Mining in Missions

They seem to have removed the big one which was recon. It’s quoted in one guide as 6 million units of veldspar which is 3x any other mission with veldspar.
Even with a couple of Orcas that would take several hours to clear in my estimate.

That is what I gathered before the mining tweaks.

There are tons of missions some with some very interesting mine mixes. And some of the relic/data sites in HS/LS have mine-ables as well. Same trick although they are a bit more open. Clear the site then site on it for materials.

I don’t know that it applies to all of them, but I had the asteroids at a relic site despawn on me with an alt on site.

Definitely the NPCs… they get all the kewl new ships.

Normally stuff doesn’t de-spawn unless there is no one on grid and the objective of the site is complete. In the case of missions that also requires you to be docked complete the mission with the agent sometimes only in the station where the agent is. Wrecks disappear after 2 hours, I think that is still correct.

That is my experience, but I had a ship on site and was bringing an alt in to mine it out. Got the mining barge into warp, flipped screens back to the scanning character, and he was sitting in empty space.

Wondering if maybe the sites have a hard cap on the amount of time they can exist, and perhaps I just caught it at the end of its lifetime.

Duo of death the asteroids have gone in Minmatar space tried it today

I’ve been finding that a lot of the level 4 missions have, in fact, had their asteroids removed. Cargo Delivery would be one that stands out as an exception.

Lower level missions still seem to have them. Level 1 Blockade does not appear to have the damage per cycle applied to mining ships anymore, but the level 2 version does. I don’t recall the name of the mission, but there’s one level 2 that has a good 3 or 4 Orca loads of veld and Plagioclase (Amarr region, not sure if it’s different in other empires.)

Some of the level 4’s that still have rocks are the ones where they are 100km+ from the warp in, and not in great enough quantity to really make it worth it.

That said, some of the missions have had the rocks replaced in very very very lazy fashion. Instead of multiple asteroids, it’s just duplicates of the same fake rock which just screams “half assed job”

3 Likes

In the Midst of Deadspace has had all it’s asteroids removed, if I remember rightly that had a gate key for added protection against gankers

They are gone from
L1 Break their Will
L3 Gone Berserk

Have you tried ganking miners?

I can’t make cheese on toast and do the pots at the same time as ganking miners, since they removed the asteroids there’s not a clean plate in the house. I’m having to cut the empty milk cartons in half to microwave ravioli in.

2 Likes

LOL! :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.