Missile type

Yes, they are stronger. But may I point you to the price tag of Dread Guristas missiles and available volumes? Just an example. DG ammo and any highest tier ammo (Dark Blood, True Sansha, Shadow Serpentis, Domination) is not available in large quantities and the available quantities are extremely expensive.

This makes DG ammo not the best choice for large scale use. Normal Guristas ammo is not competitive with CN ammo, which makes CN the better choice for 99% of the circumstances, and the remaining 1% are prestigious tournaments.

3 Likes

or you are Lugh and you love the idea of killing ships worth less than the ammo you used to kill them.

because 5mill a volley panthers ftw

2 Likes

I may have misunderstood? If for example Caldari and Gallente antimatter just got renamed to Navy Antimatter then they would stay in their respective LP stores.

that’s what I was asking you.

if we made navy missiles are they going into every faction LP store that uses missiles or are they staying where they are now.

one is a balance headache the other is a UE headache

Good point. I should convert another percentage point to highly competent BLOPS usage as they need all the DPS that is physically possible.

Ah sorry for my douchey reply then lol. Yeah I think they should go into every store that has a high missile role.

that would cause an issue with balance both between the LP stores themselfs as you are now adding more to some and with the price of the missiles as you are adding more avenues to obtain them.

lore wise it also makes more sense that you only see caldari missiles and not the ones of amarr/minm/gallente. Caldari not only have the highest tech missiles but also the highest output of them this leads to an extreme cost effectiveness that would outperformed any other in the open market that a capsulear operates in. while the navies probably manufacture and use their own they are simply sub optimal that us gods don’t recognize their existence

Alright then stick to the current suppliers. Either way it’s just getting rid of useless duplicate items.

what duplicate items?

and when you take the names away you now don’t have a convenient spoiler pointing new players as to where to find it

You mean like the Khanid Navy Ballistic Control Unit that nobody in the game has ever seen on the market?

1 Like

This no longer interests me. I frankly don’t care to talk about it.

I’m curious how delicate you think the balance of various LP stores are that adding missiles to all military stores would somehow upset them?

It’s not a balance nightmare, it’s “Missiles are now available from all military faction LP stores”. It would only get complicated if you wanted to suddenly try and balance different missiles from each faction, like making Gallente produce Thermal, Minmatar explosive, Amarr EMP and Caldari kinetic, or differences in flight time or other stats. Just making them “Milspec xxxx” at worst causes some people a month or so of grief as missile prices adjust, and if there’s someone out there trying to make their fortune off Caldari missiles maybe eventually we will see things spread out a little.

if I can spend my LP on more things grinding one set of standings that LP store is more valuable period if you make something available on more places you drop its value.

unless you can prove that some lp stores need a buff and others need a nerf there is simply no need for this name change

Because when LP stores were created minmatar was all turret based dmg with some launcher slots thrown in for fun.
Only in recent years they made purely missile minmatar ships

that has nothing to do with the balance of the stores only the superfluous theming of them.

Not really.

As you stand only to gain one low value item nobody really loses value except in long distance speculation trying to sell Caldari missiles far from Caldari space.

That issue will balance out in a month or so as existing supplies sell off. It’s not a huge thing like you want to make it out to be.

no it makes those lp stores worse to farm in general it doesn’t just effect the value of the module. but since we are talking insignificant changes so is changing the name

Like literally all faction and pirate hybrid ammo?
If you say that projectiles, missiles and beam crystals should only be available in Minmatar, Caldari and Amarr LP stores respectively, then shouldn’t we make hybrid ammo Gallente only, so all factions would have unique things?

1 Like

It makes specifically Caldari LP stores an infintestimal bit worse for what would be a pretty significant QOL improvement for mission runners that use missiles everywhere else.

I don’t know if you realize this, but Caldari space isn’t exactly underpopulated. From at least 2005 or so it was the most popular space to mission in, specifically because Caldari have a strong missile line of ships and missiles were seen as the PvE weapon system. That’s not as true anymore, but I have not noticed a lack of Caldari farmers, especially with the proximity to Jita, in game.

So you want evidence that missiles in particular are somewhat unbalanced being available only in Caldari space? They are a significant factor in the creation of Jita as the largest trade hub. Let’s spread some of that love around.

1 Like

it’s not a QOL change people like to toss that around when it isn’t warranted. these things are never more than a few jumps away on the market you just don’t want to have to spend the isk buying from one