[March] Jump Fatigue Changes

You’ve got literally hundreds of systems in EVE where those capitals you’re so worried about can’t get to you, friend. Hisec awaits.

2 Likes

something something huge keepstar fight (bigger than b-r) that just happened with current mechanics

Fatigue changes are actually huge net positive for everyone using capitals who isn’t playing for 12+ hours a day - with current state to move across 6-8 mids you need approximately 7 hours, waiting about 50-60 minutes after each jump (or 3 days if you do a jump once an hour) - after changes you’ll need around 3.5-4 hours (doable in single evening) and you are fatigue free and ready to fight the very next day. For large powerblocs that have logistics and financial backbone to just set up huge dread caches around EVE and fly pilots there with interceptors it removes some inconvenience; for everyone else wanting to start actively using caps it’s huge buff. Only people that might hate those changes are people avoiding caps anywhere outside mining/ratting anoms - because said small groups will be able to make reasonable deployment over span of 2-3 days to do a dreadbomb and then go back to their space.

2 Likes

One thing that worked miracles for meta, and ofc it gets removed by CCPL.

So something that has turned all of nullsec sov warfare into 500mn rapiers and instawarping ceptors was a good thing?

3 Likes

In your delusional world keepstar fight must have not happened.

Fozzie, i mean this in the best of intentions but you don’t have a clue.

Punishment to players for seeking out content in any form is just stupid. Whilst I agree with reducing force projection, you are once again papering over the cracks.

Why won’t you listen to us when we say “jump fatigue”, punishment, is not the answer.

everyone agrees that it needs iteration.

we are aiming to make a small but extremely significant change to Jump Fatigue

How can CCP consider a 95% reduction, “iteration?” Why not start with 50%, and plan to revisit this topic in 6 months? That’s iteration.

17 Likes

I’m pretty excited about this. While i realize it will bring a lot more risk with the potential to move capitals quicker it overall is a good thing for the safety net that people have gotten used to. Moving too quick like the pre-Phoebe mechanics is definitely something that was an issue, but I think the penalties for trying to move and proliferate force were to harsh. You shouldn’t be able to drop your caps etc and expect to be 100% safe under the umbrella of your home and I think this will put more pressure on people to gain intel on hostiles, use better fleet decisions on getting in completing the objective and getting out. Basically people were too safe and I think this is a good start to an inbetween where they can be safe, but still have to use other sources so they aren’t completely saved by jump mechanics and fatigue of others.

1 Like

Hahahaha…haha…ha…My body is ready for this. BUT TBF, I think 30min might be a little too short. Everyone has been complaining about capital proliferation, well like it or not, this is how you allow people to kill caps. You make it easy to drop them, and thus increasing the chance of their deaths and larger impromptu escalations occurring. We all saw how many caps died in the “$1,000,000” fight over 9-4 when everyone knew goons caps were coming north because it took hours and hours of move ops to do so. Those type of events just create stand-off scenarios.

2 Likes

First off i think it is awesome that finally after over 3 years some movement comes into the whole stuff.

But reduction of 95% is way too much. 75%, maybe 80% would have done imo. As it is now you can with some preparations move your whole super fleet at one day across the map. Thats way too easy.

4 Likes

I think the change goes in the right direction, but goes too far.

With a maximum effective cool-down of 30 mins per jump it will again be possible to move large cap fleet across the map to join up at any fight in any system. 2-3 hours lead is not that much time to move your caps into position.

2 Likes

please do this: the current way it’s displayed is not just somewhat counter-intuitive, it is tremendously counterintuitive. you don’t need to change anything about how it’s calculated, just subtract 10 minutes from the displayed time and presto, it is monumentally clearer about what the blue timer means (time until you can jump with zero penalty)

1 Like

Everyone talking about ‘95% reduction’ is missing the point. The effective practical and realistic change is that this is a doubling of travel speed. (50% effective reduction in waiting time)

2 Likes

30 mins max jump fatigue? Seriously?
This basically means you can remove jump fatigue as it wont affect anyone any more. Aspect of planning jumps will not be needed any more.
I suppose in march we will see again capitals dropping everything every 30 mins. And after that wait few hours and you can immediatelly jump over whole galaxy back to home…

2 Likes

Love this change. So much.

Wish it had been a week ago, just did a move op across the universe and it sucked balls.

1 Like

No, that’s a 30 min red timer. 5 hours of max fatigue.

And at a 30 min red timer, you won’t see any massive projection. Unless you plan on spending the next 2-3 hours fighting something.

2 Likes

So epic changes (I wish the system was more simple) still at least the day to day of being a capital pilot is going to be better.

I like that if people choose to push projection further out they are penalized by having to be potentially on grid for a long amount of time. But it gives fc the options to use bridges more liberally

1 Like

You don’t understand jump fatigue…

Travel currently is based around 1h jumps because that is the time for the Blue Timer to drop low enough that the Blue Timer it causes is less than 1h10m.

The proposed change makes the maximum red timer 30m instead of 10 hours.

I understand it quite well. I jump often, and just last week I did 9 near max distance jumps in succession with a carrier. It sucked, and it took several long days.

Yes… and… your point is what? I said 30 minute red timer, and a 5 hour blue timer (max). You said 30 minutes instead of 10 hours. It sounds very much like we’re saying the same thing.

2 Likes

I like it, but it seems to me, the pendulum is swinging a little too far. 1hr red timer would be good

3 Likes