Merge two games

I think we already have that, it’s just that the pleasure isn’t shared with us players.

Eve + Star Traders.

Star Traders has a pretty cool crew system. You can promote individuals to officers, who all have unique talents and attributes. You could also momentarily board ships to disable or damage modules. Ship crew had morale as well. If it fell too much due to deaths or lack of pay, people would leave at the next stop, or would mutiny. Ships in Eve would feel more alive and organic.

2 Likes

Damn I forgot about that game. Never played it but now I feel I need to install it.

Wouldn’t that be nice addition to EVE indeed.

1 Like

“infinity the game” with masseffect

Edit, masseffect 1 and 2, not 3 please

Isn’t that a board game? Then again, why not?

I like all three if them. I had more fun on the Andromeda.

1 Like

Yeah it s a board game, but plenty of lore, great universe, plenty of weapons/skill/eauipment, hacking, wonderful characters designs etc.

Infinity>>>>WH40k

So merge this universe with the wonderful game masseffect is, you’ll obtain the purest definition of epicness

(Personally I didn’t like the 3 plot even if the fight was better. For andromeda I tried few hours and didn’t get hooked so I can’t really judge except I wasn t excited with the plot)

1 Like

I don’t doubt it. Mass Effect is already epic as it is.

Plots in videogames, besides a few noteworthy ones, have always been relegated to second and sometimes even third important place by developers. It must stem from a time when mostly kids and teenagers played video games and didn’t need a plot to shot at pixels. I guess it stuck all the way to these days.
I enjoyed the story in Mass Effect Andromeda. It’s not well elaborated but it does the job good enough. I always thought we’d see a feature-length movie of it on the big screen but it seems these days Hollywood is more interested in gender politics and destroying every male character that ever made an impact on audiences than coming up with something new and smart.
It’s only money for these people, rarely Art or creativity.

EvE and anything Battletech/Mechwarrior related except MWO/MW5 because its complete monkey spew.

1 Like

I don’t really agree with you.
Even if it s true that the plot are relegated to second priority (unfortunately for me at least), the reasons why we still hear about ME, Baldur’s gate 1 and 2, planescape torment
And we’ll not hear about Andromeda in 10years, ice wind Dale or neverwinternights, etc.
Is solely because of the plot, and texts

Unless of course the game stands out by it’s unique gameplay (like diablo2 for example)

For Hollywood I don’t know actually as I stopped following the blockbusters since long … But if it s like Disney where Cinderella or whitesnow, where dumb as ■■■■ marrying the first asshole that came, and it evolves to frozen or Moana that are badasses, I am ok with that

You are agreeing with me, in your own way. How many Baldur’s Gates, Planetscapes, Torment examples can we now enumerate though?
Generally, the plot is botched or simplistic, not even talking about characters development otherwise our list would be cut short to two or three games.

1 Like

Exactly yeah

Yeah. Unfortunately, it’s deeper and more sinister than giving young girls some self-esteem boost.
But hell, I’m derailing my own thread :smile:

Fractured space and eve. Doing arenas properly.

+1

I remember trying Fractured Space. Can’t remember exactly why I dropped it ( besides not liking the color schemes they used in the graphics ) but the combination of that and EVE would be awesome.

Witth out any doubt for me, it with would be Cyberpunk 2077 with high level NPC’s created to hunt you based on the Shadow of War Nemesis system, that would severely wet my whistle…

+1

Sounds really ni-- did you say Cyberpunk 2077?? How dare you mention that title on this forum’s hallowed ground?!? :joy:
Seriously though, making those two titles mesh with one another would be a monumental challenge, right up there with the 12 labours of Heracles I believe, but the results would be one hell of a game!

1 Like

I stil cri evr tim I think that its 2077 and not 2020.

Id shoot myself with my Malorian in the back of my Max Interceptor (without cracking my Trauma Card) if I woke up in that horrible daylight lit version of Night City.

Damn you all to heck.

2 Likes

I mean, yeah, every time i load up on prostitutes, i try to imagine what it feels like being down in the decks. But id like a more visual representation.

I don’t know what part of the world you hail from but here, where I live, I don’t need to wait for CCP to give me a more ‘visual representation’ of that down the lower decks. I can rent as many women my wallet ( and common sense ) will allow. I still value the female carbon creatures over the pixelated ones… call me old fashioned, I guess.

So much lost potential, just because they stubbornly rolled it out on a dead platform

2 Likes