Alcoholic Satan for CSM 18

My Eve Story

I started my journey in New Eden in April of 2016. After about a week of putzing around hisec, I took the recommendation of reddit to join Pandemic Horde (PH), after seeing this video https://youtu.be/T9yZnKieUhA where I’ve happily been for 7 years now. I started my humble beginnings ratting in catalysts around O1Y-ED in Fade and gate camping the 8S28-3 regional in K4Y that led to Guardians of The Galaxy space in Deklein with my fellow Hordelings.

Soon months had passed, PH had expanded into Pure Blind in addition to living in Fade, and the remnants of World War Bee #1 were still seen strewn about Fade and Pure Blind with astrahus’ anchored, some even completely unpowered, all over the place. During a time where not many people had even began to grind through structures, I took it upon myself to start giving all the structures within Horde space a rapid unplanned disassembly. Moas were my choice of weapon. Due to the neut power of the astra’s with void bombs, we had to come up with some creative osprey fits who’s sole purpose was to keep people capped up and their hardeners on. After that job was completed, I turned my attention to POCO bashing and ADM raising, things I still do today for better or worse, which led me to create a sig within Pandemic Horde known as Seabeans.

I soon became a member of the Newbean Initiative (NBI) in PH and began helping newbeans in all facets of eve such as joining fleets, getting started with initial income generation, teaching game mechanics and writing guides. Along with that, I headed the now defunct Skybeans program where the goal was to teach people who may have been too timid to FC on their own to FC, provide handouts and backseat them on roams.

After that I basically filled my time leading fun roams around space and taking part in the lowsec moon fights with Snuffed Out prior to the Moon Update. My next adventure was Rorqual mining during the golden age of Rorquals, where I created Horde’s Rorqual group; dodging dread bombs gating into BWF from Oijanen and Goon dreads in FDZ, and the boogyman Pandoralica himself with his stuka fleets. It was also at this time that I became a director for the corp A Blessed Bean within Horde, and an alliance director. Eventually we grew Rorqual Beans into Horde’s home defense umbrella that everyone that is in Pandemic Horde has come to know and love as Pankrab that I still run today with an amazing team.

My Area of Expertise

• Capital/Supercapital/BLOPs defense umbrella tactics
  • Capital and Supercapital PVE
  • Rorqual and subcap multibox mining
  • Concord Rogue Analysis Beacons
  • SOV Mechanics
  • Wealth Generation
  • Running a 30k character alliance and all that goes with it
  • Structure and POCO bashing
  • Guiding new players through the game

While the above is what I know most about, I have dabbled in almost everything such as industry, exploration, salvaging, market pvping, FCing roams, and whaling.

Why am I applying for the CSM

This game has consumed me for 7 years. Flat out, I love this game and want to see it thrive for as long as possible. I’m always looking for things to do, and trying new things within the game. I saw what my predecessor CSM representatives have done before me, and I want to contribute to the success of the game and continue to advise CCP on problems and pain points within the game to see Eve continue for another 10 years and more.

What can people expect from me on the CSM?

As Horde’s resident Captain for Team Hopium, I know that CCP can continue to make good decisions and this past year definitely shows it, but they still need people to also help bring light to the bad that still needs to be fixed. I’ve spent the last 5 or so years coming home from a fulltime job to train FC’s, teach crabs, assist new players and beans, making sure that everything runs as smoothly as possible while fulfilling my leadership responsibilities and I’d like to bring that dedication to the CSM. I also have a reputation for spending the time researching and consulting with experts on topics to improve my knowledge base when discussing a topic that I am unfamiliar with. Since New Eden is full of so much content, I will continue this practice which will help provide the best feedback from/to CCP and players as possible.

Goals for CSM 18

Some of the things I’d like to work towards is getting better tools for corp management and working on improving some of the things most recently introduced like the corp projects. There’s also some issues with CRABs that still need to be resolved that I’d like to really push and finally fix the price of CRABs and the rats’ instant fragging of fighters without giving you any recourse. I would also advocate for buffing nullsec asteroid anomalies to allow for more collaboration of mining fleets and more whaling of those same mining fleets. This may include the changing of some of the rocks found within the anomalies and/or the size of the asteroids within them. Lastly, I’d like to get CCP to start doing regular balance and meta updates in the game once again, even if just small changes to ships every once in a while to keep things fresh and interesting.

Vote for Alcoholic Satan

Cast your vote for me, and let’s shape the future of New Eden together. A vote for Alcoholic Satan is a vote for a brighter future for Eve. With your support, we can address critical issues, make meaningful changes, and chart a course towards Eve Forever.

5 Likes

I’d prolly be running under ya if I hadn’t turned to the Triangle Side.
Solid post, looking forward to your campaign.

1 Like

@Alcoholic_Satan would you back any idea mentioned below as CSM member?

1. Insane idea - pay with PLEX in NES for extra dev time
  2. Quafe+ is from "biomass" (...or corpse reprocessing)
  3. Little things / Small QoL suggestions - Better Visibility Of Other Players’ PI Networks
  4. Little things / Small QoL suggestions - 13 requests for Stack Split enhancment since Jun’18
  5. Little things / Small QoL suggestions - PI KB-shortcuts for toggling between groups of structures

Only things I really agree with here is part of the suggestion from number 1 that suggestions should probably be organized a bit better outside of just having a singular thread and allowed to be voted on by the community. The way twitch does this is actually super clean and makes getting feedback and suggestions to the devs much easier. You can take a look at what it looks like here https://twitch.uservoice.com/.

As for suggestion 4, being able to split multiple stacks of items at the same time would be nice, though I don’t really think you need a stack all button. The right click suffices IMO, but I could see why people would want it.

1 Like

Satan is the living proof that battle hardened veterans and huge alliance top brass can still remain decent people, showing patience, understanding, passion and dedication without their competence turning them into toxic monsters of holier-than-you bitterness.

He’ll be a great CSM rep, and I’m sure CCP will treasure his communication skills.

1 Like

@Alcoholic_Satan

1. What has CCP got correct?
  2. What has CCP got incorrect?
  3. What do you wish existed in-game that doesn’t?
  4. What exists in-game that you wish didn’t?
  5. What exists in-game that you think ought to continue to exist?
  6. What doesn’t exist in-game that you hope never comes into existence?
  7. How would you improve PI?
  8. How would you improve the entire corporation UI?

“I’m always looking for things to do, and trying new things within the game. I saw what my predecessor CSM representatives have done before me, and I want to contribute to the success of the game and continue to advise CCP on problems and pain points within the game to see Eve continue for another 10 years and more.”

Null Sec is stagnant with mega alliances like yours that do not want to address the problem of the massive advantage OG corporations and alliances have over new alliances and corporations. If you want to make ISK, you join a megacorp. If you want to be safe, you join a megacorp. If you want to do whatever you want, you join a megacorp. This, to me, is a problem and goes against what I thought EVE was: a place to make your own story and carve your empires. That’s impossible, or at the very least, only possible if they align with the megacorp’s interests.

Anchoring on gates in null and Ansiblex needs to be reworked as they give a massive advantage to already established alliances so they can project their power with little to no risk.

1 Like

Will you stop RMT and Gambling operations being run off TOR and other means via assistance from PONYNET and the people above you?

EDIT:

I’m extremely skeptical of supporting someone who’s leaders, in my opinion, egg’d on sustained harassment of members of the game outside the tranquility consortium group, including IRL.

Poch, CRABs, the FW update, ending scarcity, the siege green update. CCP has shown a willingness to break from their current course and revert decisions that they’ve made instead of staying the course to save face and also take risks to introduce new things that have never been done before.

Blackout, Scarcity, taking too long to iterate on some things. Some game decisions have been kinda yikes, and so hopefully if I get elected I can assist with my fellow CSM reps to steer them in the correct direction.

More Navy and T2 capitals, fully fleshed out ship trees for other factions, a rogue drone faction, stat trackers and player profile customization, more mutaplasmids for modules, more group PVE activities like Pochven.

Honestly, there’s nothing I wish didn’t really exist. I’m sure some people might say things like sov warfare, but what do you replace it with, going back to endless structure grinding because he who drops the most citadels in a system now owns it? No thanks.

Group PVE activities like that of Pochven where you’re regularly contesting money making sites with other players.

Pay to win anything.

Being able to copy paste setups to multiple planets

The UI in general needs help. There’s so much that isn’t used, and sometimes it’s so clunky I’d just throw it out and start over.

Oh login and ignore my question?

Ok buddy, I was willing to give you a chance but no longer. You are just as bad.

No support. In my opinion, Yours and your leadership’s sustained harassment of non-participating players outside the Tranquility consortium in-game and IRL does you no favors, and I no doubt you will maintain the status quo as best you can, and as long as you can, and as long as CCP allows it.

GO AWAY.

1 Like

I feel like there are a couple issues currently in the whole of industry and mining. So I am looking for the person who best aligns with my ideas. Therefore I wonder how you’d answer the following questions(sorted by categories):

1. What is your view on single to duo/triple boxing of mining in terms of viability and profitability compared to other activities)? Do you think they are in a good state? What is your opinion on the waste mechanic? Do you think something beyond the exhumer might be healthy for the game?
  2. What is your opinion on the state of PI? Do you think PI is in a good spot price wise? Do you think PI is easy to get into? What kind of improvements would you like to see CCP implement for PI?
  3. What is your view on resource distribution of minerals/ores currently? Do you think it is healthy for Nullsec to be this dependent on pochven and lowsec? What ores do you think may be abundant in nullsec? Which ores should be more abundant in nullsec? Same for lowsec and wormholes.
  4. Do you think the game would benefit from a larger variety of capital ships? Last not least what do you think is needed to make capital production more profitable? Specifically looking at carriers, supers, titans and fax.

Thanks in advance and my apologies for the barrage of questions.

I endorse Alcoholic Satan and have done a public post in the official Eve Online Discord to that effect! Discord

I wish the end game to mining currently wasn’t just N+1 subcap miners. Your computer limits you in how many clients you can run at a single time, so you may never get to the point where you can run 10 subcaps + 1 rorq + 1 cyno, or even to the point where you can have 5 subcaps. I think the rorq changes were a bit overdone IMO, especially with CCP changing how caps and supers are built, so I’d like to see a little love go back towards the rorq a bit in a way where maybe a skill is introduced that decreases the amount of waste excavs produce, but not eliminating it entirely. You shouldn’t be punished for training better skills.

I haven’t paid too much attention to PI price in a while post size reduction. I think PI is one of the easiest things to get into, but the amount of tedious work you need to do to start it is the biggest barrier to entry. I wish you could create a PI template that you could just copy/paste onto all your planets and be done with it.

Null mining needs major love ASAP. Before caps (mainly dreads and navy dreads) started getting built en masse again, the value of a nullsec colossal anom was ~600m, now it’s up to ~900m. There needs to be some of the ■■■■ tier ore swapped out for some gneiss or ochre definitely, and the size of the anoms m3 wize need to be boosted a bit more. Right now you can clear an anom in like 40 minutes with 10 miners and rorq boosts which is dogshit both in terms of the amount of value inside the anom, and to hunt the people mining it.

I would love T2/Navy FAX/Carrier. There’s a lot of fun stuff you could do with those. In order to make the carrier profitable again it needs a complete rework IMO. Right now it’s not even competitive in PVE with marauders outperforming carriers for less isk, and in PVP they have a super niche use of sieging structures from a fort like 2,000km away. I think with the current meta you might see FAX’s start to be corrected, but we shall see. Supers and titans, I honestly don’t know. You need to give people a reason to build them to which other than Supers running CRABs there is none.

very good +1
also, wh blue loot need a nerf In addition

Have you even lived in wormhole space???
Its way way easier to grind isk in null over wormhole space.
R64 moons literally make u lot bilions in a few hours…
C5 sites make good isk but there is way more risk than u putting out ur 70m covetors, for wh lads spending bilions of isk to put out a c5 ratting fleet.

Leave the blue loot!!

Make sure you lobby to have the Proc restored to exactly what it used to be pre nerf :frowning: they put grace out of battle proc bait business ;( #bringbackthebattleproc

lol lmao 3 paladin is cheaper than a dread for krab beacon and make 2b/h easily In a closed and controlled environment without a giant red dot on the map

you never lived In nullsec space indeed

I was about to read your agenda for CSM then I checked your portrait.

Low effort, no monocle and hiding your face with absurd cosmetics, quite embarassing tbh.

I did becons in my super just out side of mj… i agree beacons are terrible in terms of isk vs risk… no chance would i do them… did a dozen to see what like… but there are way more things to do in null than wh space…
You get a new ore belt every few hours…ice you get that too… moons yours are way better…

1 rorq with a few alts your safe as houses due to pankrab and barely any setup time too. If you cant make a bill a hour in null with 4 toons your doing something wrong…

If a mind right i was around 300m per toon with covertors… on r64 moons and you have a 64 popping every day…

Wormholes have limited sites in the hole… so we may make a quick 2b but we have to roll the holes and keep rolling the holes to keep sort of safe…
All it takes is a bomber cloaked off in the hole to spawn the drifter b4 your refit… then your having a bad day…

Sorry i just dont agree with you… in PH space i made way way more isk than i ever have in wh space…
Just wh space is more fun than null…

Low effort? I love my avatar though :frowning: