unprofitable. Creating a more equal playing field for market users and handing the advantage back to those who make educated pricing calls is a clear statement of intent in the fight against botting.

Source: the fuckingdevblog update

tl:dr; if your little brain can’t handle it. making it so that the only people who could “win” market pvp were those who could no-life the market every 5 minutes for hours at a time was dumb. now ccp is changing that.

boofuckinghoo, none of what you said here is relevant, it’s just a pathetic and weak attempt to shriek “but muh real world” as justification for your brainless style of gameplay.

sucks that the only thing you were good at is refreshing your market orders by 0.01 isk every 5 minutes. now you have to put some brainpower into it. adapt or die

edit: since i can see you FURIOUSLY typing your reply, don’t bother, you’ve already shown that your opinion is worthless. the only thing that needs to be repeated is the last line: “sucks that the only thing you were good at is refreshing your market orders by 0.01 isk every 5 minutes. now you have to put some brainpower into it. adapt or die”

5 Likes

The thing you are missing is that you think all of us marketers are upset for the very reason you stated in that reply.

Imagining us as merely interested in 0.01 ISK’ing. That’s not what this is about, it was a property of the meta and version, but if you ACTUALLY READ what most of us are stating. It’s that this is a huge ISK sink where no ISK is actually created, that only a smaller portion of players were heavily affected by and therefore be subject to massively out of proportion with where the vast majority of ISK is created, and that markets become much more complicated in understanding potential profit and loss for the newer players especially, among many other things that this patch manages to screw up.

Pointing to articles by devs, the same devs that thought this was a good idea, and how they decided a playstyle was silly and therefore should be removed. This is supposed to be a sandbox no? The only thing that’s worthless here is EVE market credit, and your own.

1 Like

Everyone will eventually suffer. The station traders (market-makers) will feel it first because the relisting fee is directly targeting them. However, most people buy and sell to and from market-makers. Everyone else will feel it in the form of slow trades, big spreads, distorted prices, low volume, etc.

CCP decided to do this based on amateurish analysis detailed in their blog post. There is a huge body of academic research, empirical evidence, and case studies explaining why a trading tax, like latest relisting fee, is bad for markets and never a good option. CCP evidently ignored all of that.

2 Likes

Make me

All market game play is destroyed.

No Margin trading - Real markets use margin trading
No spread - New increments have eliminated the possibility
All isk tied up in aging orders - Waste of money to cancel / too costly to change list price

This change is absurd.

2 Likes

trading is a way possible in the game, you cant refuse players to go hardcore as long as there is no bot use.

removing to the traders the possiblity to play doesnt make the market better

hello,

Regarding todays bonus skill point weekend, It says I have been gifted 35,000, (10k + 25k) but when I dragged them onto my character I’m pretty sure it only said 20,000, my unalocated sp pool has also only gone up by 20k.

Should I bug report this, or is it already known?

It makes trading for other players better though.

2 Likes

There is a news article that claims to be giving out 175,000 skill points over the weekend, but my game is only showing 130,000 (45,000 for the alpha ones, and another 85,000 for the omega subs). How do I get the other 45,000 sp?

edit: I see it must have been a typo as it now states 130,000 sp over the weekend. Thank you for fixing that.

1 Like

Oh, but you will suffer - you and everybody else will suffer… after the initial period where some of the stocks were / are irrationally dumped, ALL prices will eventually go up in order to include the increased taxation - just like in R.L. taxes are a price component that is paid by final consumer. And when i say “will go up” i mean “up above the old prices” to cover the additional spending. … and no, it will not matter some prices were manipulated - market manipulation was and will be part of the game - manipulations will still be in place - the only thing that will change will be a higher final price. And when this will hit the fan we ALL will have to face a higher inflation level…
And yes: some will say this is a shallow approach and the mechanics in place are far more complex - indeed they are… but the bottom line stays with the numbers - not with strategies or gameplay or “intelligent choosing” or margins or isk sink or “… reasons” - all that “rocket science” will be, in the end, reduced to simple math: any additional expenses (increased taxes) will, sooner or later, no matter what, land in prices and therefore generate inflation…

1 Like

Nope, sorry to burst your little gleeful bubble, but unless you would like to try, its simply not happening.

1 Like

Opss… i have to apologize for my mistake then:
although my post was a “reply” it really wasn’t ment to be a direct and personal notification (but i’d guess you already know that).
I would have chosen wiser if i would have known that you are one of the 0.001 % absolute self-sufficient chars in Eve who never touches the market and fly or use only items mined, PI-ed, refined, manufactured or acquired “in-house”. (gratz on that achievement)
As for my point - we, all 99.999% others who, wrongfully of course, have to rely on markets to get stuff to use, we will gratefully (?) pay more when we buy, to cover the tax-inflated prices (and consequently charge more when we sell, in order to provision the tax amount we owe)

Honestly, your sarcasm is purposeless.

Im totally fine with the market changes. If you would like me to suffer, though, youll need to make me.

I didnt partake in your trading equivalent of noob ganking before the changes, and Im not at all affected by them being taken away from you.

1 Like

Purposeless (and no harm ment) sarcasm was only an (over)reaction to “little gleeful bubble” expression which was kindda minimizing my argument… which still stands:
added or increased taxation will only result in higher prices, generating (extra)inflation and affecting everybody.

i’m also fine with the market changes - after all, it affect everyone equally so nothing to complain here - just pointing out my opinion that these changes will generate more inflation.
and i never was / will be engaged in any type of noob ganking activity - call that old school honor stupidity if you want…

1 Like

No its cool, I was also over-reacting to what I had expected to be a tirade, as appears to be the norm on the forums in general, and that’s no reflection on yourself, whom I have jusrt met and have had no contact with prior to this moment as far as I am aware of.

Im just sick of doom and gloom here, and it mirroring RL vox populi.

Can we agree to disagree on the perceived outcome and shake?

2 Likes

:red_circle: Great, I just had a final blow on a frigate and did not get event completed. Fabulous. Why the hell does the HUD say “Kill 1 Ship” but the tooltip says “Get top damage”. Those are not the same thing!

1 Like