Mass test on Singularity: Thursday, December 14th, 2017

Sorry. Can’t say that “Vital info is hidden and scattered” is a convincing argument for something that could have been easily clarified in half a line of a parenthesis.

I mean, unless one is actively trying to self-sabotage their own testing runs. Making a complex gaming experience is ok, encouraged even. Making the testing of your product unnecessarily obscure and/or needlessly over-complicated, however… Can’t say it comes out as really productive. And I’m talking in the interest of the developers of said fixes and add-ons themselves here.

If you want people to follow instructions, it’s in your best interest to make said instructions as clear as possible.

You are absolutely correct, we keep hoping that CCP will learn this lesson. There used to be a useful wiki, which was pulled as it was too expensive to keep upto date.

@CCP_Habakuk will hopefully read this conversation and update the Test server info threads.

1 Like

I’m glad my feedback wasn’t taken as an attack and instead was taken into consideration (or at least I hope it is). I know how difficult it can be sometimes to consider criticism, even if it was meant with good intent.

Apologies if I came too strong in the eyes of some, since it was not my objective. Just trying to be clear with what I felt could be done to improve the experience of newer players, specially in a game that can be so “daunting” for those at the entry level like this one.

Done whining? Because the info ALREADY EXISTS on the Sisi webpage, which includes the usual systems, the secret codewords, gotta wait for a mirror, etc. And since every other post here is whining about not getting logged in, since the poster couldn’t be bothered to actually READ the current existing info, it gets tiresome to read the same old rant.

The best thing new players can do is spend time reading, or search for a new game — that pic above is pretty accurate of the effort to learn and SISI is the best place to try stuff, very cheap goods, uncrowded, instant OMEGA status (well spend some isk for PLEX and poof) and simply being present at a Test gets a nice boost. That is reward enough, since I’d say my learning jumped a couple quantum levels once I got to SISI. This is not a game that you master in a few days, it’s the best thing about it.

1 Like

I’m sorry. I don’t think you deserve a serious response.

If you consider polite feedback “whining”, then I’m not particularly interested in wasting my time. You’re clearly not suited to answer newcomer’s inquiries and doubts. The two people before you are. I’ll stick to them.

Have a good run.

P.S: If you read the same rant everywhere, that’s pretty much my point. There is an issue of communication that could be easily solved with a mere clarification. Hey! See? Even you managed to join the dots, even if you didn’t realize it yet. Good job!

Also it would be good to upgrade all Alphas to Omega ? :wink:

already possible, think about how when EVERYTHING is 100isk… well almost everything, faction/deadspace stuff probably not

I like SISI a lot, because as you say you can try everything without being bothered. It is also a place where you can hone your skills!

And I love it that everything is so cheap. Can build a battleship for a few thousand ISK!

Can you please make a mass test of how fun everyone would have if you would totaly redo the sov mechanics to something that players acually like?

Thanks for participating in the mass test! 2 million skill points have been applied to 339 characters on Singularity.

Sorry again for the login issues to Singularity, which we had just before the mass test.

I’ve read through the rest of this thread and I’ll see how we can improve the information in the future without adding too much text, which would then be ignored anyway.

2 Likes

:rofl:

I was present and even killed :slight_smile: no reward for me it seems =( unlucky

Please be aware that the reward is only for Singularity (as already mentioned in this thread here) and your character has received skill points as far as I can see.

My bad then. Was already driving rattlesnake in my dreams on Tranquility :smiley:

See? This was my point.

Anyways, glad the test went well. Until next time!

I may have been too late due to a computer crash but just want to let you know everything unloaded and loaded just fine but I saw a lot of carcasses/wrecks so I know I missed the fleets. Thanks for the opportunity :slight_smile:

So, ok, long time Sisi player and Eve… 5th alt of 5 :wink:

How did I miss the mass test? I was in system, on time, 15:00 by game clock. How’d I miss it, and a bunch in local as well?

Are our clocks off?

Emilu

want mass tests? for this we need to do the following. 1 give pilots all the opportunities no limits. 2 give pilots large skill injector no limits. 3 make a mirror every 2 weeks. then there will be grandiose mass tests who have not seen the skies EVE. WITH RESPECT isevisa isevisa.

I did the test but did not receive the sp. did I do something wrong? how do you know if it registered your participation?