[March] Jumping and Tethering Changes

To be fair, every MMO has small scale PVP. How many MMOs out there can say they shoved 6600 people into the same fight?

Of course, the game was horribly unplayable, but if they fix that… man what an exciting time to play Eve.

Small gang is fun, but it’s the differences that draw new people in. “Hey they do what everyone else does” isn’t nearly as exciting as “wait… 6600 people in the same fight? Shut up and take my money!”.

So does this benefit the space pirates more than they are already?
after all this game seems to have slid into the whole space pirate theme the last few years.

This is great.

One more change that needs to be added to that list:

Ships that are too big to dock in a structure CANNOT GET TETHERED TO THE STRUCTURE.

Make carrier/super ratting safety cost more than an unfit astrahus anchored in the system.

2 Likes

If they ever can. Fun little fact: In the past, CCP advertised with small scale combat and during that time, they attracted a whole lot more sustainable player growth then when CCP started focusing solely on big combat. Remember the Butterfly effect trailer? It focused for the majority of its play time on how one pilot can make a difference, how varied small scale is and what you can do, and only at the end culminated in the big battle. It was in those years when EVE saw the largest growth and kept those people in the game.
Now? Every now and then CCP advertises with huge battles and gets a spike of new or returning players, which leave the game after a short while because it is nothing like the advertisement promised. Advertising with these large battles does EVE no good at all.

1 Like

Agree 100%, blob warfare makes one feel so insignificant, good old days where 100% the opposite.

Hi, I’m autistic and I’d appreciate it if you didn’t use something you don’t understand as a synonym for “stupid”, thanks.

A) The block-tether debuff applies to the ship itself. It doesn’t matter if you are near a structure or not when you jump in, or if you warp or not. The debuff will be respected by all structures.
B) Once you dock, all buffs/debuffs are cleared (this uses the exact same buff system as the new Command Bursts that replaced fleet boosts). Thus if you can dock, then when you undock you will be automatically tethered again as normal. This also ensures you don’t have to worry about your (de)buff state in general when undocking (and also require a new Command Burst cycle after undocking, to keep things fair)

4 Likes

Good change. +1

This is the most important reason why this is a good change.

I also would not be against this.

1 Like

I like this change overall but I don’t think the purpose of it is to make JF logistics more of a pain. Perhaps a 75-100% reduction in tether timer for JFs? Yes I know they can dock at every structure but this would be more of a QoL change.

Yep. Exempting jump freighters from this entirely wouldn’t be an issue IMHO.

To be fair, he’s not talking about stupid. He’s talking about obsessive, which is very much an autistic quality. Yes, I say quality because I have an autistic friend who is an absolute savant on the topic of metallurgy. He’s so absolutely obsessed with the topic that he can focus on it for days. And it has served him very well, he has a great job at a shop.

He’s using it as an insult just the same as all the other illiterate morons. I don’t need to know more than that.

Why insert exceptions tot he code when it is literally not needed. Every ship will be running the same limitation (no tether after jumping for 30 second after invul is off). It keeps everything simple to keep it exactly the same for every ship.

There are still stations and outposts that also allow capitals to instantly dock. And shortening timer significantly will just make supercaps travelling on citadel networks untouchable unless you have already decloaked heavy dictor on fortizar grid when they jump (and who will jump next to decloaked heavy dictor?).

What about this:

Since Player Empires are always trying to anchor structures in enemy space, what if the delay in tethering, ONLY applied to structures that the ship is unable to dock in, and only in space that your alliance does not control. This would negate the ability for an enemy alliance to anchor a 500mil Raitaru in your space, and keep their capital fleet invulnerable between jumps. While still allowing Friendly industrials the ability to jump safely.

This would allow friendly ownership to anchor a single structure in a system that Ships could jump to, and gain instant protection. While invading fleets would be forced to expend large amounts of resources in order to create ‘beachheads’ within your space.

The idea behind sov ownership, is being able to provide perks to your members. If friendly ships have to deal with the same penalties as the enemy, then sov ownership is meaningless.

Why is it necessary to feed the groups that only want to kill caps in transit, and not in combat? This is the only benefit to this change is for hunter groups like wrecking crew or their russian counter parts, if you have weapons timer, can’t tether, can’t dock. if your pointed, can’t tether can’t dock. This literally only benefits scrubs that can’t fight fleet to fleet, and just act like vultures in the game hunting lone whales trying to move.

1 Like

This is a good point. I think people are looking for ways to hurt the big boys, like goons, by not allowing them to tether. But goons will move 50+ supers at a time, so only another big boy fleet is going to harass them. Removing tether or making caps more vulnerable after a jump hurts the little guy the most, as the “space vultures” will hunt the single jumpers out there.

1 Like

Need more triumvirate type alliance’s that aren’t afraid of not being blue to everyone.

I personally don’t understand what you’re getting at here querns, my potato-driven quantum computer laughs at your starch-based jokes.

1 Like