Mike Azariah for CSM16

Not sure why Brisc is in this thread. He should be nursing his health after putting it all on the line for experimental ‘therapies’; or is it Rockefeller profits; or is it political theater. I’ll admit, I’m confused.
I guess since CCP has been needling in the propaganda since inception there is no conflict here.

Not to put too fine a point on it; Mike, how do you feel about CCP (the one with the implied black cube logo) not so subtle promotion of medical tyranny in in-game story-line and mechanics.

Are you willing to point out that this platform like so many others is being used to ::coughs:: guide minds in a suggestive manner by (most likely) CCP (the one with the hammer and sickle).

Thanks for hanging in there Murtaugh.

I’m in this thread because 1) I like Mike and 2) the guy whining called out the entire CSM, not just Mike.

As for the rest, I have no idea what you’re talking about. Can you write that in English please?

2 Likes

Ukrainian ancestry. Communication may experience corruption. :slight_smile:

I’ve no beef with you or your publicised medical decisions, they are yours to make and you are free to express them.

I too like Mike.

Thankfully, you are not required to grasp a single word I type.

1 Like

Oh, I get it now. You’re one of those guys who thinks the vaccine is going to give you three heads.

Well, so far I’ve had no issues, and my WIFI reception has been fantastic.

3 Likes

Two more heads is better than one right?
Genuinely pleased for you. I hope the rest of the world fares as well, including internet accessibility.

I agree with snowflake that I am more Murtaugh than I am Riggs, these days

m

1 Like

Don’t worry Mike, I don’t really expect you to call out the pharmaceutical industry’s propaganda pervading the game of eve online. I just wanted to call attention to it myself using you as crutch.
Forgive me.

1 Like

Glad to see you are running again.

Thought I’d ask, with the Industry changes and increased reliance on Gas Harvesting. Should this portion on mining be revisited? Such the cost or access the actual Gas Harvesting skill or the current limitation (kind of) to a couple of frigates? Plus - I do not think there has been a change to Booster production since its introduction. The skill itself is not very flexible, since it is trained to Level 2 or 5 - when used with Venture/Prospect and 3 or 4 provide no benefit at all.

Good Luck for CSM16.

I honestly have never figured out why the gas Harvesting skill was so expensive. As for the levels meaning something, sometimes they are just stairways to the ‘better’. But yes, we do talk to CCP about the Gas changing the landscape, so to speak.

m

Laughingly; I guess that clears the air on that topic. Penance; for kicking up a stink.

1 Like

Look I know this is NOT campaign stuff but . . . I just gotta share it.

and yeah, I will be sharing it on the Bus forum thread as well

m

8 Likes

Those cards are awesome!
And thanks for listening in on my interview by Ashterothi on the EVE Universe show

I like knowing who I may be working with and am running with/against

m

Hi Mike, glad to see you’re running again! You have my support.

1 Like

It would be a pleasure to be working with you on the CSM.

I’m barely a month into EVE Online, but I’ve seen Mike interact in Rookie Chat and gotten to know a bit about him through videos I’ve seen on YouTube and the links in his in-game bio. From everything I’ve seen, Mike absolutely has my vote.

What matters most to me is that I feel confident Mike has the knowledge, experience, and professional attitude to serve as a liaison between players and “the powers that be.” That’s the trifecta I look for whenever it comes to someone speaking on my behalf.

#AllHailEmperorAzariah

2 Likes

So right now a few of the threads for campaigns are degenerating into accusations and mudslinging.

Folks, if you are gonna do that? Bring receipts.

I am old, in a lot of ways. I have run in a lot of CSM elections and followed the process for a long time. In that time I have seen a fair number of people get elected only to vanish into the woodwork as soon as that ‘box has been ticked’. Some had very good reasons but others I think were surprised to learn that the CSM/CCP relationship was not what they thought it would be.

In the election for CSM 9 I wrote this in my campaign thread.

1. Do they have a history of a solid work ethic?
  2. Have they shown their passion for this game?
  3. Have they shown the ability to deal with other playstyles, other players who may not agree with them
  4. Do they have the time to spare?
  5. Are they the best representative of a unique/distictive side of Eve?

I still use these metrics when deciding who I will be voting for. You may have your own or you might just vote due to ‘brand loyalty’ (he is in my corp/alliance therefore he gets my vote)

Of the 10 current CSM15 members? 8 (including myself) are running for re-election. We want to finish the jobs we have started and maybe we should be given that chance. But I do NOT want to discourage the new blood from running.

We are doing something most people would (and have) question the sanity of doing. We work to make our game better, volunteering time and a lot of effort behind the scenes and then sign NDAs to keep from showing that anything is done at all. And we want to be here.

I would appreciate your vote to let me continue this.

m

3 Likes

Hi, you seem like a chill guy, so I wanted to ask something I have not really seen come up in the campaigns.

I think the CSM is interesting, and probably a good content provider as well as useful for representing players.

But, I wanted to get your opinion on a different but not mutually exclusive route, what about direct polling/surveys? I was excited when I saw the recent survey, but disappointed by it’s lack on in-game focus. As an internet game, and with CCP knowing everyone’s accounts, we could easily have one vote per account, at least on big issues.

For example, what if CCP asked ‘New Gate to Solitude Yes or No’ or ‘Should Warp Core Stabilizers be Nerfed’? and then went with what the majority of players (or subbed accounts at least) want?

I know that everything can’t be put to the vote, but major changes could. The democratazion (I don’t even know if it is a word) of a video game might even be novel enough to start making many new people interested. And the idea that their voice matters even if they play solo, might make them want to stay.

Fair question and I think they do have people outside of the CSM that they talk to, now and again, when they want opinions on specifics. BUT there are two issues with general plebiscites and referendums.

The first is confidentiality. . . . they can talk the wild idea with us because we cannot talk about them to the general population. The problem with the even framing of a question that might be asked of the population is that players tend to take a question as a promise. There is also the fact that often one question gives rise to a lot of other ones . . . why are you doing this, what are the goals or what are we fixing? Show me on the doll where the interdictor hurt you . . .

The second issue is connected to the election process itself. Who would vote? Would they be informed and voting their own minds or doing what their corp told them to do. Are you assuming that the majority is always right and the losers in any such election need to HTFU?

The hardest questions we, as CSM, face is when we KNOW that the changes CCP proposes will cause a lot of short term pain in exchange for some future goal. We also know that sometimes the pain comes and no goal is achieved. So we argue, present opinions, show where the concept is flawed or how its purpose will be eluded. We do the math and due diligence to actually consider ramifications and try to convey them to CCP (sometimes they listen)

CCP devs work in teams, so one guy may be working on modules while another is working on the ecosystem and a third is trying her best to make industry more operational. It is not one monolithic entity that spits out Eve changes and patches so a poll or survey would only effect one aspect, one or two teams.

Now as to your last part

Your voice does matter. It matters when you vote for CSM, it matters if you contact a CSM member and they are willing to hear you out, to take your ideas forward or express why they chose not to. I have had a fair number of people ask me to try to get some things changed in the game, I have some success, some things I am still working on, and some things I flat out said no to the proposal. But your voice has always mattered and I have listened and I do not give a damn if you are one solo player or the head of an alliance of thousands.

m

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I don’t necessarily agree with everything you said, but you do bring up valid points. Since you have taken me and everyone else (even ranters) here seriously enough to reply, you have my vote for what it’s worth.

2 Likes