[March] The Monitor Flag Cruiser

Hmm, im actualy thinking about letting CCP add the ship, i will tackle the FC and keep him on the field for ever after the fleet fight is over.

& when ever i have 250 man, mac/nightmare/HAWdreads on field i will always alpha that FC ship just for the griefing of The FC’s deciding to fly the ship.

3 Likes

I very much like the idea there. After reading a bunch of comments complaining about the lack of killmail participation, I feel like it would be a good idea to let if fit a target painter.
I think giving it that ability would make sense, as a target painter is a big red laser pointer who tells others: “Shoot this guy”.
It would let them get on killmails, and if too powerful, simply make the painter ineffective. It would retain the visible red finger of death of alpha fleets, who, RP-wise, is awesome.

1 Like

explain in depth what exactly you are confused about? [please]

1 Like

Stop saying such things, its offensive, and it only shows how limited your point of view really is.
While i contradict myself and come up with useful comments the comunity can work on.

Hopefully there will be something like this.
Something awesome would be a target painter with little to no effect, so we can still enjoy to visual effect that comes with it, like “Shoot this guy” in visual form.

I understand where you’re coming from with this, but I think any attempt by CCP to hire people to train FCs would require first that they a)identify people who know how to train FCs, b)identify successful ways of training FCs that aren’t literally ‘throw them in the deep end of the shark tank and see if they can learn to eat sharks’.

A lot of the current ‘training’ for FCs in many of the groups in the game is basically that: ‘here’s your spear, here’s your oxygen tank, here’s your lead boot, we’ll come back later to see if you’re alive.’ It’s really hard to establish a solid training curriculum in a setting where RL schedules vary, and you can’t always make a regular class time—and if you can, that regular class period really has no way of guaranteeing a structured fight that won’t be crashed by a roaming group of griefers.

And that’s without getting into the issue of getting those people to move to Iceland, or being able to pay them, or being able to make sure they’re not just training up their friends while still making sure you don’t come down on the employee if the only people willing to put themselves through the PITA of a rigorous, scheduled training program are people already trust the guy…

There’s a reason it’s something each group is doing on their own, rather than having it centrally run from Reykjavik.

Sorry Fozzie, with all my respect to you but this trully might mean this:
“one dude want bad such a ship and we will do it for him… well and for some of his friends”.

This ship (as any) must be open for everyone whichever characteristics it has.

To make invincible anchor for squads is sort of ruining the game. How can you speak about balance after this.

:-1:

that is funny

Also, inb4 content invloves sitting around looking at each other before screaming obscenities in local and buggin out back home :stuck_out_tongue:

@CCP_Fozzie Can we get FC ship as a free event gift? not many will die so the price will be low for a long time while still being a limited number of ships available just like a Gecko.

This gives CCP a ton of time to validate if the ship is usefully and if it destroys the game it will automatically be fazed out in a worst case scenario.

It’s far from invincible. It’s got the HP of a Command Ship, IF you have all your cruiser skills to 5 AND the Flag Cruiser skill to 5.

And I’ve seen Command ships vanish in less time than it took their logistics to lock them. Remember the double-edged sword of that tiny, tiny signature: when the enemy starts shooting you, they’ve already got you locked. Any logistics who don’t… need to lock you. I hope nobody hit your logi with an ECM burst or 20 from a small gang of Claws right before the order came in to volley the FC.

Put these on the field in a large ifght. They’ll die. They’ll die in droves. They’ll get a reputation for being the fleet’s meatshield, because it’s ‘make an overview with just Monitors on it, lock them all up, let’s go down the headshot list’.

2 Likes

The FC ship for STREAMERS makes sense, They get headshot, people watching don’t like it, they get no show, CCP gets no hype. its a viewer to money thing.
However I am really disgusted by the fact that Alliances only train 1 FC and now that 1 FC is just going to sit and stay on field. like… TRAIN more replacement FCs, you think in real combat a LT gets shot we all pack that ■■■■ up and go home? Oh man that was the only captain we had, better go back to base until we can buy and reship a new one!?
I hope CCP gives out thousands of these to the streamers just to spite headshotting alliances, or makes the cost something like 10k trit so they are dirt as cheap.

Can we get a Bay of 2m3? Big enough for 200 Nanite Repair Paste so the FC can overheat their prop.

1 Like

So it’s a ship that is for nothing but bullet soak…

cartman_lame-1046

2 Likes

The ship with mighty body but :wheelchair:️ and how I suppose to support a fleet without command mods… I simply dunno what is that for… A bad joke which turned to be an awful ones.

You claim that the will ruin the game, but didn’t explain how.

I am hoping that a ship designed for an FC to use in Fleets, would at least require some sort of Wing Command or Fleet Command skill level?

Otherwise, it is now just an expensive Troll ship.

4 Likes

I remember once making a threat about ways to improve the ability of logistics to get on killmails (like give the drones a speed, survivability and engagment range bonus but reducing their dmg significantly or giving them a highslot that can only be filled by a turret) and people’s response was “If you wanna get on kms don’t fly logi”.

I bet the set of people that replied to my thread and the set of people asking for a way for monitor pilots to get on killmails in this thread have some common elements. :slight_smile:

I think it’s good that it exists so FCs that try to run their fleet in squishy battleships or forget to turn on their hardeners or whatever can’t complain about being headshotted afterwards. I don’t think it will experience much useage.

1 Like

I dont see how does this makes any sense… Basically the speed is locked on it. You cant really boost it. Maybe with playing meta games with the mwd or ab for different speed setups. But other than that ur speed is pretty much locked (Max speed). Now i dont know if you guys were ever been in a fleet fight but 99% of the time the whole fleet is anchored on the FC. Now this will limit the speed of the fleet to basic mwd or ab speed. This alone will reduce the usage of the ship by 80%. Not to mention that it will be doing what exactly? You can do what in it? Fleetwarp? Done? You “design” a Cruiser that can have up to 500k ehp and also do dank fleetwarps. Sounds useful.

• No Scanning
  • No drone aggro
  • Nothing

If the FC is concerned about headshotting just sit in a Damnation and have a logi wing whos added him on watchlist. If the fight is big eough to HS a damnation its big enough to have multiple FCs.
I dont really see the problem to which this ship is the solution to.

If you want to do anything. Add a bonus to existing command ships with reduced webification effect and a warp strenght that lets you use mwd even if hardpointed. That would make headshotting FCs a lot harder.

• 15% Webification resistance per commandship level
  • +1 MWD Strenght per command ship level

You can reduce the speed at which you are flying by clicking in the hud on the speed display. That way you can slow the ship down to get the same speed as the other ships in the fleet. If you fly ships that are faster than 1000m/s you normally don’t anchor, at least in my experience.

I get the idea. But no matter how you look at it, the stats of this ship are just plain silly. It’s the same hull as the Enforcer, which can fit launchers, turrets, a cloak and a cyno, and has 300m2 cargo… and now this version suddenly doesn’t have any of that? How does that make sense? Even a damn shuttle has a cargo bay. Yes, I get that it would be an ungankable small items transport ship in high sec if it had, but for Jove’s sake, think of something else.