Monthly Economic Report - January 2021

Watch it, I think you just said it all there…we may be in this a looong time then. So stockpiles dwindle.

My problem with this whole mess is that CCP actually said that this era will end. So any reasonable person just hunkered down and still keeps their stockpiles around. No one will go and invest in anything knowing at any random moment CCP will introduce “carrots” crashing prices down.

Whole idea if scarcity is not bad. Execution is terrible. I guess, CCP at it finest…

3 Likes

Stockpiles of what? Everything but minerals?

Everything. Considering that most of stuff right now in jita is selling way below production costs. Are they buying expensive basic minerals and sell produced items at loss? No. People sell from stockpiles created when prices where much lower and still making profit from what they invested back them.

1 Like

So everyone in Jita doesn’t understand opportunity cost?

Huh? How opportunity cost is connected to this?

If you make more by refining say the megathron vs. refining it you are losing out. It is just another version of “I mined the minerals myself so they are free.” Just because you incurred the costs months or even years ago doesn’t mean you should value them at those historical values…that isn’t how I run my invention business in game. I always check prices to see if I should simply sell the inputs directly vs. the finished product…irrespective of when I bought the inputs.

2 Likes

You are right. I didn’t do the math but I don’t think that price difference is so big that it will be worth to simply turn everything into minerals and bank it. And even if you flood market with minerals you will tank the market while actual sell volume will be small.

In any way, we lack of bigger picture and don’t really see what is actually happening behind closed doors. In wallets and hangars those who actually hoarded stuff over years. And I’m not really a good market person. But when input materials prices rise and output don’t. Logical conclusion is that stuff we see on market right now was not produced recently or not using current materials price

CCP is ripping off the customers for PA because CCP failed to get in China and a few other things?

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

Report CCP to the better business bureau for advertisement fraud and defrauding its customer in an attempt to recoup money that PA lost when it bought EVE.

1 Like

What they get from ripping off their customers is not enough to meet their targets/goals anyway.

1 Like

CCP created scarcity so that people would resort to buying PLEX in an attempt to recoup money that CCP fail to generate for PA. The ore change was a scam that has gone on for a year and it will remain until PA recoups $200m from CCP’s failed business dealings.

3 Likes

Ok, we’ll run with this. I ask if anyone can find the numbers on this?

I think there is no way ccp can make anywhere near that amount from plex.

CCP is nothing more than a division of PA now. It sounds like these DEVs was hoping for a fat bonus check after the sale of EVE but CCP failed and now we are stuck with a team of DEVS that was going to bail on EVE after they got their fat bonus check from the sale.

1 Like

Now that I believe! :rofl:

1 Like

No, CCP has created scarcity in an attempt to unsaturate the economy and maybe, and I mean maybe, it serves as a dual function to also reduce their success to a point that they can hold onto the 200mil and use it for development of the game. The contract with PA was that if Eve Online hit certain goals then they would have to make additional payments of 200mil or so, to original devs/owners of the game. However Eve failed to meet those goals so the money stays to further development. Watch the latest Talking in Stations, Caleb clears it up there.

1 Like

Yea, I am not buying that lie from Pearl Abyss anymore. CCP died the day they sold EVE to Pearl Abyss and its Pearl Abyss making all the calls now. Pearl Abyss want their money invested in the purchasing of EVE back and they will nickle and dime the customer anyway possible to accomplish that.

CCP

1 Like

Well, deep down, we all knew this day would come.

Fine, fine. Be a doomer. I do not think that the Eve community is being drained to then be discarded at a later date, I think there is more going on here than rainbows, or dark clouds. Probably something of a mix.

Unless your someone’s alt, you have no idea what ccp has done in the past.

Nor do I claim to.