Mining after Residue Changes

You need both, they are intrinsically linked. What playstyles do you enjoy? They will all be gamified in some way using rewards.

Mining is a means to an end. ---------- Industry. Mining for a profit usually is not the best/optimal idea and there is a lot more you can do with ore.

Mining/trade/industry are honestly all linked into the same group. Then you have the greater eve eco system and so on and so forth.

2 Likes

People actually find mining fun?

Given there is only risking isk for the promise of isk in EvE, playstyle of choice is irrelevent.

None of it is particularly enjoyable in of itself, which is the point of my lament.

1 Like

We already learned from this thread that they don’t. What they find fun is watching the ISK value of their cargo going high, but only if the total ISK/hour is good enough to PLEX their account in a short while.

Sounds tedious.

Why would they do that? Isn’t it more efficient to get a real job, make real money, budget some of that aside and use that buy plex?

I absolutely agree with what you’re saying about scaling. That’s an issue in all games where grouping can occur. CCP doesn’t have a good history when it comes to dealing with that either. It’s a tough issue though. On one hand you want a rewarding player experience but you don’t want to discourage groups either.

I think the players (some more than others) put a great deal more effort into killing off solo play than CCP ever did. However, CCP has always let null lead it by the nose. CCP tries to push players into null alliances because, for CCP, it becomes the dumping ground for their retention and participation problems. They can ignore these issues while claiming it’s up to the alliances to fix it. That’s why there have been so many meaningless wars. There’s no tension in the game so the alliance leaders have to create events to keep the kids occupied. CCP won’t be of any help with that. Solo players ruin this plan since, like me, most aren’t interested in null alliances so they can’t be dumped into a blob and forgotten.

Me Who Still Mines and fines it fun

Absolutely for sure, did some mining today, a 235,000 unit veldspar roid turned into a 150,000 units at the end, 85,000 units lost or an average of 297,500 isk loss @ 3.50 a unit, so yeah the mining process is boring enough, the loss of material and income does nothing for the activity.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.