Mobile Observatories – Live on Singularity

Hi,do u know this mirror was today? I can’t log in to sisi :frowning:

If i were a bot, i guess i would make a script to alert me (Sound, ping, whatever) whenever it detects that cloak went down.

How bout that.

Home the sweep cycle is completely random.

2 Likes

Since CCP is not able to put the item up on Sisi when they announce this (despite saying that it is up for testing), it would have been nice to know these data points via the announcement post so that we could actually discuss data and not just how stupid this is.

1 Like

This is a good thing. Well done CCP. Especially for leaving wormholes out of it. I see nothing to complain about as this is currently set up. I didn’t agree with the nullification change at first, but it is improving, so you are listening and it is appreciated.

One way to improve on this is instead of having a chance of decloaking immediately without warning, is to have a popup say 10-30 seconds before being decloaked that when clicked, makes you immune to the next decloaking sweep. If the timer runs out, you get decloaked.

That way if a player is not afk and wants to remain cloaked, they can do so.

Also, if someone gets decloaked, they appear on the probe scanner window with a warpin.

6 Likes

Its been a real challange becouse noone asked me wtf to do.
i have plenty of ideas that would make the “problem” slick as butter on a hot summers day.

All in all, without having to actully see the mod / >mobile< observatory… im pretty sure you failed.
becouse it should not be mobile.
it should have be system wide affect, from the system upgrade list of sov owners.

What you are promoting here is ALOT of maybes… imho it its only affecting true “afk cloaky campers” then they should show up on the green anomolie list, not as something that needs to be scanned down.

3 Likes

… which doesn’t mean it is, you know. It could also mean the mechanic is fine, but people are too dumb dealing with it.

But I know we live in times, where the ones who shout the loudest are getting the most attention. sigh

7 Likes

Then fozziesov does need a complete rework because otherwise it is not possible to ever take a system.
the only way to get adm’s down to a level that is not going to require a crashing server number of people in local currently is cloaky camping.
roaming gangs or blops hunting is not going to cut it when 1 ishtar can krab up a week of cloaky camping worth of ADM in no time at all.

this only helps major krab groups and bots.

1 Like

mmm salty…

3 Likes

How long after you cloak are you vulnerable to being uncloaked? I understand that this is to stop afk cloaky campers. I am worried about dying while cloaking to take a quick bio break. :frowning:

4 Likes

On paper, as an active frequently cloaked solo pilot, this looks perfectly decent. At worst, I’ll need to jump around to safes for a bit, which is something I do on non cloakies anyway.

1 Like

Preaching to the choir. I’ve been banging the drum for more explicit posts about stuff for a while, which is why I was happy the mods and stuff for the nullification modules were included in the announcement.

Only issue when you do that, though, is you gotta keep updating the post as things change. Since the guys making the tweaks aren’t the same guys updating the website, that can cause issues.

But I agree, I prefer having all the info there first, rather than having to go diving for it.

Oh ■■■■ - was this all we needed to do? Just ask you? Damn, why didn’t I think of that?

From the original post: “They will work by periodically pinging system wide, with a chance to decloak cloaked ships which may then be combat scanned and destroyed.”

That goes way, way, way too far.

What it means is that it’s something that a lot of players have consistently complained about over the years, and CCP is trying to address those concerns without screwing over the legitimate (and I consider most thinks you can AFK to be illegitimate) uses of cloaks and cloaky camping. I think this is a good compromise and one of the better options from the lists I’ve seen folks make over and over again over the years.

There is no way they are going to redo the entire sov system to address one problematic part of it. I do agree that the way ADMs work now is borked and needs to be addressed down the road, but doing a complete rework is just not something that would be well received if we asked for it - especially since we’re on something like the fourth sov system in EVE and none of them have really been that popular.

That was what I wanted them to do - make it unsafe for the AFK guys, but for those who are present and paying attention, it’s just a minor inconvenience, and there are plenty of options around it.

3 Likes

Folks, a lot of your questions and concerns will be better answered AFTER they update Sisi so you can see for yourself, test it for yourself.

How about you give it an hour or two and then voice complaints that have some substance to them? As in, you tried it, saw the stats etc.

m

11 Likes

You know what would help more than this Observatory? Baiting them. If they fall for the bait, you got PVP and improved your DBS and you learned important information. If they don’t fall for the bait, you can just rat with your friends in system, socialize and do group activity as it was supposed to be the case in Null sec: actually work for keeping your space safe instead of just getting everything handed to you on the silver platter.

We could have seen the stats for an hour by now if CCP had bothered posting them.

That can’t be too much of an issue, right? That’s just a little bit of extra work … the same kind of little bit of extra work that people are supposed to enjoy now since the cyno changes, with the soon to be implemented nullification changes, and now the cloaking changes.

It’s also important to know these stats for record keeping and to see how progress and changes were accomplished. As it was evident in the Nullification topic, even without testing on sis, lots of people could already identify many issues just by looking at the posted stats. At the very least, we’d have had something more substantial to discuss while we are waiting for the implementation of these things. :smiley:

2 Likes

The amount of salty tears from people fighting for their rights to not play a game is really exhilarating

9 Likes

You realize this only really impacts AFK cloaky campers, right? If you’re there, you just bounce safes and re-activate your covops cloak. And most of the afk campers… are in the null blocs.

If you were a bot, you’re probably not at the keyboard in the first place.

You’re assuming they did because they said ‘defence against cloaking-based incursions into lowsec and nullsec regions’, right? 99% of CCP’s code just treats wormholes as nullsec regions with their own anomaly settings and their own rat types.

So until you test it to make sure it doesn’t work in a wormhole… assume it does. Check it out in thera, once sisi’s got it.

Why wait to be asked?

As opposed to that being true for literally all of human history? And, let’s face it, beyond. The loudest chick gets fed first. The strongest stimulus gets responded to. You might as well be complaining that when you step off a cliff these days, you go down.

Oh… oh YEAH!?!? Well how about YOU stop being so REASONABLE, Mike! GOD, what is wrong with you guys, being all sane and responsible?!? We’ve got all these TORCHES! and pitchforks! And you just go on and be perfectly normal when people just want to get their rabble on! AUGH! I swear, some people are the worst! And, you know, by ‘the worst’, I mean ‘pretty decent when everyone else wants to be the worst but you won’t let them’.

17 Likes

This lmao.

6 Likes

well… imagine that the ping knocking you out of cloak adds a 2-5 minute timer on your re-activation…
now we don’t have any info… yet… about the damn things… but good luck re-cloaking then…

2 Likes

A really, really loud sound that’d make me come back without wiping first.

Umm this is eve online wild speculation on the flimsest of evidence is what we do

3 Likes