[March] Jumping and Tethering Changes

You could always just dock in the Keepstar.

I guess one nice thing about structures compared to pos’s is that once its bubbled to hell you can’t save all your cap’s with a drebuchet. Also you cant see ships on d-scan that aren’t manned which is another nice bonus of removing pos’s

don’t worry I feel your pain on my sub 500kb/s speeds

Can anyone confirm this? I have heard it both ways, ‘single scram will prevent tethering’ vs ‘HIC scram or enough points needed to prevent tethering’.

@CCP_Fozzie Is this suppose to affect undocking at a structure? Just simply undocking from a citadel is forcing a 30 second timer.

I didn’t see this as a part of the blog.

Unlocking has always had an invuln timer. Can you confirm that there is a 30 second delay between that and tethering. And that you aren’t confusing timers.
@CCP_Fozzie with the number of timers now I think we need control over which we show otherwise you can have near 10 different timers which starts making them all meaningless from information overload

1 Like

Ah yes, You’re right. I guess after the patch I didn’t expect to see it kick a notification for up. 30 second invul or if you break it then you tether.

Agreed on the control over the number of timers.

Yes this was a new addition in this release, detailed in the patch notes:

1 Like

I think what he meant with that is that when you now undock, you don’t get tethered anymore unless the 30 seconds have run out. When you undock, for example, with an interceptor, this means that with some structures you can reach the end of tethering range before the 30 seconds timer runs out.

Not 100% sure but you should be able to Ctrl-space without loosing invuln, or just make an insta undock a few 100 km’s away to insta warp to after undock. This should only effect someone not paying attention.

This is correct. Stopping your ship doesn’t cancel invul. but even if it did, providing you do it within tether range you’d be instantly tethered :slight_smile:

Yeah this is true. I’m not sure how that’s any worse from before this though. Moving out of tether range will always make you a valid target.

1 Like

yea it does

this should not be a thing for a completely defenseless ship when system loading times are a factor

@CCP_Fozzie - tell me how this is balance ?
i know the guy who suffered this loss unsubbed 5 accounts the next day citing how you guys are way too biased in the favor of gankers

gates in highsec - gankers
undocking from a trade hub - gankers
cynoing in to a system with a jf - gankers

its called scouting first :]

1 Like

EvE is not dead - but man ccp goes a long way to ensure its not really fun sometimes - and things like endlessly catering to gankers is what will eventually kill it

there is zero safety for moving around a 10 billion isk ship of any kind

"scouting " is not really an acceptable response - scouting being the only option and “only act when no ones around” in no way seems remotely balanced to me…

why bother with a mmo if you have to do every single thing non combat or ganking related only when no one is around? might as well go the route of droon and unsub cause its not worth it - unless your a ganker of course… but then who will the gankers gank when ccp has given them the whole of the universe and everyone else is fed up and quits?

and even if you do scout the system your jumping into after you light light a cyno - anyone can come in and warp right to it - and during your 300 hour align time omg you end up ganked anyway…

Hahahahaha. So many people cant read. No docking change for dockable ships. Ive read several people worried about that.

T1 web on your cyno ship, web your JF into align.
This is an age old issue, nothing to do with Citadels, Citadels were a temporary buff to people jumping around, and have remained still a buff.

i mean JFs can just dock in any of them but when you use webs to move one use 3. even if you web right when they start aliening 3 will get it into warp no chance of putting one on to early

1 Like

Are you saying this freighter died because it took him over 60 seconds to load the system?

Did he jump to a Structure? And if so why didn’t he simply dock there as soon as the grid loaded?

Endless catering to gankers will kill Eve? Over the years, New Eden has pretty much only gone in one direction - safer - with endless nerfs to hunters and moving around made safer and safer. There wasn’t even jump drives at one point, nor were you allowed to jump into tether/dock range of upwell structures and dock with perfect safety. Yet, you claim that this development drift towards placating carebears was somehow “catering” to gankers, and that it is going to kill the game?

I can officially now say that people have been claiming that for 15 years now and yet the game keeps chugging along just fine. We are all each other’s content, and sometimes you will make a mistake or be outplayed, or maybe even just be incredibly unlucky lose a ship you didn’t want to lose. Sure, you can stamp your feet and rage quit when that happens, but it is an intended part of the game and working as intended. I fully believe that Eve wouldn’t have made it to 15 years if such loss wasn’t a possibility, and am fully of the mind that it is in fact these endless cries for safety, and the erosion to the core game play they have caused over the years, that is a bigger danger to the long-term health of the game, than people losing expensive ships and rage quitting.

Just follow the Golden Rule and don’t fly more than you can afford to lose and you can then laugh at any loss, or at least no loss will push you over the edge into rage quitting.

There is 100% safety for moving a jump freighter to an Upwell structure you control. You can go from an invulnerability timer to docking instantly, with zero window of risk. I don’t know how we got here, as that is sort of anathema to the core idea of the game and one I hope the devs eventually get around to fixing, but for now, you still have your 100%, perfectly safe jump freighter highways. That is a far cry above 0%.

2 Likes

The problem with this claim is that ignores the larger stockpiles of resources and optimisation that the gankers can achieve. Something that ‘newer’ (Read 1-5ish year players) aren’t going to have, because they haven’t been playing EVE for 15 years.
When people can throw a titan away in a ‘come and shoot it’ event and not even care, it’s very clear that some of those ganker style people have effectively endless pockets.

Yes, mechanics have changed over the years, but so has the Meta.