Mature Language Filter

You really need to have a thinner skin if you’re going to play multiplayer games.

Relax and don’t take things in a video game so personally. Problem solved.

Thicker is the word you’re looking for, not Thinner.

2 Likes

derp. yep. that’s the one I meant.

1 Like

You already have a block feature. More than this is censorship.

I guess you didn’t understand the concept i suggested before. Give it a reread if you care, you will understand why it’s not a censorship.

■■■■ you. Filters are bad enough in the forums.

1 Like

HEY!

Saying ■■■■ isn’t allowed. ■■■■■■■■ isn’t allowed either! Asshole is fine, though. ■■■ is forbidden, but whore isn’t. vagina and penis aren’t either. dipshit isn’t censored as well. mot******ker isn’t being censored, i’ll do that myself.

Damn, so many evil words. Evil, i say! the devil himself made me do this, i am unable to resist the urges of freedom he keeps injecting into my brain! Please help me! Please!

For the betterment of mankind, forbid everyone to healthily express his emotional state! only in a fully controlled, fully censored totalitarian society, where every “negative” emotion is being suppressed, only then we can all live in a fantastic dystopian reality blessed with happy thoughts and smiles everywhere!

it’s a good thing, really! eventually language will be reduced into a state where we can’t express feelings at all, because someone always gets offended by something! wouldn’t that be amazing for everyone?:smiley:

1 Like

Nowadays people choose to be offended by anything

1 Like

Sad fact is that this is really close to the mindset of a totalitarian. no rational thinking, no inspection or understanding of one’s own feelings and personality. it’s always the other people’s fault. Worrysome.

1 Like

:popcorn:

1 Like

Funny. You just described my ex-wife :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Quoting for irony.

As to the original poster: I’d just grow some thicker skin, or get typing into that profanity filter (can you cut and paste from a common corpus of words into a game file?). Also, it’s a bit weird to complain that kids are using words which are too ‘mature’…

Finally, it’s probably best you don’t converse too much with Grath Telkin.

Off is the direction in which the OP should perambulate while simulating fornication.

1 Like

:popcorn: :laughing:

Damn.

Btw loved the escalation 10/10.

:popcorn:

Again, the filter is already implemented on the game, it doesn’t have the dictionary already included on it(which is what i suggested plus with the option to turn it on and off on specific channels) and yet, with the discussion on forum it clearly demonstrated that the dictionary wouldn’t fix what in my opinion it’s the problem for me, not other players, and block will.

Also what i was suggesting was something like:

Player A says: F*CK (with U instead of )
Player B sees: **** (if he CHOOSES to leave the option on)
Player C sees: F
CK (if he CHOOSES to leave the option off) (with U instead of *)

Which is already implemented on the game, with no dictionary thou, but even if it had one would bring better chat quality, wouldn’t get rid of the salt. And it’s not about being offended, because it’s the internet, but if i can avoid to read trashtalking i will take it on every situation.

It’s getting a bit tired and boring to explain the same thing over and over again.

Glad you liked the escalation. i believe it provides one strong argument against premade dictionaries. :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s how it usually works. The forum censor makes this a bit messy, but i get it. Still, i do not see the point of having a premade dictionary, banning specifically picked words by default. That’s bad, no matter if it’s on by default, or if it isn’t. There’s also no way of covering every single word, in every language, and suddenly the name Dick might be censored as well.

There simply is no base for this request. for whatever reason people need to shield the real world off of their minds (the mindset here really is worth looking deeper into it, my statement about totalitarians wasn’t made just so), people can and should be expected to deal with it themselves.

The block function really is the way to go, if there is someone seriously not stopping insulting/etc. you. anything else will just lead to a bad situation in the long term, because newer generations will see the status quo as norm and feel offended by whatever words that aren’t censored yet.

Fun fact: the last forum censored penis, but not vagina. that’s actually sexist. :grin:

As long each player has the opportunity to choose if they want to use it or not, choose which channels where they want to use it, edit if they need to, i don’t see the problem with it. But then again this won’t fix specific players salty attitudes, but would bring better chat quality eventually.

And i wouldn’t call this censorship as it was called before.

forgive me my curiosity; are you from the US? i don’t mean starting any arguments, or continuing the thought. it’s circumstancial curiosity. thank you for your time, one way or another.

Nope.

1 Like

You do realize this is Eve right? One of the most toxic playerbases in the Internet… one where people are flat out encouraged to lie, scam, cheat, and piss all over the accomplishments of others… right? The one where you’re perfectly welcomed to gank innocent freighters in highsec for lulz.

I would be quite frankly shocked to go a single day in Eve without seeing trash talking in some fashion. It’s just white noise, easily ignored.