Missile type

No, it really is a QOL thing. The cost of ammo is pretty much insignificant to a farmer. There are some that are really worried about maximum efficiency, but when you make a million per battleship in your mission, and you only spend a few hundred thousand on ammo per mission, it really truly does not matter.

No one is getting rich off faction missiles. A few turn a bit of profit, and with this change would continue to do so, no longer chained to Caldari space.

When it’s that light of an impact, it is a QOL change.

considering you can just bulk buy several hundred thousand and put them in your mission station the QOL has less of an impact than the minor change to the LP stores

You are arguing stupidity here.

There are a ton of mission runners that like to make their own ammo off the minerals of the recycled remains of dropped modules with low value. This helps all of them.

Almost no one is getting rich solely off of Caldari faction missiles. Those that trade in them are also trading in a wide variety of goods, and will see very little impact from a change like this. Top it off with the fact that the caldari LP stores are not balanced around simply being the only provider mid quality missiles, and as discussed earlier they were a part of the overwhelming population imbalance in favor of caldari space— not the faction missiles themselves, but the fact that Caldari were at the time the only faction to rely heavily on them, and that has changed. At the very least Minmatar LP stores should carry them as they have missile ships at all tiers now, and Amarr ships have a line that can use them as well though not locked into them the same way.

It’s a good change that improves QOL for many, harms very few, makes sense with the current climate of EVE’s shiplines, and is long overdue.

if you are making you are not buying from others that alone means this falls outside of a simple QOL

The words you are typing are in English, but they don’t fit together into coherent logical sentences.

How does making your own ammo take it out of the realm of QOL? Do your fingers have to bleed from touching the keyboard or it’s not EVE?

How is it hard to understand that faction missiles are not a significant balancing point on Caldari LP stores, and that the game has changed so that Caldari are no longer the sole users of missiles as a primary weapon system? Why should every player in the game be locked into buying Caldari faction missiles if they want mid-grade ammo? Once, that might have made sense and been no real hardship on anyone, as missiles were at best something you tossed into a utility high for the other races. That is no longer the case.

if anything this has become more true not less. gallente lost about the same number of missile ships as minmatar gained. and far more projectile ships are favored by minmatar and energy by amarr. why? because most of the missile ships in those races are outclasses by a caldari ship.

You aren’t serious, are you?

When I started playing the only missile ships outside the Caldari were odd duck T2 ships, and some minmatar split weapon ships.

Now Minmatar have dedicated T1 missile ships at every level, and Amarr have almost a full line of T1 ships that can use missiles as a primary weapon as well, also in the basic T1 line. Gallente is the only race currently that does not have a strong missile line of ships.

The meat of his statement was that the best missile ships are all Caldari. And they are.

Sac will always be outclassed by Cerb, Loki and Legion missile configs are generally outclassed by the Tengu, Raven will beat a phoon, etc.

1 Like

well no… in this situation the tengu is garbage because ccp doesn’t know how to take a balanced approach to balance. the tengue can get more dps on paper than the loki however even if we just look at the missiles themselfs and not the utility of the loki the application bonus far outstrips the damage locked additional damage from the tengu.

but yeah when ships are balanced the caldari are better 9 times out of 10

1 Like

And somehow this means that all mid-grade missiles should only ever by Caldari Missiles?

I understand that Caldari still the 800lb gorilla in the missile room, but it no longer sits alone in that room. Others have come, and they should rightly have some representation too.

The Caldari LP stores aren’t going to lose anything of value by not being the only source of faction missiles. Others will gain some QOL by being able to manufacture their own without having to either then mission for the Caldari or just forego manufacturing and buying them off the market. It’s a small thing, and trying to claim some kind of balance issue over it is just silly.

It makes sense, yes. Proprietary something something, if you want an RP reason.

Regardless… there’s no reason to add other faction missiles just so that other factions have them. Just clutters things up. There’s clearly no shortage of missiles, and other LP stores have plenty to offer.

1 Like

It clutters nothing if you change the empire faction ammo to “Milspec XXXX” and make it available from all military factions equally. Even those other factions that might sell better faction ammo than the standard Milspec could still carry them.

I don’t need an RP reason why not, just a real one. The reasoning of “it’s always been this way, I don’t like change” is not very convincing or compelling. The reasoning of “something, something, balance I guess” is equally inane.

While I’m 100% in favour of the tiracide removing different named but same statted items from the game, the OP was about adding more different names the same missile.

If you wanna collapse them down to a generic “milspec” and remove the faction names, I 100% support. Whether the standard becomes Guristas, Caldari Navy, or Dread Guristas (as they are not all the same), doesn’t much matter to me.

The OP’s point was that despite there being many factions that use missiles, only the Caldari and Gurista LP stores have them available.

He does not want to use or buy Caldari missiles. That’s an rp and qol issue.

To counter the clutter argument I suggested calling them all “Milspec xxxx”, and putting them in the LP store for every military faction.

Which was then met with an argument that apparently the balance of the LP stores hinge on only caldari ever selling missiles and it would cripple the markets to make them more widely available.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.