Missions not updated for Ore redistribution!

No, it is not. There are already missions which only want Veldspar from you. All you have to do is change the Omber to Veldspar for a handful of missions. You said yourself earlier that it is just a few missions. It is not hard to do that.

It is not assumptions, it is proven. CCP talked about that when they introduced these new L2 missions. They talked about how they had to look deeply into their tools and figure them out again because they had abandoned them for years for no good reason, but in pursuit of garbage PVE attempts.

You don’t believe in many things, and your believes are always prove wrong. Please, for your own good, never again accuse me of “not having an idea”.

To make my point clearer for you and update your “understanding” [emphasis by me]:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/fgbzvm/patch_notes_for_march_2020_release/fk4an81/

Hey! These three missions were actually created as part of a project to test our existing content authoring tools to see in which way we could potentially improve them in the future.

A storyline mission?

2 Likes

■■■■, I missed that part. Well, I will still pass this on, but don’t get your hopes up that it gets fixed.

Same goes for Kernite. bunch of storyline missions require it.

But, nothing stops people from getting venture and jump to lowsec.

say…wasn’t Hilmar the lead programmer guy or some such during EvE initial development back in the day?

mmm purple donuts and spaghetti code! yum!

You have no idea whether it’s hard to do or not. You’re assuming it’s not hard to do. My understanding from talking to the team that does this stuff is that they do not want to touch missions in any way.

We have had multiple meetings with the team working on these issues and this is not my understanding based on what they told us.

The original missions in the game were not created with the existing content authoring tools. That’s the point. The original missions were done by hand, not with the tools they use now to create things like incursions.

As I said before, you are making assumptions and misreading things. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Then maybe the team should be switched out with people who do not shy away from challenges and rediscovery of the old. After all, discovery is a big part of EVE. CCP said years ago that they wanted to do something to missions to bring them into the modern age. Nothing has happened since but we got this invasion crap instead.

Then someone should look into it. It cannot be that hard to find the id for Omber in lines of code and change it to the ID of Veldspar.

All I hear are excuses for being lazy and afraid of old systems, all the while CCP expects US to waste more and more of our time in their creations in unsatisfying and frustrating features.

2 Likes

It was said before. The idea was to replace missions with new code (used in trig content for example). But they wanted to test everything first (in invasion). This was said at last vegas or other meeting. With old code being replaced all over EVE, time will also come for missions. But just because there are more important things to do (and with possible more revenue) doesn’t mean that they are forgotten.

/eyeroll

I fully expect there will be solutions to this in the future, just not immediately.

what’s changed ?
buy the ore off the market .
haul it to the agent station .
get the standings boost and sell the implant .
profit .

1 Like

but…I would really like to blame Hilmar for things…dang…

He is responsible for the Triglavian invasion. How much blame can one person carry?

Seems like you have no idea what it would actually cost.
“There is a issue with the subway : let’s just remove the team that is working on the busway and replace it with a team of people who would not mind exploding all the buildings just to test if they can do other things”.

1 Like

“Why do all my rocket scientists keep telling me that a manned trip to Mars would be so difficult? What we need is a new team - one that doesn’t shy away from challenges!”

3 Likes

When it comes to the kernite version of “materials for war” I’ve always just bought the kernite since the implant was worth more than the kernite in terms of selling… and since those are basic or whatever the L4’s give out, I never used them anyway and just sold them…

considering CCP wants people going into Low, they could also edit these missions to show that you’ll need to go to lowsec to mine the ore…

2 Likes

If @Brisc_Rubal can’t honor his promise to fix the red dots, what makes you think he’ll address missions?

Though to be fair I think @Mike_Azariah said he’ll look into making drop-in replacements of the required ores with sec-appropriate ones and/or increasing standing gains to make the missions more worth the inconvenience/risk/higher cost of getting those ores?

Always trust Mike to get done what Brisc won’t :wink:

3 Likes

Including publishing blue donut null manifestos?

We da best, the rest of you nubs suck. Give up while you still can or face our awesome wrath.

there

m

4 Likes

:+1:

It hardly matters though - CCP only wants CSM input on unimportant things.

Could they not just replace the ore needed for one that does now appear in high sec, Surely that isnt beyond them?