Missions Faction Removal

I think you mean in the reputation, not Faction Warfare, sense, and in which case I agree, talk about PITA and Pointless. Player punishment at its best :slight_smile:

This is where you enter the rabbit hole though. And where google is you friend. There is so much more info out there than when I started. I still had to do a search today to reply in another thd. I beg you to read/educate yourself because… :rofl:

Now when you move, the fits/ships you fly in Amarr space might not work in Gallente space. (as an example) The list goes on.

Add to that the Trig invasion which can catch you while traveling has not made it any easier for new players.

The learning curve used to be this. It’s only a little better now. How to improve the NPE (new player experience) is always a hot topic.

Never be afraid to ask, just don’t whine. Even most of the worst forums troll’s well step in and help if no one else does.

2 Likes

Enemies Abound is a mission against Gallente Federation. The agent tells you that it is against Gallente Federation and therefore you simply don’t accept the mission. It’s not that hard.

You do realize that EVE as a whole is the gutter, right? Dystopian future and hardship and constant wars and genocides and all that? If you can’t live with and overcome the gutter, you deserve to be left behind. I overcame the gutter of missions, I had fun with missions, I worked with the system and managed to earn a lot of ISK and have a lot of fun with the missions.

Missions don’t oppress newbs. As I said, even the lowest faction standing has no negative consequences except for that you cannot stay in one place in their space for long. It is in fact even helpful in some niche cases like freighter travel because the FacPo webs you into warp. So stop being this cringe whinging and instead help newbs who run into trouble with missions and explain them how to work best with missions.

The only hypocritical people here are those who advocate for removal of consequences for your actions. Newbs need to learn early on that your actions have repercussions. That’s EVE’s core mantra. If you can’t live with that and can’t work with that on your own, ask for help. Didn’t someone mention recently that socializing keeps most people in the game? WEll, that’s a perfect opportunity to prove that claim.

This is a catastrophic consequence if a player wants to do anything that doesn’t involve perpetually doing more of the very same carebearing in the same area of space.

They run into trouble after a period of unawareness, not before. And it’s not my job to give speeches in the public square to try to prevent new players from screwing up their characters just because CCP created these shitty gameplay elements.

These “consequences” are entirely arbitrary and meaningless. They exist for no reason; they’re not player-driven, and not player-enforced. They’re no different from making it so that if you undock your ship at an odd minute of an odd hour, you’d have 50% less hit points and damage across the board. And yet greedy and entitled vetbears would be screaming about “consequences” despite using this knowledge (which isn’t really made clear anywhere in the game) at the expense of everyone else.

This is why vetbears are filthy scum and need to be dragged out of their stations and done execution-style while everyone else watches and shoots fireworks. They complain about anything that affects them negatively while pretending to be allies of anyone who’s not a “griefer sociopath,” all the while secretly dipping their hands into everyone’s bowls when no one’s looking. It’s a whole different level of greed, and proves that all the “won’t someone think about the children!?” talk is just absolutely self-serving drivel.

1 Like

Then move to an area of space where you are not hunted by NPC, ie. low sec or null sec?

As I have described above, this is not an issue for intelligent and aware people. Nor for people who put at least a tiny bit of discovery effort into the game, something that is expected to be done in every single game in existence.

Apparently they are not meaningless or else you would not froth over them so much. If you keep shooting a faction, it is only natural that you won’t be liked by this faction. This is how everyone ends up with -10 to any pirate faction over time. Or do you want to say that getting negative standing towards pirates because you shoot them is “oppressive” too?

If you want that, go live in low sec and null sec where player standings play a much bigger role. And since you seem to be of the kind of people who want to mindlessly shoot other things to smithereens, I suggest you ignore blue standings there as well and see what happens. Because this is a lesson that shooting NPC factions teaches you: do not shoot things that you need or are part of too much or else you suffer catastrophic consequences. This “shitty gameplay element” does more to teach people valuable lessons than most players will ever be able to.

:innocent: You are aware of the fact that these vetbears have accumulated all the knowledge about EVE and made it available to all interested people to read and learn from, right? This is something especially new people benefit from greatly. I am sure all of this happened because these “vetbears” are self-serving, egoistic, filthy, greedy bastards.

Funny story. This topic is about newbs complaining about things affecting them negatively because they do not want to bother learning basic mechanics of the game – mechanics that exist in most other games with roleplay elements – and just want to mindlessly shoot down NPCs. I can’T just go around shooting down NPCs in Witcher, CP77, Final Fantasy or other games without them getting angry at me.

With that said: Newbs and their drivel can be ignored beyond its amusement factor.

1 Like

Several of those ways are ‘one time only’.

Eventually you either have to stop running them, cut yourself out of half of hisec or rotate mission running for factions.

All of which are crappy options.

The whole mission standings mechanic is a bad idea that forces grinding.

But you will eventually be given a storyline mission.

Separate freelance agents from faction agents.

1 Like

Just ignore it. :man_shrugging:

That could be changed, however. That would also create meaningful in space activity to gather the items and market activity for items like security tags to repair your security status.

No, needed ship or structure kills to complete missions causes derived faction loss, some cases over 6% or more. The loss can sometimes be partially mitigated by judicial weapon use, killing only minimal needed targets. Faction loss can be derived fighting non faction entities like Rogue Drones or Blood Raiders in all storyline missions. You can lose faction standing merely transporting goods to another station owned by another faction for their use.
The faction system in not inherently bad, but it sure needs to have a logic and gameplay pass through to correct the flaws.

It wasn’t catastrophic to me so I don’t understand why it was catastrophic to you? I went to Amarr space, paid off a guy, and ran level one missions. This whole thread is a strawman fallacy. You cant be BOTH a new pilot AND ready to fly level 4 missions for all 4 empires.

But they are pirates so faction standing loss is fine for them. This is the gist I got from this guy and other people talking like him. It’s only empire factions that matter to them. Since you only shoot pirates you will not lose standing with any empire faction, derived or otherwise.

You cannot gain or lose faction standing for running a normal mission unless you run missions and shoot empire faction ships. Storylines are a different story and I made it clear that I am not talking about them. If you have an example where a normal mission (one that does not attack empire factions) gives or takes any faction standing, I would like to know that mission.

Still incurs a standing penalty and its not really a great mechanic if it keeps giving us missions were meant to ignore.

You only have to ignore them if you do not want the standing hits. I have a char with -10 Gallente and -10 Minmatar standing and no issues. I ignore other mission, though, because they take me out of my system. If I cannot accept more missions (I only have 1 agent in my system), I just stop and do something else. :man_shrugging:

You are literaly damage one of the four main faction, whot else did you expect ?

1 Like

Remind me what wardecs were nerfed for…

1 Like

Delusional and severely masochistic post, Eve is a video game, we want to learn about consequences, we go outside and endure them in the real world.

1 Like

A unique video game with real losses, non-consensual pvp, meaningful reputation and consequences for your actions.

Yeah cos in no video game ever did you lose a life and thusly your progress through the game for making a correctable mistake.

Seriously?

The clue is in the word “game”

Its a video game competing with other video games for money.

So it makes sense that it would have a system of faction/consequence since its competitors also do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.