[March] Jumping and Tethering Changes

So, the timer for tethering actually does nothing and it’s still completely safe to jump from Citadel to Citadel.

@CCP_Fozzie Is this a fail before it’s even launched? - I say go for plan “b” and disallow cynos on grid with structures and make them scan-able.

Or just make it so that structures cant be anchored on the same grid as another structure :] then you can’t sit in safety and attack at the same time. King of the hill type scenario giving you the ability to decline enemies strategic systems and spots.

Bonus would be that we wont have massive structure spam on the overview.

so many “small entities” already can and do use supers and titans without a large powerblock. look at NSH, ivana, phew, rekkingkrew, snuff, tishu, etc the list goes on.

many people can and do use supers without needing a keepstar

tethering is op…not only for capitals but for subcapital ships too…u warp to citadel and upon landing while still decelerating you are already tethered and u didnt even enter circular lights.it tethers when you are not even 0m…this is too much people are protected like alaska bears…need some balance atleast u can make it wait for few seconds upon landing to fire up tethering or to be 0 m on structure

This will change when pos’ are removed thou, and super’s/titan’s will have no place to sit if not a keepstar.

1 Like

The amount of people not being able to read and comprehend these changes as well as acting like they can fly supers/jump freighters is outraging! Seriously, what is so hard about moving your stuff through NE? I mean, people moved their supers pre citadels with no PoS in the system. If you can fly a JF/Cap/Super you better go on SiSi and train how to use that ■■■■ or else risk feeding the ■■■■ in a stup1d way.
Personal suggestion: Move your BLOPs through hostile space like Test/Brave/Goon/PL space and not welp. When you´re comfortable doing that go up in ships and move them. Start moving your JF through low-sec where you can´t get bubbled. When you´re comfy, move to null-sec and train there. It´s not that hard but you will lose your ship here and there. Did I suggest SiSi already?
Last but not least, if your potato is so old that you can´t load grid within 30seconds just set the citadel as your desto and enable autopilot once you jumped (hint: there is a shortcut). By doing so, your ship will dock instantly after you jumped no matter how potato your mashine is. If you didn´t know about the usefulness of autopilot in instand docking situations you better not fly JF/Caps/Supers or actually do it and feed the hunters.

The fix is very simple.

1. No cynos can be lit with in tether range.

Result will be same as old pos cyno lights. The delay will be the time it takes your ship to move into tether range of citadel. Please no more timers governing my life in eve.

1. Create a docking none tether area so ships that can dock can do so immediately. This area is were cynos can be lit.

All of the old risk and we can GET RId of these POS in this game.

We could then move the JB and Cyno beacons And Cyno jammers and anchor them off of certain citidels. Then you could remove the old spaghetti code of pos for ever.

@CCP_Fozzie, while to a point i agree with these changes and i think they are for the better - i believe these changes should only go into effect for ships unable to dock at the citadel they are tethering at.

So for example - a carrier jumping to a fortizar wouldn’t get any delay in tethering since it can dock in that station.

But a capital jumping onto a astrahus would get the delay in tether since its unable to dock in that station.

This means that JF pilots and such won’t have to have heart attacks every time lag happens on the jump in and encourages corps/alliances/pilots to jump to the citadel that fits their ship class.

Also on a somewhat related note, i think you should consider creating a T2 Bowhead that has a jump range and docking comparable to a JF. As a CEO of a large corp in a major alliance, im telling you that it would be a major asset to have and allow for easier movement of combat ships to deployment zones. I know your not a fan of the bowhead but i really think a jump capable version of it would be extremely popular.

its called a carrier… or dread

yes and they have pretty small SMA’s when your dealing with battleships.

Thus i do not see a serious problem in making a t2 bowhead that can carry 6 or 8 fitted battleships in it.

a lot of people see issues with it… need to move a fleet to the otherside of eve in 30 mins, use 10 bowhead and titan bridge the rest in shuttles for no fatlue fleet moves

I fail to see the issue with that either. We are talking moving fit subcaps here, and a limited number at that, not 100 BB hulls at once.

Aside from the fact that your fears are baseless seeding a new staging system is already done via JF with repackaged hulls and mods ~7 at a time. There’s no logical reason why a T2 version of the Bowhead with similar or slightly better capabilities shouldn’t exist. Especially since it would allow for fleets to move and stage more easily, that makes it all the better in a game so sorely lacking in content currently. Maybe we can see groups pick up and move around and raise hell in a region for a while, then pick up and go poke at another a few weeks later.

Hell, in the past I could have seen the argument saying it’s too niche, but now we’re getting the Monitor so it’s safe to say nothing is too niche anymore.

Why don’t we just make any station that has had zero fuel for two weeks just pack themselves back up?

Or better yet you can’t create a cyno where you can’t anchor a can.

1 Like

I think this is a good idea for smaller citadels, but it should not apply to keepstars though. EVEN IF YOU CAN DOCK IN A KEEPSTAR, you would think that a 300bil+ structure would have the ability to instantly tether things. Otherwise, I don’t really see much of an issue.

@CCP_Fozzie i also don’t see why blackops or anything that can be bridged by blackops is effected by this change - if the whole point is to limit capitals and super capitals it should just be limited to them.

And as i posted above it should only effect ships that can’t dock in the citadel they are jumping to.

Is the removal of medium structure tethers(specifically in regards to super ratting) When the pos’s (eventually) get removed, is this intended to end super carrier/titan ratting in non keepstar/staging systems? or unintended consequence?

I’ve tried to read through the wall of posts, but there is one question I have that I can’t find an answer that relates to what constitutes ‘pointed’ for the purposes of preventing tether initiating 30 secs after the jump invulnerability timer ends.

So a super has warp core strength bonus giving strong resistance to warp disruption. Tether is prevented if super is ‘pointed’ before the 30 second tether delay. I am assuming that the strength of the disruption attempt needs to be sufficient that it would actually prevent the super warping in order to prevent the tether. The attacker should always have to risk a proportional value in order to stand a chance of preventing the tether.

Sorry if this has already been answered but it couldn’t find it.

1 Like

You need a HIC or a lot of scrams if you want to prevent a super cap from tethering.