Mcopiate for CSM

Opi for CSM!

Hey im just a heavily armed, drug addicted, autistic, ex military, mental health patient, what could possibly go wrong?

A little about me, ive been playing eve since 2011, with 255m sp at time of writing
Im ceo of a small corp named the Asylum Misfits
We mostly like to mine moons and pvp in small groups of garmurs

I started life in highsec, tried to pvp right away in nearby low, realised i needed a way to fund it, and got into mining pyroxers/scordite/veldspar mostly to fund my adventures and that of the Asylum, as well as alot of work hiring mercenarys to crush any enemys we made, often times the target never knew it was us, or atleast not until they were to weak to fight back anymore (this was long before current mechanics and requireing a structure to declare war)

This went on for a few years till our spanish friends dragged us out to wicked creek with test, that was fun, until one of our members was insulted (called a foul name) and we demanded an apology, we escelated it until the leader of test formed a fleet to kick us out, as they were jumping into system my carrier jumped to safety by means of a sympathetic test member right under the noses of the hostile test fleet

Then we went back to highsec for a bit, but the taste of null stuck, and we quickly moved out to NRDS space (not red, dont shoot) in providence where we eventually got into the new moon mining, mainly mining ones others couldnt due to hostile activity, this put Asylum on the map in terms of isk generation and we stayed until the collapse of CVA and providence

we then spent a couple months in wormhole space, this was a disaster and we developed space dementia… anyways then we went back to providence where we stayed with Arton as i was on good terms with their CEO, while we made alot of money at the time, the experience was poor, so we then moved north to pureblind to be with our russian friends, and we pvped against Brave alot until they became blue due to the war with frat/horde, this eventually earned us an invite and weve been with brave ever since

I consider myself a miner for the most part, just one that stared at an asteroid too long

You can usually find me running the Brave standing fleet which i try to get up asap
after downtime and keep up as long as im able

Ill try to answer any questions as best as im able on this thread

3 Likes

Hi,
I’ll keep this brief as I’m posting on my main.
How do you see yourself going forward as a member of CSM? What changes would you make towards increasing content and reducing the amount of stagnation between 3 blocks.
What is your opinion on the current rollout and planned updates of Equinox? The patch notes to introduce equinox were “reinvigorating nullsec” right now the changes and planned updates seem to want to add to stagnation and instanced PvP/pve.
How do you feel that as a miner; a Cyno jammer and an ansiblex are currently (including rounding) almost 1.6 times cheaper then running an ore anomaly or pirate upgrade.
Also, as theoretically a Brave Candidate. How do you think you’ll stand outside the crowd with Jinx. What would you do differently to the current Nullblock Members (Alcoholic Satan, Storm delay, Kenneth, Kazanir, Darkshines & Luke) what do you think they could have tried to improve on this term?
How do you see yourself engaging with current/potential voters? As I see it only Darkshines seems to currently interact with anyone outside of their block membership.
What changes would you like to see added that encourage more people into Nullsec?

Opi is our one true overlord. I will follow you to hell and back o7

1 Like

Hero general and fleet lord . our leader and centre of corp operations . indeed a man to be reckoned with!!!
all hail OPI . may the force remain strong .

\

well, if thats what you call short ide hate to see long,

i think most of your questions can be answered with i think they should let us raid the new moon drills, i dont like seeing entire regions becoming passive farms for the blocks, and would like to make that unfeasible as well as raiding moon goo would just be fun

Opi is a down-to-earth, friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful leader. He really embodies leadership while remaining one of us.

Opi has been around, he’s seen things, and lived through Eve’s history. He has seen how bad things can be, and how to bring about good change.

A vote for Opi is a vote for the everyman who needs ISK and content. Knowing CCP’s latest approach to Skyhooks and Metenoxes firmly puts passive income into the hands of every null-bloc with no appreciable way to touch it. What are we gonna do? Burn every opponent’s hundreds of Skyhooks or thousands of Metenoxes?

Opi has made known his stance on letting whole sections of space be nothing but money farms. These spaces could and should be places for the lowly grunt to mine, do PVE, or even fight over sovereignty. We can count on him to put forward our concerns in a manner that shows understanding over how Eve has evolved to this point, as well as a vision for how Eve should look in the future.

@Mcopiate Do you support hiring (EVE Vanguard) Warclone Mercenaries as an attack/defense vector in Capsuleer conflicts? Like attacking/defending Planetary Infrastructure, Skyhooks/POCOs and Upwell Structures?

As a CSM would you try and pitch for CCP to make stack multi-split (splitting a stack of items into multiple stacks of same size in one go instead of just on split at a time) happen?

hey ty for your questions, i do fully support the interconnection between games, i think its a really neat idea and would definetly encourage further development on that front!

as for multi splitting, thats an interesting idea i hadnt considered before, im so accustomed to shift drag lol, its not a bad idea, but how do you foresee it? maybe an option could pop up when you shift drag to split multiple stacks?

i could definetly put it on the list

1 Like

O7 Mcopiate,

Last year I asked eight questions and then compiled the answers into a huge mega-thread. It was massive. With the exception of MILINT_ARC_Trooper, no one had a thread bigger than mine, to be fair MILINT_ARC_Troopers’ thread was so weighty and knowledgable it teetered on the edge of collapsing into its’ own core.

That catalogue of replies is now a time-capsule and encapsulated within are the hopes and disappointments that CSM 18 candidates considered worth speaking about during the year of EVE’s 20th anniversary.

The responses gave voters en masse an opportunity to test and compare each hopeful CSM 18 candidates commitment to their claims of being community oriented, knowledgable, responsive and representative of player values. Given that the CSM does not directly control any aspect of EVE’s development and that the successful candidates are those that can identify existing and future consequences, co-operate with other CSM members, and communicate issues -from a player perspective- to CCP staff one-to-one, I’ve formulated a set of questions designed to seperate the compressed ORE from the Long-Limb Roes in this years election race.

Year-on-year the Independent Representatives, Solo players with single accounts, Worm Holers, Triangle People, Semi-nomadic Role-Playing Sandbox Explorers, and Salvagers, have been organising and gaining traction against the self-secure Null-Bloc Empire Candidates and their vast hordes of leather-skinned, evil, flying-monkeys. More-and-more players are choosing to vote in members they believe can positively impact CCP’s approach to the game regardless of their in-game affiliations.

Exposure matters, who are you, what is your clue?
As was the process last year I will post each candidates reply in a super thread, first-in first-served.

This years questions:

1. What ONE identifiable consequence requires CCP’s attention?

2. What PROVABLE evidence can you supply to support your belief in this situation?

3. What practical, and balanced change can be made to support a solution if any?

4. What support do your observations have from other CSM candidates?

5. How will you present your findings to CCP?

If you have already identified and spoken about a problem in your CSM candidacy bio at the top of this thread feel free to copy pasta that response where applicable. I’ll copy paste directly from your response to this post. Choose your goblet…. wisely.

Let the games begin, and may the odds ever be in your favour.

well, like ive already said, i dont like seeing entire regions becoming passive isk farms for the null blocks

would try to change that, i think by allowing us to raid the new drills would go a long ways to making that approach unfeasible