Mike Azariah CSM 21

Hello It’s Me- Todd Rundgren

My name, as the title of this post would tell you, is Mike Azariah. I am running for CSM 21, my last run and I have run in most elections in Eve since CSM 4. I Have served on quite a few CSM councils over the years and want to do it one more time.

Take a moment and google “Who is Mike in Eve Online” (Or ask some AI you are friends with.)

No I don’t use AI to make my campaign posts, form my opinions, or write for my show. Ah, that is the first thing I want to mention. I do a weekly Eve News show, I have done so since January of 2025. But before that? Well I did reports on what was happening in the CSM. (within the constraints of the NDA). A fair number of candidates MAY promise to talk to you once elected . . . I have a track record of doing so.

IRL? I am retired teacher on the West Coast of Canada, patient by trade and fairly decent at explaining things to people. That is key when talking to FC and players alike.

When We Were Young - Adele

So FC gave us a bit of a list of things to cover in our campaign post. but I encourage you to ask questions and let me expand on some topics if you want more info. The first thing they ask for is ‘your eve story’ which for me is more like a series of stories covering a fair amount of the game (But not all of it)

I started in 2008, ran missions, joined mining corp, played the game. I ran for CSM 4 and lost horribly. So the next year I ran again. See? I don’t take a loss as the end, just a step in the journey. Same goes for losing ships, watching friends leave the game, others arrive. I lived in a WH running cap escalations for 6 months, fought in a null war (on the losing side), kept running in elections, wrote a blog about the game and started getting involved in podcasts at the time, One of the podcasts lead to me starting up Operation Magic School Bus, a project intended to help new players get a decent start in the game. This year will mark 12 years of the Bus being in operation. Second thing you should take from this is that I am a consistent person in the game. I set a goal or a project and I run with it. I get involved in the CSM and I keep up with it, win or lose. (But I would like to win this time)

I have served on the CSM often enough to know the people on both sides of the table, to know who to ask for what. To remember proposals from years gone by and promises to ‘follow up’ that never came up again. I don’t have any ‘personal project’ that I want to spearhead or major changes that I promise I will make once in office. Those who do? Either are lying or have no idea of what they are getting into.

Back to game experience to tick another box in the format requirements.

**** Factional Warfare*** Yeah, no
**** Unstructured PvP*** roams with pirates, small gang stuff and getting ganked now and then, yup
** Ships, gameplay, and the HUD* I am hoping to have a lot to say about the HUD, from the perspective of an old guy with glasses and muscle memory of how I like my hud to work
**** Industry and markets*** Spent about a year making and selling modules, seemed to much like work for my style of play
**** Sovereignty management and logistics*** No. I have not been in a player corp or alliance for over a decade
** Highsec and the new-player experience* Absolutely. I am a regular in Rookie Help chat and talk to rookies very often while I am running the Bus.
** The connection between EVE Online and EVE Vanguard* IF I had a computer that could RUN Vanguard I would love to play that and see how the connections between the two can be managed (aside from orbital bombardment)

One Last Time- Ariana Grande

So why am I running and why is this the last race? I am running because I still want to help this game that we play. I think that I have something to offer and am willing to try. I Talk to a portion of the game that the null folks don’t. The new players, the casuals, the folks who play in hisec. I am active on the forums, not just during campaign season but all year round. The same goes for Reddit. I cannot emphasize this enough. If you vote for me you are voting for representative who will still be there to talk to, after being elected. Seriously, how much have you heard from other elected folks over the years?

Why is this the last? Health, mainly. I have had two bouts of Cancer (I won both) and one with heart surgery. I turn 67 just about the time we start voting. I promised myself one more run, one last chance and this is it.

With a Little Help From My Friends - Joe Cocker

So this is where you come in. I cannot serve unless I am elected and for that I need your votes. You will have a ballot that can take 10 names but i really need to be somewhere near the top of that list if not #1. If you want a representative? I am your man. If you want someone from your corp, your alliance who knows what is best for you and will let you know what that is? Well I am sure you will be told who to vote for by the people in charge.

Make your choice and I would appreciate it if that choice is me, Mike Azariah

Thank you - Dido Thank you- Led Zeppelin Thank you- Sly and the Family Stone

I am not quitting Eve but I do want to take a moment to thank all of you. FC, Players past present and yet to come. This is so much more than a game and you have all been a part of it with me. You have kept me sane in the hard times and driven me crazy at other times. I have had the pleasure of meeting some of you face to face and I count many of you as my friends. So thank you.

Likely I will be out there, on an interview or two during the campaign season. But if you want a real feel for who I am and what I think? Watch a few random episodes of my News show or Even THIS talk I gave way way back in 2017. (Ah I was younger and darker then)

So, questions? Endorsements? The inevitable attack?

a cartoon character says bring it on

Playlist for this post Spotify

m

16 Likes

If you get my vote, will you promise to shout most angrily at Fozzie until he gives Jita back to the Caldari?

1 Like

No, shouting is not how one gets things done.

and hush or they will take Perimeter as well.

m

Aiko and the ganker community endorses this candidate:

Also sneak in the fireworks drones into the game even if the devs don’t notice:

:psyccp: :psycsm: :ccpguard:

1 Like

Glad to hear this is your last run. You’ve been an awful csm and an awful candidate.

1 Like

Wow. Show us on the doll where Mike touched you. Sheesh.

Everything Mike said above is true. Only Mike and a couple of other CSM delegates I can think of bother to stay in touch with players on a regular basis. He doesn’t make grandiose claims of what he’s going to ram down FC’s throats. He says what he means and means what he says. He’s a calm, rational and balanced voice that both we players and FC trust for providing solid perspectives.

You go ahead and vote for your null sec slate that your masters tell you to. Me? I’m voting for Mike.

7 Likes

Sir,

Longtime fan of your work, both the Bus and the NWS.

You’ve served on CSM several times. You’ve played for at least 15 years. You deal with rookies on a regular basis. Taking all that experience, if this is your final stint as a representative, what is the most important issue you would impress upon FC during this term? How would you approach it?

1 Like

The most important issue is returning Jita to the Caldari, and he’s made it abundantly clear that he intends to do nothing.

Mike is just after a free vacation. Vote for a candidate who will actually raise a fuss about the issues the game faces instead.

2 Likes

I don’t know about ‘most important’ but I do hope to be able to chat with them about follow-up on how Exo is going, creating more tools for players and corporations so you do not need a code monkey and a system developer in your group to be able to manage data.

Let me turn that back to you, what would you want I, as a representative, to bring to them?

m

Mike would have my vote, if I were omega. Not that I am against the current vote casting. It took the US a very long time after independence to get the voting system correct. Early on, only the rich European land owners were allowed to vote. In fact, you probably can’t remember who George Washington ran against? He was the only candidate and won the 1788 election with 69 votes, a total of 100% of the people allowed to vote. The 1792 election he won with 132 votes, and again 100% of the people allowed to vote.

I will endorse Mike Azariah for CSM, and I hope a lot of omegas will vote for him.

Have fun!

2 Likes

For those of you who are Alpha and cannot vote this is the exact thing I need from youse. Word of mouth, encourage your corp mates to vote and to vote for me. I do not have a voting block behind me so I am dependent upon grass roots support.

and thank you Princess

m

2 Likes

Mike, You’re too out of touch with PVP to have a place on the CSM.

You just run around in carebear land all day.

We need more than “Vote for me, I’m a nice guy!”

Hang up your hat, dude. You had a good innings.

2 Likes

I wonder if that will happen. :thinking:

:ccpguard:

Nobody cares about them squids. :thinking:

The more miserable their lives the better. :smirking_face:

Long Live the Gallente Federation!

:popcorn: :blush: :popcorn:

Maybe you could ask them how many more years the Player Bounty System will stay Temporarily™ turned off. :eyes:

:thinking: :psyccp: :psycsm:

1 Like

I miss it, too

m

I believe I stated, fairly clearly, that I will be hanging up my hat after this race. Did you not read?

But I am curious about

So you believe all CSM must be PvP experts? Why?

m

2 Likes

Mike has my vote.

I dont have to explain my reasons. I support the Bus and i like the weekly shows he does. Its surely obvious to me that the man is dedicated to the game enough to put the time he has into it.

The passion is there, thats the biggest reason of all.

:rose: :ballot_box:

3 Likes

Not sure if ill upgrade to omega to vote, but mike has my support

2 Likes

It is not about being a black hat or a white hat. If you want someone who listens, then acts on your behalf, Mike gets things done. I can’t even tell you a name, of another CSM, who has affected changes to this game, since the last election. He doesn’t just sit on the sidelines ignoring you once the election is over. He is more than active, he is progressive.

Maybe this video is best to “get to know him”, if you don’t know him.

Have fun!

2 Likes

You have my vote @Mike_Azariah

1 Like

Mike has my support and my vote. I’ve known Mike for almost twenty years now and he has been a consistent voice in our community since day one. I’ve never regretted my vote and support for him in the past and I can’t say that about very many candidates.