Meta Shift - A Video Competition brought to you by the Bringing Solo Back Community

Hey Nerds

The Bringing Solo Back (BSB) Community is excited to be kicking off - and to celebrate it, we will start the first of what we hope will be many community events. Our first event will be a running video competition entitled “Meta Shift.” There will be four seasons, each running for 60 days. Each season will have 3 video topics to choose from, and video submissions must be under one of these topics. Every good faith submittal will receive 1 ‘raffle ticket.’ At the end of four seasons, we will draw several of these tickets, and the winners will receive 2 Bestla Alliance Tournament Cruisers and 2 Geri AT Frigates ( one to each winning ticket, no duplicate winners)

Each season we will pick 1 video as the winner for each topic. That person will receive 4k plex (around 20b), a double raffle ticket for the end-of-year drawing, an A4 sized drawing of your choice from here and whatever sponsorship I can acquire. :blush: There will be a channel in the BSB community discord to ask questions as they may arise.

We’re super excited to see the ideas and videos this community can come up with! See below for more rules and details:

LINK TO RULES AND DETAILS HERE

LINK TO DISCORD HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

20 Likes

SEASON 1 TOPICS WILL BE (March 1st till April 30th):

• Solo HIC or Dictor

• Best Brawling Video (solo or small gang)

• EAF use ( solo or gang) (T1 or T2 hull, IE Maulus, Keres, Crucifier)

friggin excited to shift things up a bit :slight_smile: SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!

3 Likes

Thanks for organizing this, excited to see the submissions!

1 Like

Excited to see some amazing videos come from this contest

4 Likes

Cool thing, looking forward to the videos.

1 Like

Looking forward for the vids hehe

BROS! WE NOW HAVE 2 BESTLAS AND 2 GERIs TO GIVE AWAY ontop of the plex already on offer!

ASWELL AS A LOGO!

1 Like
  1. Fights MUST take place between Season Start/End dates

Dang, you really want me to undock!

Looking forward to seeing what comes of it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you want to make an epic solo Fiend or Laelaps video, feel free to contact me or Outlawed NoPro. We have big number of alts for use, dramatic and intense brawl is waiting for you!

3 Likes

I know your " ill let you use uniques" payment plan has made money, WTS FIEND and LAELAPS btw :slight_smile:

Speaking of shiny toys: Will entries featuring a Raiju be accepted for the EAF category?

Yes they will :slight_smile: But we know well its power, a video showing some nerd staying 80km away from a poor solo nerd with no shot will not be given as much weight as someone actually risking and trying out something new (VLDs Rocket fit would count as something new and risking)

1 Like

Just an update from the community - we have 384 people in the discord actively chatting, feel epic about this turnout so far!

Just today we opened the video submission channel in our discord, with directions and a short GIF explaining how to do it! Love to see the activity and hear the feedback from you guys as we continue to develop this community!

1 Like

As a member of the channel, this sounds like a great idea! Would like to add to the prizes if that’s at all possible? Can contact you via discord if it’s easier o7

Thank you sir! Just woke up and have been chatting with you - THESE ARE FRIGGIN EPIC

1 Like

Just a reminder that all submissions for season 1 must be submitted by April 30th - This is the biggest prize pool outside of the AT, and you don’t even have to beat hydra :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Season 1 for the Meta Shift competition has officially concluded and all further submissions will no longer be valid. With that being said, today also is the start of the voting process that will take place over the course of this week, and I wanted to shed some light on it so everyone understands how we are going to handle voting this go around.

Due to the volume of video submissions we received, voting is going to essentially be broken up into two stages. Casper, Astro and myself are going to sit down throughout the course of this week and go through all the footage we received, giving each our own personal scores out of 10 based on a few different criteria. After we have watched every video and scored, we are going to send the top 3 videos with the highest combined score from each category to a panel of judges who will pick a winner for each category. Winners for each category will be announced by May 7th.

Lastly, today also is the start of Season 2, which I outlined in a previous announcement, but I’ll list the topics here as well as pin them in the ⁠meta-shift channel for all participants to reference.

1. Best Solo use of HAM (Heavy Assault Missile) weapon system.
2. Best Solo Logi POV [small gang up to 7 fleet members but only 1 logi allowed] - T1, T2, T3, Fax, Nestor all permitted.
3. Best Solo or Small Gang Art of Escalation. (Bringing the bare minimum to hold grid in effort to get larger scale engagement)

2 Likes

Season #1 participant POV article including ironic hints on winning strategy:

Good luck with the contest guys. U do a big job bringing new content-makers on field. A lot of media content u’ve managed to collect during season #1. Pls, think of good use of it. Not only prizes are what matters.

Reminder to get season 2 submissions in by the end of the month!

Season 3 Meta Shift Topics:

• Solo - Attack BCs (Tornado, Naga, Talos, Oracle)

• Solo/Small Gang - Use of traps, bubbles, baiting, or targeted hunting. - Tell us a story, why you decided your particular method of pvp, what and how you learned about the targets, etc.***

• Small Gang - Single Hull Comp [3-7] pilots - Essentially, everyone has to use the same exact ship, however you can fit them however you like. ( NO T3 Cruisers )

*** I’d like a story, whats your target, what research have you done, and what have you done to counter/catch from that research - tell me a story boys and girls. It can be a shiney frig, some nerd you just really don’t like, something shiny - doesn’t matter the target, just wanna know the process

1 Like