Recap: This is an Alpha character grinding (and it IS grinding) standing with Thukker mix, specificaly Trust Partners as I found several Level 2 distribution mission agents within a few jumps of eachother. Today I hit standings top be able to do level 3 missions (with trust partners, not with Thukker MIx)
As an Alpha with few skills the idea was to do Level 3 (as because an Alpha I cannot do level 4) distribution missions, play for maybe an hour a day to get LP so I can offer/sell Thukker items/modules
The Reality, we’ll at least my reality.
After grinding what seemed like an endless number of level 2 distribution missions sprinkled with about 3 faction standing killing storyline missions I hit 3.52 standing with Trust Partners. My nearest (and indeed only) level 3, Trust Partner distribution agent was in Tanoo so headed there.
Level 3 Distribution agents for Thukker Tribe below
2 High Sec
4 Low sec
the rest Null sec
Things of note:
- Being Alpha and not really able to protect myself in low I opted to just do high sec. This is the first issue. There are not that many of them. The Trust Partner in Tanoo is all there is.
- The Agent in Ibaria is 3 jumps away but he is Thukker Mix, so I would need to grind up my standing with them, If i could do that without losing the will to live then I would have 2 level 3 agents in high sec close to eachother.
- Despite that I headed to Tanoo, opened a conversation with Gotreda Hrein and was offered a mission worth 133 LP. wtf.
- Before my main accounts went Alpha I was doing Level 4 security missions with myself and an alt in Ravens, I recall LP payouts of 3500 LP sometimes higher. Whilst I didnt expect L3 Disty missions to compare with L4 Security ones I was hoping for between 650/800 LP per mission (I do know that LP varies from mission to mission and Ive not worked out an average over say 20 missions with my skills.
- The cheapest item on within the LP store is 10,000 LP for a Thukker Small Cap Battery. So lets assume an average of 200 LP per misson it would take me 50 missions (82 @ 122LP per mission) (with 1 agent available) to afford that item
- The Thukker Large Shield Extender is 27,000 LP and that would be 135 missions (222 missions @ 122 LP per mission) at an average of 200 LP per mission.
- Whatever way you cut it that is pretty s**t, even if i took into consideration the low sec missions and didnt get killed that is still a high number of missions, and even then there only 2 trust partner agents in low sec relatively close but they are 6 and 7 jumps respectively
So, from what I can tell the time and effort vs reward is not worth it, I assume this will be the case of all other outlier factions too. (indeed all other factions period).
From my perspective I am thinking what can I do that feels worthwhile in game in an Alpha character. This is something I will need to think on and maybe just biomass them because it just isnt worth my time at these numbers.
I’d be really interested in the thoughts/opinions of @Archer_en_Tilavine and @DeMichael_Crimson on this, perhaps i’ve miscalculated or looking in the wrong place or just simply overlooking something here.