Mature Language Filter

Because discussion usually involves all sides of a topic. Usually this is how progress is made, ideas refined, problems solved, etc. But obviously it seems you’re the kind of person who only wants to hear what you’d like to hear.

How fitting that you started a thread on censorship.

Censorship? As I said before, who wants to use it turns it on, who doesn’t turns it off.
People can choose, like on other games where you can find a mature filter too.

This topic is about adding dictionary to the filter that already exist in game as suggestion, not about me or how I deal with a specific situation.

This has been your contribution to this topic so far.

Take the posts of Arcanith Lionheart for example, good example of healthy contribution, ideas.

On the other side you have posts like yellow parasol wrote, then you take your own conclusions.

If you know how to interpret English, I’m sure you know the difference between having the opportunity to choose and change something at any time and censorship.

Or you could set it yourself since the average age of an EVE player is late 20s. Adults don’t need this feature.

meh, this is eve…to quote someone famous

Originally by: CCP WranglerYou’re not supposed to feel like
you’re logging in to a happy, happy, fluffy, fluffy lala land
filled with fun and adventures, thats what hello kitty online
is for.

1 Like

Learn to live with it (since this is not against any rules) or quit and find some games for kids if you don’t want see how adults talks.

hello kitty online still looking for players

Now now, let us not get to that point. Just because you say certain words Definitely does not make you more mature than an adult.

Freedom of speech is all good and dandy, Beatriz is only asking for a way of censoring her chat without going through the effort of filling up a list.

But let us all be honest, even though EvE is not the place where you pick flowers and prance around with unicorns, words do affect people to a certain degree.

Now, I cannot talk by my experience how the EvE community is, I myself do not have a good time approaching people because I get hindered for being naturally shy, but in other communities, where the toxicity is Very noticeable without even saying a word, it goes to a very deep and dark extreme, and some people all they want is an escape from their life which is harsh enough, so to go and play something they like and be confronted by these toxic people is just enough to make them take bad decisions.

You could say “But the Block button is there to avoid these sort of things, just block whoever harasses you.”, which is true, some people have an easy time of saying “You are not worthy of my time, goodbye” however there are others where they just cannot handle it anymore.

I am by no means saying to start regulating the chats or forbid people of saying what they want please keep that in mind, just saying that what Beatriz wants is perfectly acceptable to propose an idea of having the option to click a button and Boom, no more bad words for that person, problem solved, see a lot of stars coming from someone? Not a good person, Boom, blocked. The filter is already there, but needs to be manually done, all she wants is an option already prepared for that.

1 Like

There is lot of mature words dictionaries. She can just import it to EVE. This probable won’t take much time.

The number of people who don’t get the point by the third post is something, but hey, adults right? lol.

Each post speak for itself.

It was a pleasure to read the good contributions, thanks Arcanith Lionheart.

I going to join the list of people overusing the block option, this topic confirmed sometimes it’s pointless to suggest something when people that act like adults don’t get it.

Enough examples showing why with setting up a filter won’t fix anything when the “problem” it’s the attitude of the player, and how they make a problem out it when they don’t get the idea for fun/attention/whatever.

You make only problem. If you don’t want see this type of language use word filter in game or block account that start using it. CCP won’t change this after so much years of EVE.

EVE is hard as life. Don’t be angry on us because we just try show you how this universe works.

Yeah and I get that, however, when I started playing it was not clear to me where I could find the filter, only after clicking the cog on the wheel I understood that All chat related options are on a cog that says “Channel Settings” when you hover your mouse over it. If you press Esc and go to the Chat options there its only about Voice chat and a tick box to reject invitations, that’s it. In my opinion, I think the filter needs a bit more clarity on where it is since the majority of times you go to the Settings menu to set that up, not on the channel you’re typing on in a tiny cog. So the idea of having a tick box with a preset of words to censor automatically isn’t that much of a bad idea, does not hinder freedom of people and the option is there for the people who can not find the cog. Find words that are bad and not in the preset list? Suggest the word to be added in Or personally add it to the word filter.

Or shove the Filter words on the Settings menus since by nature it is where you find them when you’re playing something else. The rest, like the portraits and font size and other channel customisation things are all fine in individual channels to give us more power on how separate channels work.

Again I will state that I am Not saying freedom needs censorship, just add more clarity to where we can customise our own filters and maybe a tick box in the settings menu to censor a few words on the Client side that ticked said box.

1 Like

Angry? First it’s the internet, second people don’t understand the idea by the third post then it’s not my fault and come to the thread making fun/dramatising/whatever, EVE is great, some specific players attitude not so much, word filter won’t fix that, block will and this thread just proves that.

I wouldn’t call it how this universe works, there’s a lot of awesome people in EVE no doubt of that, but there’s also a lot of salt too. But at the end of the day if you don’t read the salty ones, it will just make a better experience while playing EVE, even thou it’s fun to see people losing billions.

And in RL you see and met only awesome people all the time?

I just focus on the good ones, life is too short to waste time with salty ones. Good thing the salty ones know how to behave in society but it must be the laws or something, if we could remove them for a day i bet some weird things would happen.

What you’re asking here goes waaay beyond the scope of a language filter. What you’re looking for is a safe space so all those virgin eyes don’t have to be exposed to all the naughty things people might say. To that I say don’t have your chat window up, especialy in a major tade hub. People can be pricks, especially in a world of anonymity such as the internet. That, unfortunately, is the world we live in. You have to just deal with it, or find yourself a bubble to live in.

1 Like

Yes, as it was demonstrated before, a mature filter won’t fix anything since the cause is a specific player salty attitude towards something, block will.

A filter would only hide the salt never get rid of it.

So apply this to EVE. This maybe is to hard for video game but since 99% things in EVE are created by humans, this game is like RL. There are god and bad people. I also don’t like mautre language so I ignore persons that use it or just block them.

Fun thing about EVE, even thou in my opinion is by far the best MMO i ever played with a fantastic potential in it, it’s also the one where i reached the highest number blocks on a game with what highest average age versus 99.9% of all the other games?

Seems also having a big list of blocks is kinda “normal” here.

1 Like

You need to ask yourself if the game is the problem or if it’s you. I’ve been playing for five years and don’t have a single person blocked.

I agree there’s a lot of salty players in EVE. The irony that you’re calling others salty though, isn’t lost on me.

The game? Sure it isn’t unless the AI of NPCs is so damn good that i never noticed i was talking to a NPC, which i’m sure it isn’t the case.

About the gaming community in geral we both know it has every type of person in it. Some specific player that play EVE, may be the problem? Sure it can happen, i’m sure i’m not the first person finding someone typing salty or offending others, and then decided to mute them, because there’s no point keep reading it, specially when you’re on a NPC corporation and you’re stream it on big TV on living room with others watching it.

I usually keep the game and players the play the game in two different groups, a game doesn’t have to pay the price if it has salty or problematic players or gain good or bad reputation based on a large percentage specific type of players.

I can be a lot of things, be nice and i will be nice, be sarcastic and i will be sarcastic, be salty and i will be salty or instant block.