Mining should require more skill

Good lord this dude.

My thoughts exactly. It’s a waste of time to try to talk sense and facts with someone only interested in roleplaying for CODE.

[quote=“rj_skeet, post:96, topic:156451, full:true”]
Covetor is a fleet barge and is all but useless without an orca. [/quote]

I don’t agree. I mostly solo mine moon ore in LS using a Covetor or Hulk because it has the best yield. I just jetcan and keep a Miasmos in the Athanor and collect the cans when I have three or four at the same place… Rocks are big and close so you can fill multiple cans without Moving… The time I loss to collect the can is well covered by the yield of the covetor / hulk

I also don’t agree. yes mining asteroid ore in HS is a low income. But when you start to rack uncommon or rare moon ore in Ls with perfect yield in a covetor / Hulk and with the best reprocessing rate (79.8% in my case in LS), you can collect a very good income…. Of course, some others activities are better, but in that case, mining is not a low income….

Just remove all miner, we wouldn’t notice it anyway :rofl:

Wulfen you would notice the second prices went through the roof after a few big fights. Mining is a staple of eve. I feel it’s fine how it is system wise. However Ice ore should be added to moons to help blunt the isk/hour of bots because the current system of waiting for an anomaly and then being able to setup for hours on end is what they count on, its to predictable and they don’t have to spend any isk to maintain it.

think those who play with many char would be sorry.

mining has always been boring, but code. Try to make it a little more exciting :sweat_smile:

We use neutron blasters.

He said ‘distinguish’, not ‘extinguish’…

One big problem with that: Tetris is boring. Mining as it is now is actually more interesting than Tetris. Tetris is a mindless, stupid game.

Now, there could be an interesting mining mini-game, where you direct little mining probes and such into the asteroid to hit the good pockets of ore, such that if you pay attention and play it right, you can increase your yield by x12 or x20 or even x50 per cycle if you do it right. That is strong incentive for the miner to not be AFK, and it actually involves doing something fun.

You could add other games, such as letting smaller mining ships bore into the asteroid itself, so they are actually inside it, and then the asteroid itself acts as armor against gankers so perhaps you mine less that way, or slower, but as you burrow your way through you are immune to ganking when in the middle. Or perhaps to get you, only another mining ship could burrow in behind you, and maybe there could be a way to mine such as to try and collapse the asteroid, and so one miner could collapse it on another for a different sort of gank.

There are all sorts of interesting possibilities here. None of them are Tetris.

So much hate for Tetris.

Relax there Puyo Puyo… You won’t quench my burning desire for stacking those tetrominoes.

Mining yield are fine like it is, no need to change that….

People are complaining about afk miners, even more about bot miners….

There is an easy answer to counter that… Make a new type of NPC in asteroid and moon belts… Those NPC would be easy to destroy but they will scramble your ship and hit heavy, being capable of destroying even a procurer or a skiff in a few minutes….

You are mining like you should do in front of your computer? no problem, even a few Hobgoblin I could easily take care of this new NPC… You are mining afk? bad luck, after a few minutes, your shinny barge is reduced to a metal scrap…

There is a certain irony in people complaining about players mining AFK while they do other things, like say, playing Tetris, and then to want to make it so they have to play Tetris while mining.

1 Like

What irony?

Pretty sure I can’t watch netflix while playing Tetris. So not sure what your point is here.

She has issues with reading comprehension.

I like this idea; it is arguably already partly in-place so the coding required should be relatively straightforward?

If you fly an orca afk, NPCs will target any augmented drones but not T2s, in my observation. So, if I do decide to go down to the shops I will swap one out for a T2 combat first.

Where it gets really interesting though is FOB frigates. They don’t come into belts(?) but do come into moon belts, simply because they have a poke at structures from time to time. Unlike your idea, these NPCs are not at all easy to kill, which is even better. So, if you re-coded them to target asteroid belts, mining anoms and athanors as priorities, that would def focus the minds of bots and afk miners.

(And if they did impact on regular miners as a consequence, that would just make mining that bit harder, as people are calling for here, plus it would have the co-benefit of focusing the “community” on need to address FOBs more, when they turn up?)

Irony, thy name is Aiko Danuja

Here, just for you, I will simplify what I said:

People complain that mining is boring and should require more attention so people are playing the game instead of doing other things while not really doing the mining. For instance, they could be playing Tetris in another window.

Someone suggests basically that people have to play Tetris in-game to mine (or something like it). I point out that this is rich since it would just be making people have to do something else, play a Tetris game, instead of mining. Because Tetris has nothing to do with mining - it is just making them pay attention to something else. I point out the irony of it.

Here, I will now use the Netflix example - it would be like making mining require you to watch a Netflix show (and answer a quiz about it to be sure you watched, say), as a way to keep people from watching Netflix while mining instead of paying attention to the game.

There, that ends my public service for the day. You know, Aiko, if you don’t understand something I wrote, feel free to ask for clarification. I am more than happy to provide it.

I think Tetris is stimulating and will help keep miners awake and more importantly they will have FUN.

I have lots of fun whilst mining, simply by reading all the bitching in these forums.

2 Likes

Everyone certainly enjoys playing with colored blocks at one point in their lives. I certainly have fond memories of doing so - when I was in Nursery School. I am sure if I were 4 years old again I may find it again to be stimulating and fun. But regardless, it has nothing to do with Eve - which I have heard fondly called “Spreadsheets in Space.”

1 Like