Meta Shift - A Video Competition brought to you by the Bringing Solo Back Community

Looking forward to the results from this last season! Any way we can get the playlists from previous seasons on this thread?

1 Like

Soon as brain gets back, will beg him to make a playlist again

As this question has been asked in several different manners over the last 2 or 3 weeks I am posting this to provide some clarity on Season 4 of the Meta Shift video competition. If after reading this you still have questions feel free to ping Brain, Casper, or myself. For season 4 we are diverging a bit from the previous 3 seasons in that there are NO ship, fleet size, weapon system, or playstyle requirements. You may fly what you want, how you want, with whomever you want. That does not excuse you from appealing to the core requirements of the competition as whole. Those being: 1. Fights must occur between Sept 1st and Oct. 31st 2. You must show your pod + fit in the video (Several have been DQ’d from previous seasons for neglecting this) 3. You must explain in some capacity via voice over, or text your fit theory. 4. Ideally, 1 fight is not a demonstration of ‘theory’ executed, but a string of engagements can be. To further answer a few questions that have been asked: There are no solo or small gang limitations so you do not need to be solo, or even <7 for that matter. If the above stipulations are met I see no reason to exclude the content.
Points are being awarded slightly different. For previous seasons the preliminary judges have scored everything on a 10 point scale based on the following breakdown: 0-3 - How well did the fit accomplish the theory behind it? 0-3 - How well did the pilot execute what he wanted to?
0-3 - How overall entertaining and informative was the video? 0-1 - How outside the box or meta breaking was the fit? For Season 4 with the lifting of barriers, we want to see how far people can push the meta-evolution envelope. As such points will be rewarded as such: 0-3 - How well did the fit accomplish the theory behind it? 0-3 - How well did the pilot execute what he wanted to?
0-3 - How overall entertaining and informative was the video? 0-5 - How outside the box or meta breaking was the fit?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.