Moderation of the Forums

If rules are enforced more, there will be less people engaging in productive behavior.

It’s a two way street…

2 Likes

But productive behavior, not breaking social norms, is not being restricted by moderation rules. So how can it be less of it?

1 Like

Its being restricted by them not being enforced in some cases though.

Them? What do you mean?

1 Like

Yes, the rules

Ah, like when people are scared to write something thats disturbing and breaking the not-official-rules that some forum dwellers try to set up instead of listening to moderation caused by reduced enforcing of the forum rules?

I think the honest, polite discussion, in the spirit of mutual respect to different opinion is more productive.

2 Likes

I think more when there’s a good topic and two or more people turn it into an argument and reasonable suggestions are steamrollered.

But YOU don’t set the norms…CCP does and they seem fine with things so it really looks like it’s you with the problem, not us or CCP.

I think the forum can always go two ways, like reddit, where some norms emerge freely, all the oposition is being reduced by the downvotes, or like this forum, where norm is to be more inclusive and both sides can express themselves with moderation being aware that some people will try to hijack it like in reddit, where instead of discussing the topic, sides will want to squash the opposing side by being disruptive instead of downvotes.

Forum wars, advanced.

3 Likes

Here’s how bad the D3 forums are. I just got another vacation for politely inquiring as to when the forum had turned into such a bunch of whiny Karens.

Think about that next time you want to complain about how harsh the mods are here.

1 Like

@ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode have the talks begun yet on rivising forum policy on discussion of moderation? ie. restricting prohibition to discussion of moderation of other players or something similar?

No? It’s a holiday today.

1 Like

You were supposed to begin talks the instant it was brought up!!! They should cut your salary in half… :aura:

6 Likes

The irony is that we have swung further toward this ‘brutalising’ after the ISD’s have gotten their new powers. They are now being frequently and publicly summoned with the expectation to do something rather than people just using the report function and leaving it at that.

4 Likes

Maybe that’s why they added another member? To keep up with the upticks in demand? They seemed to be doing fine before. :smiley:

That would change nothing.

/woosh

1 Like

We added more members because people keep applying. :wink:

4 Likes

@ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode thanks for keeping this thread open. I know in the past I wasn’t always as happy with the ISD moderation but this is very good how it is done now. Civil discussions with careful moderation

Keep up the good work, this goes for all the ISDs

3 Likes